Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Travis Hunter comments on game

I have also had 0 problems with him since that happened, he actually got together with the kid from CSU and hung out. But am I the only one that doesn’t think he’s an elite corner or receiver?? He’s pretty good at both and what makes him elite is being able to do both for the whole game.
Yes, he is elite cover talent (not sure he will ever step into a tackle) and WR talent.

Mood about Hunter around here has sure changed after a Husker W & Travis making a couple positive comments about us.

I don't hate the dude, but he's still a yappy, chippy player.

That dog comment from fox is exactly why the refs went to shit in the 2nd half. Keep the ratings train going as long as possible before the casuals figure out Deion’s team sucks.

Travis is getting some good advice for the draft to probably separate himself from Deion/Shadildo. The tantrum on the sideline makes me think he gets along with em for a reason.

Interesting conversation I had today about Deion.

Basically the guy said Deion made a huge mistake leaving Jackson State, and made some good points.

Had he stayed at Jackson State, here’s a list of things that this guy argued would have/could have conceivably happened.
  • Undefeated multiple times. FCS champions. Talking heads debating about whether they should be allowed in the playoffs.
  • Shadildo likely becomes the first player to pass for 6,000 yards in a season and Hunter likely becomes the first player to have over 2,000 receiving yards in a season.
  • He would have had all the talking heads on ESPN debating on whether Shadildo and Hunter belong in New York for the Heisman ceremony, even as FCS players.
  • Is still pretty close to his current popularity, except he wouldn’t be viewed by a villain by the vast majority of CFB fans.

I have a feeling that despite doing pretty well in Prime's orbit that Travis is gonna flourish even more once he gets into a new environment.
Agreed.

But here's the other take - Hunter has been getting hands-on coaching from the best NFL cover corner of all-time.

I know we all hate Deion, but I'm certain he's given Hunter great coaching. Plus we know he doesn't put any time into anything other than QB-WR-DB. So in a way, Hunter has gotten free 1-on-1 coaching from the best cover DB ever for 3 yrs.

Even the Deion haters (of which I am one) have to admit that.

But after that Hunter can be surrounded by adults in the NFL and he'll probably thrive.

I still love Deion. One of my top 3 players to watch as a kid. I loved his style.

I feel like a lot of what he says as a coach gets taken out of context or blown out of proportion. I don’t think he is a good coach. But still enjoy the show anyways.

I have also had 0 problems with him since that happened, he actually got together with the kid from CSU and hung out. But am I the only one that doesn’t think he’s an elite corner or receiver?? He’s pretty good at both and what makes him elite is being able to do both for the whole game.
I wouldn't call him elite but he is very good. Elite does it game in and game out he has some bad days see Nebraska last week and Stanford last season their wr made him his bitch.

Interesting conversation I had today about Deion.

Basically the guy said Deion made a huge mistake leaving Jackson State, and made some good points.

Had he stayed at Jackson State, here’s a list of things that this guy argued would have/could have conceivably happened.
  • Undefeated multiple times. FCS champions. Talking heads debating about whether they should be allowed in the playoffs.
  • Shadildo likely becomes the first player to pass for 6,000 yards in a season and Hunter likely becomes the first player to have over 2,000 receiving yards in a season.
  • He would have had all the talking heads on ESPN debating on whether Shadildo and Hunter belong in New York for the Heisman ceremony, even as FCS players.
  • Is still pretty close to his current popularity, except he wouldn’t be viewed by a villain by the vast majority of CFB fans.
How many spots in the draft would it cost Shadildo playing against FCS competition? Wentz got taken 2nd so not impossible to be taken high.

In hindsight is his experiment at Colorado worse?

Again in hindsight he could have let Shadildo transfer to a P5 school not coached by Deion and that may have been best case scenario.

I think Deion's main motivation for the move was Shadildo's draft stock.

I still love Deion. One of my top 3 players to watch as a kid. I loved his style.

I feel like a lot of what he says as a coach gets taken out of context or blown out of proportion. I don’t think he is a good coach. But still enjoy the show anyways.
It’s been four years and I still will bust out laughing when I see “unnecessary gayness” reactions

How many spots in the draft would it cost Shadildo playing against FCS competition? Wentz got taken 2nd so not impossible to be taken high.

In hindsight is his experiment at Colorado worse?

Again in hindsight he could have let Shadildo transfer to a P5 school not coached by Deion and that may have been best case scenario.

I think Deion's main motivation for the move was Shadildo's draft stock.

Shadildo's draft status took a hit in the last game. He didn't play well, made some bad decisions and bad throws. NFL doesn't care where you come from, they care if you can help you win. I think his offense is hurting his NFL chances. He isn't running an NFL offense, it's a 7 on 7 offense. His OL is bad, but he makes them look worse with his decisions.

Agreed.

But here's the other take - Hunter has been getting hands-on coaching from the best NFL cover corner of all-time.

I know we all hate Deion, but I'm certain he's given Hunter great coaching. Plus we know he doesn't put any time into anything other than QB-WR-DB. So in a way, Hunter has gotten free 1-on-1 coaching from the best cover DB ever for 3 yrs.

Even the Deion haters (of which I am one) have to admit that.

But after that Hunter can be surrounded by adults in the NFL and he'll probably thrive.
That may not be the best thing for Hunter. The top QBs aren't getting coached by Peyton or Brady or Joe Montana.

Being the best at something and being the best to teach and coach something are very different things. Hell the game has changed a lot since Sanders played. CBs have to tackle now, not something that Sanders was good at or liked to do and something that Hunter does not do well.

That may not be the best thing for Hunter. The top QBs aren't getting coached by Peyton or Brady or Joe Montana.

Being the best at something and being the best to teach and coach something are very different things. Hell the game has changed a lot since Sanders played. CBs have to tackle now, not something that Sanders was good at or liked to do and something that Hunter does not do well.
Good point!

I also don't think it's possible to get to the point that he's at with pure talent though. He would have had to have gotten A+ coaching at some point in his career - pop warner, middle school, HS, college etc.

Look at the polished end product that Dylan Raiola is. He's had the top coaching money can buy for like 10 yrs. Dylan is at this point due to probably $1m+ spent on his development. Natural talent too if course.

Huge Niners fan so I loved Deion in SF.

Here's the order of "bother" with Deion now for me:
1) The media circus and slobber that some media put on him, long before it's deserved <--- not his fault really
2) The WAY he's trying to run a program (everyone is disposable) and my belief that it's not the correct way to do it <--- His fault

#2 includes things like telling players to hit the portal when he first arrived, nobody on the team gets any time/attention with him except Shadildo or Hunter, not one single HS recruiting visit since he started, etc.

Huge Niners fan so I loved Deion in SF.

Here's the order of "bother" with Deion now for me:
1) The media circus and slobber that some media put on him, long before it's deserved <--- not his fault really
2) The WAY he's trying to run a program (everyone is disposable) and my belief that it's not the correct way to do it <--- His fault

#2 includes things like telling players to hit the portal when he first arrived, nobody on the team gets any time/attention with him except Shadildo or Hunter, not one single HS recruiting visit since he started, etc.
Deion is one of those "you love him if he's on your team, you despise him if he is not". Kind of like a Harbaugh or Saban.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back