Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

August recruiting thread (2 Viewers)

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Actually It’s kinda genius. Hence the 5 stars they’re going to get.
Rick And Morty Dont Hate The Player GIF

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
What happens if a kid commits to Missouri, gets paid, then flips on signing day?
It sounds to me like the contract is essentially a more strict version of a NLI document you’d sign with the NCAA. Once you sign that contract you’re legally unable to flip

The question becomes really if a kid wanted to flip, would Mizzou contractually prevent him from doing so knowing the PR backlash that would come? I’m guessing there is an agreed upon settlement clause in these contracts stating should the parties choose to break the contract that any and all monies received have to be paid back within 30 days of breach of contract or something like that.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
What happens if a kid commits to Missouri, gets paid, then flips on signing day?
The state law only applies if the player signs a contract saying he will sign the NLI. Not sure what the remedy is, but I would suspect it is that the player has to at least refund what he had been paid.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
It sounds to me like the contract is essentially a more strict version of a NLI document you’d sign with the NCAA. Once you sign that contract you’re legally unable to flip

The question becomes really if a kid wanted to flip, would Mizzou contractually prevent him from doing so knowing the PR backlash that would come? I’m guessing there is an agreed upon settlement clause in these contracts stating should the parties choose to break the contract that any and all monies received have to be paid back within 30 days of breach of contract or something like that.
Also suppose a kid goes to Mizzou for just spring ball and then transfers. What then? Or a coach gets fired like Drink will shortly?

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Great way to keep instate kids.
The law says I state kids can start getting nil in December of their senior year if they sign with an instate school
That makes more sense as it appears to "line up" with the early signing day period.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds