Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Herbie’s Hangout Bill Busch 8 to 9 wins (4 Viewers)

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
We all know Nebraska is winning at least 8 this year. Dread it, run from it, 8+ win Nebraska arrives just the same.

Minnesota: Gophers start slow, W
Colorado: terrible defense, midgets, easy W
Northern Illinois: W
Louisiana Tech: W

We are 4-0 baby

Michigan: waxes our ass, L
Illinois: L
Northwestern: lol, W
Purdue: homecoming, new staff, W
Michigan State: on the road, L
Maryland: there is no world where Maryland ever beats Nebraska, W
Split Wisconsin and Cockeye

8-4

African American Reaction GIF
I've seen this a lot, but why is everyone predicting the Fat Berts to beat us? They lost a lot on defense?

Peepants Gofphers W- W...just because, fuck that guy. Plus they lost a ton.
Prime's Paid Players (PPP) - W. They've got a bunch of midgets and an OL worse than ours, with a new roster and no spring ball, early. Fuck the Fluffs
Northern Illinois W - We finna drag you
La Tech W/L - Do not like this game at all, trap game before Meatchicken, Sonny Combie as HC, if the defense shows any glimpse of sucking, I could see this going either way.
Meatchicken L - They finna drag us
Fat Berts - W - They lost their stellar DB and stud RB...and I dislike Fat Bert, and they lost their DC
Nerds W - Fat Pitzgerald - I thank you for slapping Frost and showing him the door, but you getting boat raced
Smarter Nerds L - Fucking Nerds and that DC turned HC
Sparatucs L - It's there, and Mel Tucker sucks, but who knows, our OL is probably decimated and shitty by this time of year
Maryland W - Crab Cake eaters
Wisky L - Probably
Cockeye - W - Because Fuck'em

I like 7-5 and make a bowl, but could easily see us drop the last 4-5 games depending on how Donnie does.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I've seen this a lot, but why is everyone predicting the Fat Berts to beat us? They lost a lot on defense?

I like 7-5 and make a bowl, but could easily see us drop the last 4-5 games depending on how Donnie does.
seeing you post this, I have to admit that after reading The Athletic article from today I posted in the Colorado thread, I would agree to fire Donny today if we could steal O'Boyle away from Sean Lewis (it had what seemed to me to be a great description of Lewis' offense, although the board would not allow me to post the video clips and pictures that came with it)

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Has felt like for years that w/ decent coaching we should be able to win 8-9 as target. We consistently shit down our leg, so prob not that easy, but in Rhule we trust.
8 wins in the B1G West for a program like Nebraska should be an automatic every year. It's not some super impressive feat.

Schedule 3 cream puffs: 3-0
BIG schedule: 5-4
Season record: 8-4

Wisconsin figured out that this was not good enough so they shit canned their coach. If you're in a conference like the B1G West, 8-4 for a strong program isn't that impressive.

I'm tired of NU fans acting like that's some amazing accomplishment. 8-4 at Nebraska should really get the HC fired, much like it got Paul Chryst fired.

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG

Peepants Gofphers W- W...just because, fuck that guy. Plus they lost a ton.
Prime's Paid Players (PPP) - W. They've got a bunch of midgets and an OL worse than ours, with a new roster and no spring ball, early. Fuck the Fluffs
Northern Illinois W - We finna drag you
La Tech W/L - Do not like this game at all, trap game before Meatchicken, Sonny Combie as HC, if the defense shows any glimpse of sucking, I could see this going either way.
Meatchicken L - They finna drag us
Fat Berts - W - They lost their stellar DB and stud RB...and I dislike Fat Bert, and they lost their DC
Nerds W - Fat Pitzgerald - I thank you for slapping Frost and showing him the door, but you getting boat raced
Smarter Nerds L - Fucking Nerds and that DC turned HC
Sparatucs L - It's there, and Mel Tucker sucks, but who knows, our OL is probably decimated and shitty by this time of year
Maryland W - Crab Cake eaters
Wisky L - Probably
Cockeye - W - Because Fuck'em

I forgot about Illinois losing their DC. I just think Bert is a good coach, plus it's on the road (albeit Illinois). I could see us winning that game. I do think if we start 4-0 we will get to 8.

LA Tech was 3-9 last year with the fifth-worst defense in college football, 1-6 in their last 7. If we lose to them you're all going to start mistaking me for @Ducksker (aka Kitty) because I will be going scorched earth.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
I forgot about Illinois losing their DC. I just think Bert is a good coach, plus it's on the road (albeit Illinois). I could see us winning that game. I do think if we start 4-0 we will get to 8.

LA Tech was 3-9 last year with the fifth-worst defense in college football, 1-6 in their last 7. If we lose to them you're all going to start mistaking me for @Ducksker (aka Kitty) because I will be going scorched earth.
Yeah, I didn't check anything out on La Tech, if their defense sucked came dicks, then chalk that up as a W. Drag'em

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
8 wins in the B1G West for a program like Nebraska should be an automatic every year. It's not some super impressive feat.

Schedule 3 cream puffs: 3-0
BIG schedule: 5-4
Season record: 8-4

Wisconsin figured out that this was not good enough so they shit canned their coach. If you're in a conference like the B1G West, 8-4 for a strong program isn't that impressive.

I'm tired of NU fans acting like that's some amazing accomplishment. 8-4 at Nebraska should really get the HC fired, much like it got Paul Chryst fired.
And how about not starting the season with a conference foe. WTF agreed to that more than once?

CybrrMonky71

FukUJarvisRedwine
Elite Member
Its not that outlandish. Nebraska shouldn't have been a 3-5 win team the past 5 years. Thats why we fired our coach, lol. IMO with Nebraska's talent level they should have has had roughly

2018 6 wins
2019 7-8 wins
2020 Weird season Id say 5-3 with the schedule
2021 8-10 wins
2022 7-8 wins

Theres no reason Nebraska was wining 3-4 games the past few seasons
2018 is a 7 win team easy.
They pissed away
Colorado
Troy
NW
Those wins were in the bag
If Akron wasn’t cancelled the win total should have been 8
& you could make a case going into Ohio ST/Cockeye with only 3 loses we win one of those
2018 was probably Frosts Best team offensively
Defense wasn’t great but Thst team was closest to what we were promised offensively
& by the end of the year the offense was rolling
I’d put 2018 as should have been a floor of 8 with potential for 10
Michigan & Wisconsin we had no prayer against bc we weren’t physical enough
For some reason we always matched up well against OSU

ShortSideOption

Linebacker
Insider
Can't stand Sip... I tune in just for Bill and it is over the podcast.
Sipple has slowly been pissing me off more and more. When he went on his crusade defending Thompson and Farmer about "rebuild" I was over it. We all know he was just defending his buddies that were slipping him info to try and make us believe they didn't tear it down that bad.

ShortSideOption

Linebacker
Insider
I don't necessarily disagree that's it's weird to see Busch make a prediction but I think he's really a unique case where he's getting close to retirement and truly loves the Nebraska.

I get the angle that it might create expectations with fans, but we usually do insane hype without things like this all on our own.

But overall I think he is just bullish on Rhule's ability to get the team to play solid fundamental football and that should win you some games with the schedule we've got.
I think that all makes sense. Wants to be done coaching (even though don't RHULE out coming back to Nebraska)

Good point about us having weird expectations anyway. We have to deal with it every offseason. My point was more it's tougher to calm people down when a former coach goes out and says it.

I'm shocked he took the full-time job after hearing what he thought about our leadership when he was in the analyst spot.

ShortSideOption

Linebacker
Insider
It's typically not amazing, but it is since we've only done it once since 2015. Hell, every kid we are recruiting right now for the 2024 class was in 6th grade the last time we had a winning season.

8 wins when you think about our last 8 seasons would be pretty amazing in my opinion, especially year 1.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
The idea we keep calling ourselves the most talented team in the West yet continue to watch our west foes produce more high end NFL talent is ridiculous.

We recruit better than any team in the west, fact. We are not the most talented team in our division, also fact.
Yeah, I saw someone post elsewhere that we had the fourth most talent in the conference after Ohio St, MI and PSU.

But Cockeye just had two first rounders, four in the first 3 rounds. Last time we had four in the first 3 rounds was 2005. Last time we had two first rounders was 1998.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
It's typically not amazing, but it is since we've only done it once since 2015. Hell, every kid we are recruiting right now for the 2024 class was in 6th grade the last time we had a winning season.

8 wins when you think about our last 8 seasons would be pretty amazing in my opinion, especially year 1.
Oh hell yeah, 8-4 would be amazing in Rhule's first year.

That wasn't in any way what I was talking about, but 8-4 in year 1 of Rhule would be very impressive, absolutely. No arguments there.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Yeah, I saw someone post elsewhere that we had the fourth most talent in the conference after Ohio St, MI and PSU.

But Cockeye just had two first rounders, four in the first 3 rounds. Last time we had four in the first 3 rounds was 2005. Last time we had two first rounders was 1998.

We definitely recruit at the highest level.

I can get on board with the idea that it shouldn’t take long to get to a point where guys that play here are getting drafted.

There has clearly been inefficiencies and full on deficiencies as it pertains to getting these kids ready to play.

A coach’s job is to set and make clear what the standard is to be able to play that sport at a certain level. That’s the bare minimum of his job. The great coaches inspire kids to not only meet those expectations, but want to be more and put in the work that it takes to be more.

We’ll see if Rhule and his staff can do that. The stories from the summer and fall I want to hear is that a lot of kids are staying late after practice and doing extra work.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds