Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking New hire Gus Felder as Executive Director of Player Development (1 Viewer)

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Player development is important
What I also think is being grossly overlooked is building relationships with players to help combat the Transfer Portal. The more thee coaches are viewed as more than just football coaches in their lives the better chances we have of talented players staying at Nebraska. These coaches are getting in with their parents, families and current high school coaches. That is a big part of their current support system. If we have a staff that is not only good coaches but also roll models plus mentors it should help with player retention. Gone are the days of players like the Davis Twins saying that they only spoke with Frost once or twice their whole time at Nebraska. If they didn't have to sit out a year I'm sure they would have immediately hit the Transfer Portal.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Player Development, Player Personnel, director of scouting, recuriting and personnel analyst etc etc etc

It all means 1 thing....recruiting staff. Some are watching film and doing background work. Some are playing video games, working on social media, somebody is organizing the on field staff's recruiting, some are for high school kids, some are for transfers...

You have to have a deep recruiting bench, people who know people that can get you in touch with the right person to find out what it's going to take (cost) to get a kid.

What I'll be interested to see is if Rhule has the budget and want to deepen his coaching bench. More analyst for game planning. Right now it's Verducci, McGarry, Ron Brown?, DiMichele and Simpson. I'd like to see some old motherfuckers in there breaking down film. Some guys that have had to make adjustments. Bring in fired coaches that have seen some shit.

That's what Kevin McGarry is for Tony White. Who is that on the offensive side? I don't know that answer.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Player Development, Player Personnel, director of scouting, recuriting and personnel analyst etc etc etc

It all means 1 thing....recruiting staff. Some are watching film and doing background work. Some are playing video games, working on social media, somebody is organizing the on field staff's recruiting, some are for high school kids, some are for transfers...

You have to have a deep recruiting bench, people who know people that can get you in touch with the right person to find out what it's going to take (cost) to get a kid.

What I'll be interested to see is if Rhule has the budget and want to deepen his coaching bench. More analyst for game planning. Right now it's Verducci, McGarry, Ron Brown?, DiMichele and Simpson. I'd like to see some old motherfuckers in there breaking down film. Some guys that have had to make adjustments. Bring in fired coaches that have seen some shit.

That's what Kevin McGarry is for Tony White. Who is that on the offensive side? I don't know that answer.
Are there NCAA rules about Xbox live?

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider

It will be interesting to see if Verducci and Ron Brown make it through the cut.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
It will be interesting to see if Verducci and Ron Brown make it through the cut.
Ron Brown is a bit of an acquired taste for some people. Brown has a way of connecting with some of the players but Rhule's staff seems to have quite a few staff members who appear to be able to fill that position of working with the kids on off the field issues. Verducci has been with Frost his last 2 HC Jobs so would he be considered Tainted Goods? Sounds like Verducci is a solid analyst.

11husker23

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I don’t even know if I have diabeetus. They just tell me I look like someone that might 😂😂😂😂
blinking trailer park boys GIF

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Ron Brown is a bit of an acquired taste for some people. Brown has a way of connecting with some of the players but Rhule's staff seems to have quite a few staff members who appear to be able to fill that position of working with the kids on off the field issues. Verducci has been with Frost his last 2 HC Jobs so would he be considered Tainted Goods? Sounds like Verducci is a solid analyst.
The thing about Ron Brown is that they paid him almost $200,000 last year making him the highest paid of all the staffers aside from the coaches of course, so I just wonder if the juice is worth the squeeze at this point. They were only paying Verducci $36,000 so if Rhule wants him to stick around obiviosly that would be a good return on investment.

1674873394048.png

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
The thing about Ron Brown is that they paid him almost $200,000 last year making him the highest paid of all the staffers aside from the coaches of course, so I just wonder if the juice is worth the squeeze at this point.
He was one of the best assistant coaches on our staff for decades, for multiple position groups. With the NCAA loosening the restrictions on analysts coaching players, and getting the benefits of his work without him having to do the recruiting part of a position coach, he'd be an absolute bargain IMO. Also a perfect way to bridge some of the Nebraska tradition with Rhule’s way.

I really hope he sticks around.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
The thing about Ron Brown is that they paid him almost $200,000 last year making him the highest paid of all the staffers aside from the coaches of course, so I just wonder if the juice is worth the squeeze at this point. They were only paying Verducci $36,000 so if Rhule wants him to stick around obiviosly that would be a good return on investment.

View attachment 19837
That's an expensive preacher.

NEHusker54

Cornerback
Same. It seems like every behind the scenes hire we make has the same words in their title just in a different order.

At some point it'd be interesting to see an article with a sort of organizational hierarchy of the off-the-field positions *cough* @Zack Carpenter *cough*
OR…just hear me out….an article about deans nipple circumference

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm sure Rhule has had to have a few of these conversations -

OGC.8eb3c950e9638811e2c3f85eba81cdb4
I had a buddy who's job kinda fell through the cracks. Network Engineer/Project Manager for AT&T. For 4 years he really didn't work much as he was being utilized by numerous departments who were all under the impression he was busy. Said he probably put in on average10 hrs/week of legit work. Lots of long lunches, reading industry rags, naps, going to the gym,.... He had his Admin convinced he had a conference call every day from 1:30-3:00 so he'd take a nap and she'd stop anyone from bothering him. Shut the door in his office and take a snooze on his couch for 1-2 hours. George Costanza would have been proud of him.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds