Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

August Recruiting Thread

Texas is going to be the next Bama-Georgia.
No kidding. Three five stars and 14 four-stars last year. 12 four-stars so far this year.
Adam Sandler Comedy GIF by Netflix Is a Joke

Hey, guys, there's still time to get your David Sanders gear for your commitment announcement watch party.

In maintaining my previously stated position I must proclaim:

If he picks Tenn then this is the lamest of money grabs and nobody wants the clothing line of a high school offensive lineman. NIL has ruined CFB. These kids need to get their heads checked.

If he picks Nebraska then that is some truly fly gear. That kid has all the drip. My swag and rizz would be lit AF if I would wear that stuff while standing on business. #AGTG #Godsplan

As a Providence Day alumnus, our colors are red, blue, and white.

David will be wearing orange though once he publicly commits to Tennessee. He aint coming to NU.
I agree that he will be committing to Tennessee in August. That being said, I really don't think that door will be fully closed and if we get to 8+ wins this year, don't be surprised if we hear is name again.

I agree that he will be committing to Tennessee in August. That being said, I really don't think that door will be fully closed and if we get to 8+ wins this year, don't be surprised if we hear is name again.
You may be right, but I don't feel that way. There really isn't a history of 5 stars changing commitments late in the season. If Tennessee has a terrible season and Heupel is on the hot seat, that could change. Otherwise, these guys seem to bond with their future teammates and assimilate over the course of a season.

I'd love to be proven wrong.

You may be right, but I don't feel that way. There really isn't a history of 5 stars changing commitments late in the season. If Tennessee has a terrible season and Heupel is on the hot seat, that could change. Otherwise, these guys seem to bond with their future teammates and assimilate over the course of a season.

I agree. You'd have to believe Nebraska is in the driver's seat if not for the fact we might suck but if that was such an important criteria, why decide mid August?

Good points. But we aren't talking about a 5-star that will have been committed for a year+...then starts looking around. He has strong relationships with us right now too. We just need to get through the first few months and show him that we are legit. Tennessee could legitimately be 4-3 and we could be 7-0. They go...

Chattanooga
@ NCState #24
Kent St
@ Oklahoma #16
Bye
@ Arkansas
Florida
Alabama #5

Compare that to...
UTEP
Colorado
Northern Cockeye
Illinois
@ Purdue
Rutgers
Bye
@ Indiana

Good points. But we aren't talking about a 5-star that will have been committed for a year+...then starts looking around. He has strong relationships with us right now too. We just need to get through the first few months and show him that we are legit. Tennessee could legitimately be 4-3 and we could be 7-0. They go...

Chattanooga
@ NCState #24
Kent St
@ Oklahoma #16
Bye
@ Arkansas
Florida
Alabama #5

Compare that to...
UTEP
Colorado
Northern Cockeye
Illinois
@ Purdue
Rutgers
Bye
@ Indiana
But he wouldn't change his commitment after game seven. would he? Much more likely he would do so at or near season's end. And won't he take strength of schedule into account?

I am sure he has good relationships here. But to second Baron's observation, it seems he decided to pick a number one going into his senior year and be done with it. Otherwise, why not wait and watch the on-field results? He visited Tennessee 7 or 8 times.

Recruiting in general is never over until it’s over.

That being said, you can’t bank on kids consistently flipping, especially when it’s from a school closer to home they will have visited 3-4x more than us in the SEC where he also has a path to playing early

We will undoubtedly try to get him on campus for a game (Colorado seems to be the big weekend with the night kick and expected environment) but who knows if that happens. I would wager it’s more likely than not once he commits he’s solid to Tennessee and starts to plan for his senior year and moving to Knoxville after that

With him taking this long to commit somewhere I think he will probably end up sticking with them unless like you said that team implodes during the season.

If he really wanted to see how Nebraska performs this year he could have moved his commitment date into or even after the season.

He's a high level enough recruit at a position of need that any team he wanted to go to would make room for him late.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back