Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Childress - Director of Player Development (2 Viewers)

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I'll rephrase...

Frost is on track to miss out on nearly all of the ranked in-state talent in 2022. It doesn't appear he's doing anything differently to change that in 2023 and beyond.

Agreed we’re gonna miss on some in-state talent that hurts. Especially the Jackson kid.

I’m not sure why you say that it doesn’t look like we will change that in 2023. We’ve hosted Maverick Noonan multiple times, we’ve got the top TE in the state committed, the top OL committed, and I’ll bet by Thanksgiving that Sam Sledge has an offer and he commits shortly afterwards.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Agreed we’re gonna miss on some in-state talent that hurts. Especially the Jackson kid.

I’m not sure why you say that it doesn’t look like we will change that in 2023. We’ve hosted Maverick Noonan multiple times, we’ve got the top TE in the state committed, the top OL committed, and I’ll bet by Thanksgiving that Sam Sledge has an offer and he commits shortly afterwards.
Nobody hopes you're right more than me. I guess I'm basing it more on Frost's recent history of in-state misses (Top 4 from 2022, Avente Dickerson and legacy Keagan Johnson in 2021, Xavier Watts in 2020) and a troubling recent trend of not garnering a shred of interest from top level in-state talent.

Looking back to 2018 and 2019, we were getting everyone we wanted in-state. 2019, including Nouili who transferred back, Frost went 6 for 6. 2020 - 3 for 12 (albeit, we didn't go after most of these kids very hard). 2021 5 for 14 with two big misses. 2022 - 2 for 10 with 4 big misses. I thought HCSF said we were going to lock down the borders?

"There's too many kids from this state right now playing at other schools and we are going to do everything we can to make sure that those kids are here.” - HCSF 12/3/17

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Nobody hopes you're right more than me. I guess I'm basing it more on Frost's recent history of in-state misses (Top 4 from 2022, Avente Dickerson and legacy Keagan Johnson in 2021, Xavier Watts in 2020) and a troubling recent trend of not garnering a shred of interest from top level in-state talent.

Looking back to 2018 and 2019, we were getting everyone we wanted in-state. 2019, including Nouili who transferred back, Frost went 6 for 6. 2020 - 3 for 12 (albeit, we didn't go after most of these kids very hard). 2021 5 for 14 with two big misses. 2022 - 2 for 10 with 4 big misses. I thought HCSF said we were going to lock down the borders?

"There's too many kids from this state right now playing at other schools and we are going to do everything we can to make sure that those kids are here.” - HCSF 12/3/17

Now I’m seeing what you’re saying and why you’re saying it more. My take is that it’s really not a recruiting failure and before you laugh at me, please let me explain why I say this. We both agree it’s unacceptable. I think we may differ on what’s to blame though

There’s nothing we’ve done wrong recruiting the state as far as process goes. The effort is there and those kids are priorities.

Why are we not signing these kids then? It all comes back to the fact that we have to win games. If Frost was 20-12 or 22-10 does Johnson or Dickerson go anywhere else? Are we bigger players for Helms, Riley, Woods, and Jackson? Duh.

All that being said, we need this season to start because there are a million valid questions to ask that we simply won’t get answered until kickoff in the fall.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Now I’m seeing what you’re saying and why you’re saying it more. My take is that it’s really not a recruiting failure and before you laugh at me, please let me explain why I say this. We both agree it’s unacceptable. I think we may differ on what’s to blame though

There’s nothing we’ve done wrong recruiting the state as far as process goes. The effort is there and those kids are priorities.

Why are we not signing these kids then? It all comes back to the fact that we have to win games. If Frost was 20-12 or 22-10 does Johnson or Dickerson go anywhere else? Are we bigger players for Helms, Riley, Woods, and Jackson? Duh.

All that being said, we need this season to start because there are a million valid questions to ask that we simply won’t get answered until kickoff in the fall.
Agreed.

I knew we could logically and reasonably get to the same place on this... this isn't the RRS scrolls.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Agreed.

I knew we could logically and reasonably get to the same place on this... this isn't the RRS scrolls.

I don’t ever mean to come off as gruff or dismissive. I truly don’t. But it’s simply tiring talking about things right now that can all come back to the exact same conclusion; which is “Win games.”

Many points are valid and many questions that need answered are fair. The problem is we are about 6 weeks away from getting those answers.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don’t ever mean to come off as gruff or dismissive. I truly don’t. But it’s simply tiring talking about things right now that can all come back to the exact same conclusion; which is “Win games.”

Many points are valid and many questions that need answered are fair. The problem is we are about 6 weeks away from getting those answers.
with ya. i'm frustrated by all of the trickle down that comes with people (me included) questioning everything around the program due to lack of W's. Winning games is the only thing that matters and we'll start getting answers on that in less than two months.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
with ya. i'm frustrated by all of the trickle down that comes with people (me included) questioning everything around the program due to lack of W's. Winning games is the only thing that matters and we'll start getting answers on that in less than two months.

Im tired of people thinking they’re bringing something original to a conversation when they say “We have to win.” It’s basically the same as me saying “It all starts up front” and acting like I came up with truly original material.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Im tired of people thinking they’re bringing something original to a conversation when they say “We have to win.” It’s basically the same as me saying “It all starts up front” and acting like I came up with truly original material.
Thou shall not disrespect the hogmollies!

Yea, we need the offseason over at this point. Media days, camp, practice (and the annual cycle of non-contact injuries that lead to scorching hawt takes) are near-term things to chat about, but let the season unfold and see where it takes us. I'll cheer - as always - for the lads in scarlet and cream, albeit with tempered expectations these day. GBR.

NEHusker54

Cornerback
This is amazing
Tone if you had a microscope you couldn’t find how little I give a shit about your opinion
Always Sunny Troll GIF

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
You are missing my point. The level of talent Erstad missed and didn’t even try to sign in his tenure dwarfs all of the football talent the state has produced this millennium. Frost would have to miss on a full class like the 2022 one the next 5 years in a row to be even close to where Erstad was.
My buddies nephew who is from Nebraska ended up going to Kentucky because Erstad didn’t show him much love. He just got drafted in the 10th round.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds