Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Crawford v Spence… Finally (1 Viewer)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Figured Bud would have to beat up another couple scrubs in the Grand Island Elk's club parking lot before he'd show some cajones

jickey moseph

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Figured Bud would have to beat up another couple scrubs in the Grand Island Elk's club parking lot before he'd show some cajones
I always thought it was more of a money issue - Spence getting a healthy majority of the payout and Crawford was getting peanuts.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I always thought it was more of a money issue - Spence getting a healthy majority of the payout and Crawford was getting peanuts.
I think a lot of it was Crawford tried to DIY the negotiations for the biggest fight of his career and he is much less of a draw than Spence so he wasn't exactly bargaining from a position of strength. Seems like whatever the sticking points were last time whoever got them into a room figured out how to hammer it out in a way that everyone wins

NTXHusker

Linebacker
I think a lot of it was Crawford tried to DIY the negotiations for the biggest fight of his career and he is much less of a draw than Spence so he wasn't exactly bargaining from a position of strength. Seems like whatever the sticking points were last time whoever got them into a room figured out how to hammer it out in a way that everyone wins
What's funny to me about you saying Crawford is much less of a draw (and I tend to agree), is that even down here in Spence's neighborhood, people get just as hyped for Crawford fights. Probably because they've been on a collision course for each other for way too long, but he's well respected and I think DFW will be BUZZING for this fight

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
What's funny to me about you saying Crawford is much less of a draw (and I tend to agree), is that even down here in Spence's neighborhood, people get just as hyped for Crawford fights. Probably because they've been on a collision course for each other for way too long, but he's well respected and I think DFW will be BUZZING for this fight
If you like boxing at all, you're thrilled the fight got made.

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Spence finally stop ducking.... for now....

Heard from someone on TBC team that there is still a chance it may not happen... I'm not sure if that was just pettiness or legit though

NTXHusker

Linebacker
Spence finally stop ducking.... for now....

Heard from someone on TBC team that there is still a chance it may not happen... I'm not sure if that was just pettiness or legit though
I will tell you, people down here won't agree to things unless they are gonna get MF PAID. Spence won't sign a DAMN thing unless he is taking the lion's share of the cut.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds