Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

NSFW Best live show you’ve seen (1 Viewer)

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Stones at Soldier Field
Kenny Chesney was a close 2nd

Been thinking about The Killers @B1G_10_Tony They're for real huh? Live shows look unbelievable on YT

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm really not much for big shows. Been to a few mostly because my wife drug me along. Fell asleep at U2 a few years ago at Century Link. Saw Dave Matthew's at an amphitheater by Sacramento. Was probably the only one that wasn't happy to see them come back for a 2nd encore. Annoyed as fuck by the 4th.

I like going to small venues like Music Box on Cass back in the day. Grasshopper Takeover was always fun.
I brought Grasshopper Takeover out to Colorado for some shows. Got them some gigs around the state. Their fucking agent screwed the pooch big time. Called in a favor to get them the Headlining Spot at the Winter Music Conference in Aspen. Duffy never called back to confirm. We were still able to get them on the bill but they were the first performer and none of the agents where there.

I grew up family friends with Curt's family, great guy. When his band started my mom told me I needed to book them. I laughed because I had no idea who they were. Told her to have their agent get ahold of me and she informed me Curt's mom Linda was their agent. I laughed again. Turns out she was just handling their Merch. We got a good laugh out of that story. I will say that they put on a great Live Show. My Sound Engineer walked away from their first show with us quite impressed. I had high hopes for them because they really did have a sound that could have taken off in the music world at the time. I still listen to their CD. Esta Vida's Life!!!!!

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I brought Grasshopper Takeover out to Colorado for some shows. Got them some gigs around the state. Their fucking agent screwed the pooch big time. Called in a favor to get them the Headlining Spot at the Winter Music Conference in Aspen. Duffy never called back to confirm. We were still able to get them on the bill but they were the first performer and none of the agents where there.

I grew up family friends with Curt's family, great guy. When his band started my mom told me I needed to book them. I laughed because I had no idea who they were. Told her to have their agent get ahold of me and she informed me Curt's mom Linda was their agent. I laughed again. Turns out she was just handling their Merch. We got a good laugh out of that story. I will say that they put on a great Live Show. My Sound Engineer walked away from their first show with us quite impressed. I had high hopes for them because they really did have a sound that could have taken off in the music world at the time. I still listen to their CD. Esta Vida's Life!!!!!
I really thought they were going to be huge.. James was bad ass on the bass and Curt had a one of a kind voice.

SoCal_Corn

Wide Receiver
One of my favorite memories from there was a UFO concert (mid-70’s). Hell, I may have still been in high school.

One of favorite songs of theirs at that time was “Natural Thing”. I hadn’t heard it yet, so I caught the band as they were coming back from intermission by simply walking up to the stage (which was like a foot tall).

Me (to Phil Mogg): “Phil, I’m dying here. When are you going to play “Natural Thing”?

Phil: “It’s not in the set tonight, mate. Sorry.”

Me (edging closer to the stage so I can look him in the eye because he’s short and I’m not): “Phil, I have all of your albums. The two guys I’m sitting with are bigger UFO geeks than I am. They may throw themselves off of the balcony if you don’t play that song tonight!”

Phil (thoughtfully thinking: “Why not?” and her turns to Michael Schenker and yells “Natural Thing” on three. ONE, TWO, THREE …”

AMAZING!!! :love:

I am @Jealous of you. Never saw THAT version of the world's 2nd Most Underrated Rock Band of All Time.
Schenker is my favorite guitarist (took over from Blackmore about 15 years ago) and I have seen him play probably 10-12 times.
I saw the 'reformed' version in 1995 at The Palace in Hollywood on the WALK ON WATER Tour, a GREAT record BTW.

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
Top show that may never be topped is Grateful Dead w/ Warren Haynes at Red Rocks. 3+ hour face melter.

Other top shows— Kendrick, DAMN tour, Danny Brown, Old tour, Travis Scott Astro World tour, and Oddissee, Iceberg tour. Perfect Circle at Red Rocks was pretty cool too

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
AMAZING!!! :love:

I am @Jealous of you. Never saw THAT version of the world's 2nd Most Underrated Rock Band of All Time.
Schenker is my favorite guitarist (took over from Blackmore about 15 years ago) and I have seen him play probably 10-12 times.
I saw the 'reformed' version in 1995 at The Palace in Hollywood on the WALK ON WATER Tour, a GREAT record BTW.
A buddy of mine found a YouTube video of their “final” concert at essentially a bar in Scotland a few years ago. I had no idea they were going to pull that shit on me. It’s a show I would have bought a plane ticket to Scotland to go see.

I saw them in the late 70’s at the Music Hall attached to Civic Auditorium in Omaha, and for the final time at Comstock Rock outside of Ord, NE in 2005. Joe Satriani started it up, followed by Joan Jett, UFO & Cheap Trick closed it out. Fun day of moosic in that pastoral setting.

B1AB825E-84C7-4309-9778-AD60EA07C93B.jpeg

47A74BA0-3C1A-40A5-9AFB-386EC0E73E8D.jpeg

6C111670-A116-4351-B730-E57B942EE1BD.jpeg

B2ED51B5-0E91-4971-B44C-C1CA69B472C5.jpeg

0556FDDC-7D16-4E2D-BA2A-0FDB4553F54F.jpeg

doublewing

Running Back
I prefer small venue shows anymore. Great one I saw in 2014 was Jane's Addiction at the Brooklyn Bowl in Vegas. It was about 20 years removed from the last time I saw them and just as good.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds