Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Clouse gone? Dean DOESN’T want to talk about it. (1 Viewer)

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
I love how Deano locked the thread for replies before anyone even got a chance, and wrote a cryptic This will not be further discussed at the bottom. Damn Dean, let the people speak. 😭😭

Johannes de Silentio

Safety
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I actually don't blame him here. If Clouse were moving on voluntarily, I suspect he would have been the one to do the signing off and there could have been a fond farewell. This makes it seem like it was Callahan letting him go, and in that case it's probably best to limit the discussion. Most people would likely be tactful, but I suspect it could get out of hand easily enough--and I mean that in terms of sensitivity to Clouse rather than not giving Callahan any crap.

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
I actually don't blame him here. If Clouse were moving on voluntarily, I suspect he would have been the one to do the signing off and there could have been a fond farewell. This makes it seem like it was Callahan letting him go, and in that case it's probably best to limit the discussion. Most people would likely be tactful, but I suspect it could get out of hand easily enough--and I mean that in terms of sensitivity to Clouse rather than not giving Callahan any crap.
I agree and think Nate kind of quit trying towards the end. Either way, be a little more open with the people who pay for your content every month.

Clouse was there for many years, i think it’s fair to give the scrollers a little more closure than this wont be further discussed

Adolph Coors

Fat
Elite Member
I agree and think Nate kind of quit trying towards the end. Either way, be a little more open with the people who pay for your content every month.

Clouse was there for many years, i think it’s fair to give the scrollers a little more closure than this wont be further discussed
i really like nate’s work & he himself. he definitely mailed it in after the keyshawn class & just started predicting every prospect as N

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member
i really like nate’s work & he himself. he definitely mailed it in after the keyshawn class & just started predicting every prospect as N
I used to enjoy him too. I think it’s been said already that coach Dub was his informant... he must not have got on King Gerrod’s good side, his access dried up pretty fast when Frost got here

Johannes de Silentio

Safety
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I mean he doesn't show up on the direct message and you can't tag him.

Also no mention of rivals on Twitter

View attachment 3121
Yup, I actually kind of figured it out by accident earlier today when I was writing up my "recruiting is shit" post on RSS. I tried to tag Nate and Mongo when referencing the FutureCasts. Mongo came up, but Nate didn't. Tried it with every other HOL staff person and they all came up. Then saw Nate hadn't posted since last Wednesday, and really not anything substantive since the Tuesday chat.

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
Dean is kind of a prick.

Johannes de Silentio

Safety
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Dean is kind of a prick.
I think here it's the right move. They're letting Butch's thread stay up, but I get trying to limit the overall discussion. Again, I think that makes sense if for no other reason than to be sensitive about what seems pretty clearly to be Clouse being terminated. It's just a tough situation to have to bring up at all on the board, and there's just too much chance for it to get stupid.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds