Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Chip Kelly to Ohio State as Offensive Coordinator (5 Viewers)

doublewing

Running Back
UCLA is not offering White a HC job. He may be on a the long list of candidates which means nothing.

I love White as our DC but that would be a very bad HC hire for a B10 team. UCLA is going to need a splash hire and White is the opposite of that.

doublewing

Running Back
If his goal is to be an NFL coordinator, he is likely correct. He doesn't have the offensive talent he'd need to look good at UCLA.
I think he'll also be happy to have rid himself of HC duties. He has little to no interest in recruiting and everything that isn't related to X and O's.

ThomOsborneMD

NFL PICKEM CHAMP
Elite Member
tPB OG
UCLA is not offering White a HC job. He may be on a the long list of candidates which means nothing.

I love White as our DC but that would be a very bad HC hire for a B10 team. UCLA is going to need a splash hire and White is the opposite of that.
This time of year with the lack of talent Chip left I’d be surprised if they get a splash hire personally.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG

I think you HAVE to get a HC if you're UCLA in this situation. I don't think coordinator is the way to go. Their fanbase was really dwindling there toward the end of Chip. I think you have to show the B1G and your own fans that you're a serious program.

I'd be all over Fleck on this one. Try to show him UCLA's potential in NIL (even if you have to lie about it).

Fleck is ready to leave Minnesota IMHO. I personally think he'll only go to a team that can be a major player in the new CFB landscape. UCLA is not but maybe they could put on a show for him and make him think they are.

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Ohio State has lapped the field in terms off off-season drama. McCord Transferring, losing to Mizzou, all the splash portal additions, hiring Bjork as AD, hiring BOB for OC, losing BOB, hiring Chip…what’s next?

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Ohio State has lapped the field in terms off off-season drama. McCord Transferring, losing to Mizzou, all the splash portal additions, hiring Bjork as AD, hiring BOB for OC, losing BOB, hiring Chip…what’s next?
They also have one of the best portal classes.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
It's funny that their bowl game loss is the least important thing to happen to OSU in that time period. By far. I may has well not even happened.

Which is funny bc for Mizzou it was their national championship.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
It's funny that their bowl game loss is the least important thing to happen to OSU in that time period. By far. I may has well not even happened.

It did put more heat on Day for sure. OSU looks like the off season champs. They should beat down Michigan next year, but time will tell. If they don’t Vrabel is waiting in the bullpen.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
I don't see how all of this instability is good for Ohio State. I do think Kelly can produce a good offense but was offense their problem? Their run defense is what lost them the Michigan game.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don't see how all of this instability is good for Ohio State. I do think Kelly can produce a good offense but was offense their problem? Their run defense is what lost them the Michigan game.
McCord didn’t get it done in that game. The turnovers lost the game in the end. Day’s offense was carried by the defense all year. That’s why you’re seeing changes on offense. They aren’t doing the same on the defensive side. Their defense wasn’t the problem. Michigan had to earn their yards. They had 338 yards at the end of the day.

Last edited:

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
Jesus grow up.
The Special Lol GIF by The Special Without Brett Davis

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG

I think it demonstrated that they didn’t have a capable QB on their roster…and without MHJ their offense was pretty mediocre. To put up 3 points in any game with their talent is inexplicable.

FWIW, I’m not sure Will Howard is a major upgrade. CJ Stroud aint walking through that door.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds