Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Better college QB: Vick vs RG3 (1 Viewer)

Who was the better college QB?

• Michael Vick

Votes: 25 80.6%
  • Robert Griffin III

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Saw some highlights of both on my feed this morning. So who was better in college?

Vick: 2 year starter, 3,279 yards passing, 21 tds, 12 int, 1,216 rushing yards and 17 TDs. 1 national championship appearance. Finished 3rd in the Heisman race as a freshman. 21-1 as a starter.

RG3: 4 year starter (injured most of sophomore year), 10,366 yards passing, 78 tds, 17 int, 2,254 rushing yards, 33 tds. Heisman trophy winner. 23-18 as a starter.

Tyneb23

POTD Editor of tPB. Master interviewer
Titty Master
tPB OG
Vick played in a pro style offense and RG3 played in a wide open spreas offense. Vick was just different. RG3 played a few years in the NFL but when Vick should he could play pro style with the Falcons and more of a spread with Eagles. Easy choice Vick by a mile

Eaton Beaver

Prime Time
Elite Member
RGlll lead Baylor to lots of wins and I'm not sure they won a game before him but Vick was still better

Last edited:

doublewing

Running Back
Not even a contest for me. Vick by a mile.

There hasn't been a player approaching his unique athleticism at the QB position, CFB or NFL. Better ones for sure, but Vick was a freak.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Saw some highlights of both on my feed this morning. So who was better in college?

Vick: 2 year starter, 3,279 yards passing, 21 tds, 12 int, 1,216 rushing yards and 17 TDs. 1 national championship appearance. Finished 3rd in the Heisman race as a freshman. 21-1 as a starter.

RG3: 4 year starter (injured most of sophomore year), 10,366 yards passing, 78 tds, 17 int, 2,254 rushing yards, 33 tds. Heisman trophy winner. 23-18 as a starter.
Vick was the most electric. The guy who reminded me of him in college was Lamar Jackson.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
If I had to pick a qb for one year to carry a team in college my vote goes to Cam Newton. He was a man among boys in college.
He had the perfect HC/OC for his skill set. You couldn't have asked for a better fit than what Mahlzan does for Newton. Power Read stuff with Cam as the downhill portion, shear hell to plan for IMO.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
He had the perfect HC/OC for his skill set. You couldn't have asked for a better fit than what Mahlzan does for Newton. Power Read stuff with Cam as the downhill portion, shear hell to plan for IMO.
It’s a good thing Auburn gave daddy Newton a better deal because Cam was going to go to Mississippi State. He would have been a pretty good fit there too. It worked out in the end for all parties. It’s also funny to think Cam was Tebow’s backup at Florida. Urb was pulling in major talent.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds