Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Bill Busch Season Prediction (2 Viewers)

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
Its Happening The Office GIF by NBC

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
My first thought upon reading this was a member of a fired staff setting the bar artificially high for the new staff so it's tough for the new staff to look successful. A touch of sour grapes, though I don't think that's really Busch's character.

Then he said this and erased that negative spin I had in my head:

"I feel that there is good leadership now that took over talent and brought in more talent."

Pretty telling because he's basically dumping on the staff he was a part of, but good for him for being objective.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
My first thought upon reading this was a member of a fired staff setting the bar artificially high for the new staff so it's tough for the new staff to look successful. A touch of sour grapes, though I don't think that's really Busch's character.

Then he said this and erased that negative spin I had in my head:

"I feel that there is good leadership now that took over talent and brought in more talent."

Pretty telling because he's basically dumping on the staff he was a part of, but good for him for being objective.
Bill Busch must have really wanted to come back to Nebraska. He spent a year in Lincoln as an analyst watching the Scott Frost shit show and still signed on to coach for a year after that.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
Bill Busch must have really wanted to come back to Nebraska. He spent a year in Lincoln as an analyst watching the Scott Frost shit show and still signed on to coach for a year after that.
I do remember people saying when Busch's name was first mentioned for a coaching spot that he wouldn't go for it because he was unimpressed with Frost.

Adolph Coors

Fat
Elite Member
im sure he thought he could install some stability and discipline into the program, hell look what happened when he took over the defense, we went from doggone awful to halfways competent.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I do remember people saying when Busch's name was first mentioned for a coaching spot that he wouldn't go for it because he was unimpressed with Frost.
My mom is close friends with some of his relatives. They told her that Busch was not impressed at all with what was going on behind the scenes when he first got to Lincoln. Moving back to be with his wife & family in Lincoln was a big deal to him. They made it sound like he was almost shocked at what he saw when he started working as an analyst. Bill loves his home state Huskers and wouldn't be petty enough to take shots at the current staff for his own egotistical reasons. I liked that he mentioned that this staff was more organized.

For those too young to remember Bill when he was coaching under Callahan he was known as the ultimate grinder when it came to recruiting. He would go anywhere and anytime to meet with recruits. I wish I knew where I read it but he told some stories in an interview years ago about being in some downright nasty neighborhoods over the years meeting with recruits and their families. Nobody outworked him on the recruiting trail. He was a machine and had a real eye for talent. Much respect for what Bill Busch stands for.

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
My mom is close friends with some of his relatives. They told her that Busch was not impressed at all with what was going on behind the scenes when he first got to Lincoln. Moving back to be with his wife & family in Lincoln was a big deal to him. They made it sound like he was almost shocked at what he saw when he started working as an analyst. Bill loves his home state Huskers and wouldn't be petty enough to take shots at the current staff for his own egotistical reasons. I liked that he mentioned that this staff was more organized.

For those too young to remember Bill when he was coaching under Callahan he was known as the ultimate grinder when it came to recruiting. He would go anywhere and anytime to meet with recruits. I wish I knew where I read it but he told some stories in an interview years ago about being in some downright nasty neighborhoods over the years meeting with recruits and their families. Nobody outworked him on the recruiting trail. He was a machine and had a real eye for talent. Much respect for what Bill Busch stands for.
In the segment where Busch made this prediction, Sip was joking about how he "might be out recruiting somewhere" this time next year

Pondering Season 9 GIF by The Office

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
y6Fyyc.gif

DAFUQ. Why won't my browns fan dancing with a beer gif show up
Let me try. let me try a 3rd time because those links didn't work. Took 3 links to find one that works. One of my favorite Gifs, and you know That Guy Fucks!!!!

FlickeringSomeHerring-small.gif

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds