Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Biggest upset in College football history? (1 Viewer)

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
My vote is Stanford over USC....Stanford was a 40 point dog in that game I think.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
BC beating Notre Dame in '93 was one of the most seismic that I can remember. Not the largest spread, but had the biggest effect, & was expected to be a an easy W on the way to a national championship game.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Nebraska over Cockeye this season. One team was terrible on the field and one was filled with terrible humans who blew a layup to play for a Big Ten title

Huskersballz

Running Back
Elite Member
Howard beating UNLV is #1 if we want to be technical and go by point spread.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
App State over Meatchicken was pretty big...
This is pretty high on my list. I still vividly remember seeing the absolute shock and horror on the faces of all the Michigan fans. It's was a beautiful thing. Saw a lot of similar expressions against TCU the other day too.
sad eric cartman GIF by South Park

jaihawk

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Obviously, this was before every game was on TV. I was at grade school basketball practice and the coach had it on the radio....we kept stopping b/c we couldn't believe what we were hearing.

I was at the Kansas vs. Oklahoma game (my freshman year at KU) and they popped the 4th quarter score up on the screen (long before the days of being able to see real time scores on your phone or even stream the game). I tore out of there and ran all of the way back to my dorm (which was all uphill) to turn on the radio and hear that we couldn't win the game. Took so much shit from my KU friends for the next week or two.

doublewing

Running Back
BC beating Notre Dame in '93 was one of the most seismic that I can remember. Not the largest spread, but had the biggest effect, & was expected to be a an easy W on the way to a national championship game.
I was happy to see ND lose that game (because I always like when they lose) but would have rather have played ND than FSU in the Orange Bowl. ND losing ruined that chance.

ND and FSU were equally good in different ways, but it would have been a nice reprieve from playing FSU and Miami in their own backyard.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds