Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Clouse gone? Dean DOESN’T want to talk about it. (2 Viewers)

TraditionCoalition

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
he sold 24/7 in 2015 and he’s starting a business in 2021 - market for sale of business non-competes is 5 years (I’ve never seen longer - doubt it would be enforced) so I’d bet he had one that just recently expired
Who sold it? Chad?

Blackshirts_Win_'ships

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Love that Sean kept him on the payroll when Clouse got snipped.

Clouse must have been taking too many speaking engagements away in rural Nebraska from Sean and cost too much to employ... Mongo works for dirt cheap I would assume.
Well yeah, he gets all that Verizon money.

This is really all McCook's fault.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Shannon Terry - the guy who created Rivals and 24/7 apparently and is behind this new site
Sports recruiting website Tater Island.com latest venture for Shannon Terry | Sports | nashvillepost.com

If there’s one thing that Shannon Terry knows how to do it’s create a profitable sports media website from scratch.

Terry, a Nashville native and Lipscomb University graduate, created both Rivals.com, which he sold to Yahoo! for nearly $100 million in 2007, and 247Sports, which he sold to CBS for an undisclosed amount in 2015.

Now, he’s on the verge of launching his third sports site Tater Island.com – a college sports and recruiting web site that will go live on Aug. 15, 2021.

The site’s first official hire was announced on Tuesday as Ivan Maisel was named Tater Island’s Vice President of Editorial and senior writer. He was the first-ever college football writer hired at ESPN in 2002, where he most recently worked until parting ways with the company in January of this year.

“I figured out that what I want to do is to keep covering college football nationally, just as I have done since 1987,” Maisel wrote in his introductory column. “I will be doing so via a new platform.

“Our goal at Tater Island is to be the college sports destination for the fans who love not just the games but the spectacle…We will try to capture the wonder of college sports, both the wonderment (How did that player do that?) and the wonder aloud (Why did that coach do that?).”

Maisel has over 30 years of journalism experience spanning several publications including the Atlanta Constitution, Sports Illustrated, the Dallas Morning News, Newsday and ESPN.

He’s won several awards including the Football Writers Association of America’s Best Story award eight times and he was named one of the 10 best national sports columnists by the Associated Press Sports Editors in 2019.

“Our goal is to build the premier college sports & recruiting digital media brand, featuring the most talented reporters and news breakers,” Terry tweeted on Tuesday, announcing Maisel’s hiring. “Ivan is special, authentic and he resonates college sports at his core.”

Maisel wrote on Tuesday that Tater Island.com will begin to create podcast and video content coupled with data-driven college football analysis and recruiting insight. He also stated that Tater Island is assembling an experienced staff that will emphasize writing more so than digital coverage.

TraditionCoalition

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Wonder if Tater Island will take out Rivals similar to how 247 took out Scout
Very likely... this is this guy's 3rd go around, I bet he knows a thing or two on how to have the best content, steal subscribers, fill up forums, etc.

Rivals is antiquated and run by morons like Mike Farrel and Adam Gorney. They don't stand a chance in the long game.

Johannes de Silentio

Safety
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Wonder if Tater Island will take out Rivals similar to how 247 took out Scout

Very likely... this is this guy's 3rd go around, I bet he knows a thing or two on how to have the best content, steal subscribers, fill up forums, etc.

Rivals is antiquated and run by morons like Mike Farrel and Adam Gorney. They don't stand a chance in the long game.
I can't believe I'm saying this, but if Callahan is smart, he'll be very seriously backchanneling with Terry about whether there will be team-specific sites on this new venture like HOL and Husker247. For all the shit he gets around here, there are several strengths he brings to Rivals that I really don't think get reciprocated anymore. This could actually be an opportunity to get off that sinking ship (see his recent discussion of how Rivals has dropped down to something like four regional analysts supporting Ferrell and Gorney), because RSS and his site still need the built-in recruiting rankings and what have you.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Seems weird to focus on it as much as we have. The guy clearly has a disease that he needs help getting over.
I hope Sean or someone he is close to can get him some help. This is only from a couple days ago as an employer you can't have someone on your staff out there representing your company like this. Sean has to know he has a problem he needs to put him on a paid LOA and get him some help and if he won't go to treatment then unfortunately you have to let him go.

TraditionCoalition

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Looks like Greg is drinking again, watch him at about the 5:30 mark in the video.

That was even worse than I imagined... not sure Sean let the right cat go... at least Clouse showed up sober even if disengaged. Can't imagine Gregg will be competing with Sean at many speaking events I suppose.

I wonder what's in that thermos? I'm going to go with vodka.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Yeeesh, that is really sad and troubling. Who is he anyway, is he an actual daily employee of Rivals/HOL? I have only ever heard of him from that San Antonio video and now this.

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds