Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Cameron Ward ??? (2 Viewers)

turek420845

Reaction Whore
Elite Member
Changed "X" to Twitter because "X" is gay
Sadie Novello GIF

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
I think he’s obviously better than what we got. But with the money that is being said we should be able to get a much more polished QB.
That doesn't really answer my question. What do you dislike so much about Shapen?
I’m not sure how you could have Shapen at #2 above Howard
I wouldn't really say that I have Shapen over Howard, more 2a and 2b. I really like what both have to offer. But Howard played on a much better team then Howard. Shapen had one of the worst OLs in the country this past year, and still was solid. I would be very happy with either one.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
That doesn't really answer my question. What do you dislike so much about Shapen?

I wouldn't really say that I have Shapen over Howard, more 2a and 2b. I really like what both have to offer. But Howard played on a much better team then Howard. Shapen had one of the worst OLs in the country this past year, and still was solid. I would be very happy with either one.
I like Shapen as an option. Honestly, I like the idea of McCord over him but not having dynamic playmakers on the roster is kinda pushing me towards a QB that can move.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
The only thing I have heard or read about Shapen is that he had a serious head injury two seasons ago and was not the same when he came back. He was not as effective but did bounce back this year but wasn’t as eager to run the ball and reportedly a bit skittish in the pocket. Pretty sure it was one of the national podcast analysts from Tater Island who said this, but cannot be certain. It all sort of runs together after a while.
(That's the first I heard about his head injury)

I loved Shapen's video...but you can't readily tell which games were before and which were after that injury.

I'm here to tell you, BEFORE the dude looked like Drew Brees with more agility. If he lost some things after a head injury that's a big deal to consider.

Milo-of-Croton

Cornerback
Elite Member
(That's the first I heard about his head injury)

I loved Shapen's video...but you can't readily tell which games were before and which were after that injury.

I'm here to tell you, BEFORE the dude looked like Drew Brees with more agility. If he lost some things after a head injury that's a big deal to consider.
I believe the guy said he had 7 touchdowns and 10 interceptions after getting hurt. The kid is very talented if he has fully rebounded from it, but sometimes the mental is worse than the physical with some injuries. I can’t say that I know where he is mentally after the injury.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think you’re insane. Competing against the defenses in the big 12 compared to the BIG is a completely different ask. Did Shapen go under center once this year?
Are the BIG defenses all that good or are most of the offenses just that bad? I don’t think the Big 12 was that much worse than the Big this year overall.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG

I would take Howard over Shapen and a lot of other transfers for one main reason. Lincoln Riley met with him so must think he can play even if it’s Riley’s third choice.

JerryBones5

Safety
Elite Member
Pick'Em Champion
Are the BIG defenses all that good or are most of the offenses just that bad? I don’t think the Big 12 was that much worse than the Big this year overall.
The coverages and disguise’s the big 12 run are JV compared to the BIG. Hell you barely see press anything in the big 12 besides Texas.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
The coverages and disguise’s the big 12 run are JV compared to the BIG. Hell you barely see press anything in the big 12 besides Texas.
I’m sure that’s it. I bet the Nebraska defense would have got torched a lot more in the Big 12 with their passing game. It’s still more about Jimmy and Joes.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Just went to look at his running stats which don't really say one way or the other (not a great runner) and noticed this.

Screenshot_20231206_174533_Chrome.jpg

He's pretty decent at fumbling. Only about 1/2 the Haarberg rate and 1/4 the Sims rate but I'm sure he'll learn to fumble more at NE.

JerryBones5

Safety
Elite Member
Pick'Em Champion
I’m sure that’s it. I bet the Nebraska defense would have got torched a lot more in the Big 12 with their passing game. It’s still more about Jimmy and Joes.
Why do you think no high level secondary players ever go play in the big 12 lol

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Why do you think no high level secondary players ever go play in the big 12 lol
I figured it was because the Big 12 d coordinators can’t disguise coverages. That’s what someone on here said.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds