Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Bourbon tonight? What’s in the glass? (1 Viewer)

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
No. In fact, I just mentioned that to the bartender at the Captain Cook a few minutes ago.
Their standard stuff doesn’t do it for me.
I’ve had some of their special stuff that’s awesome though.
I like the double rye but it’s overpriced up here. In Nebraska it was like 10-15 bucks cheaper which put it just a little bit more expensive than bulleit.

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
I haven’t had a drink in a few weeks but I can’t stay away from these threads.

High West- agree with the comment that their standard label is so-so. Love their Bourye, Midwinters Night Dram, and Yipee Ky Yay. A lot of those are hard to find at reasonable prices these days. Mine are from 2017 or before.

Kentucky Owl-is the St Paddy’s the same as the standard just with a green label? I’ve always felt their price tag drifted too high and hasn’t been the same quality since they first came back. The confiscated I have is meh for a $100+ bottle.

Wellers-it’s a shame what’s happened to that bottle. What use to be a really good $25 bottle is now a vastly over-rated $150-200 bottle. It was better than things that cost $50, but isn’t better than Bookers for example. Wish the collective would just stop over paying for it. Same with pretty much the entire Buffalo Trace catalog. None of it is bad but none of it is worth what people are paying. I’d prefer Wild Turkey Rare Breed, Jim Beam Double Oak, Old Grand Dad 101… a lot of bottles under $50ish to the long list of Buffalo Trace bottles that sell for way more.

Elijah Craig - they are heaven hill and another underrated distillery. The EC line always tends to be pretty good. Of course the stated aged bottles have all skyrocketed in price and no longer worth it, but novel fuckin idea… they noticed that their Barrel Proof bottles were in high demand so they increased their supply. Buffalo Trace, on the other hand, increases their variations on “limited release” and the market falls for it every time.

Statesmen-not bad. Never bought a bottle but friend had one. Old Forester is another trusty label. If what they are selling is over $30 it’ll be good.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds