Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Childress - Director of Player Development (1 Viewer)

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
do those three and the sports they coach have any similarities at all? or are they completely different situations and comparing them doesn't make any sense
Yes. They are HC’s of major men’s sports at a P5. They were all hired by the same guy. They all basically have a bottomless pit of resources to use as they wish for their respective programs.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Or is he saying that one of them is not like the other because the other 2 are making big hires, getting big time talent and making progress.
one of them has a staff of 3 assistant coaches and 27 scholarship players and inherited a decent program, and that coach can fill his entire roster with in-state local kids and be competitive

one of them has a staff of 3/4 and 13 scholarships to give out, and no in the state gives a fuck about his program

one of them as a staff of 9 and 85 scholarships to fill, plus the pressure and expectations of the job that dwarfs that of the other two, not to mention the complexity of the game he coaches, which dwarfs the other two

so i guess you guys are right, one of them isn't like the other. still doesn't make any sense to compare them though.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
one of them has a staff of 3 assistant coaches and 27 scholarship players and inherited a decent program, and that coach can fill his entire roster with in-state local kids and be competitive

one of them has a staff of 3/4 and 13 scholarships to give out, and no in the state gives a fuck about his program

one of them as a staff of 9 and 85 scholarships to fill, plus the pressure and expectations of the job that dwarfs that of the other two, not to mention the complexity of the game he coaches, which dwarfs the other two

so i guess you guys are right, one of them isn't like the other. still doesn't make any sense to compare them though.
I agree with what you said, but the really good coaches usually turn it around pretty quick. Frost has a lot of examples of coaching failures which should scare the shit out of a lot of Husker fans. The jury is still out on Hoiberg too even though it seems like he can recruit, but the first two years have been disastrous on the court.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
I agree with what you said, but the really good coaches usually turn it around pretty quick. Frost has a lot of examples of coaching failures which should scare the shit out of a lot of Husker fans. The jury is still out on Hoiberg too even though it seems like he can recruit, but the first two years have been disastrous on the court.
who are the really good coaches you are referring to?

i can think of 2 guys who would have turned Nebraska around by year 2, no doubt, and thats saban and meyer.

dabo swinney went 6-7 in his third year at clemson

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
who are the really good coaches you are referring to?

i can think of 2 guys who would have turned Nebraska around by year 2, no doubt, and thats saban and meyer.

dabo swinney went 6-7 in his third year at clemson
We are going into year four with Frost. There is a lot of evidence showing Frost will never be the guy to make Nebraska a powerhouse. The examples over the last three years are prevalent. The good ones usually show some evidence in the first 3-4 years they can get it done in today’s college sports. Hell any solid coach could have made a bowl game by now. I know the talent isn’t great but don’t tell me we should be a cellar dweller in the west.

Last edited:

NEHusker54

Cornerback
Big hire.

Have to laugh at all the strange IN YOUR FACE posts at Frost though
I meant it more as a “see how it’s done” type thing but I can understand why you would take it as an “in your face” shot at Frost. Idk maybe those are the same thing.

Compare the sports all you want but the fact is 2 of the programs appear to be headed in the right direction and one does not. FWIW I pray to all things holy I’m wrong and Frost takes the next step this year. I just refuse to go on blind faith anymore.

Chi7397

Cornerback
Elite Member

the point is comparing the programs against other programs in the same sport - football is more complex for everyone who plays football, Frost hasn’t made progess against other football teams do the fact that it’s more complex isn’t really a factor here.

objectively, Frost hasn’t been a good hire for 3 years and I can’t really think of anything he’s done in the last 2 years that’s been exciting/encouraging - hopefully things turn around this season and he gives signs of life

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
the point is comparing the programs against other programs in the same sport - football is more complex for everyone who plays football, Frost hasn’t made progess against other football teams do the fact that it’s more complex isn’t really a factor here.

objectively, Frost hasn’t been a good hire for 3 years and I can’t really think of anything he’s done in the last 2 years that’s been exciting/encouraging - hopefully things turn around this season and he gives signs of life

Yeah you’re right. I honestly don’t think our players actually looking like a Big Ten team and not having bitch tits is encouraging at all.

Chi7397

Cornerback
Elite Member
Yeah you’re right. I honestly don’t think our players actually looking like a Big Ten team and not having bitch tits is encouraging at all.

Yeah very encouraging - they sure showed it last year vs. Illinois… Minnesota…. etc.

Win games, especially against teams you should beat, and people will think Frost is showing progress - it isn’t rocket science

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Yeah very encouraging - they sure showed it last year vs. Illinois… Minnesota…. etc.

Win games, especially against teams you should beat, and people will think Frost is showing progress - it isn’t rocket science

Your argument was clear and now you’re going outside of that argument.

You don’t have to stretch the truth to say you’d like Frost to win more games.

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
BUAUAUAUA.0.gif
Sweet swing, great weight distribution, solid follow through, best walk-off ever!!!
Chico's Bail Bonds sponsorship deal in the works...

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Every time something cool happens in baseball or basketball we somehow make it about football and then a pissing match happens.

1) Not everything has to do with football
2) Getting predictable
3) We really don’t have to do this
Also, there isn't really any on court evidence that basketball is headed in the right direction...

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds