Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

August recruiting thread (3 Viewers)

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
This is so slimy. This is beyond "Kids deserve their piece of the pie from this billion dollar industry," the argument used to justify NIL. This is saying "Only kids who go to our favorite schools deserve this advantage." In other words, a kid in KC who wants to go to Nebraska is not deserving of this early piece of the pie.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
This is so slimy. This is beyond "Kids deserve their piece of the pie from this billion dollar industry," the argument used to justify NIL. This is saying "Only kids who go to our favorite schools deserve this advantage." In other words, a kid in KC who wants to go to Nebraska is not deserving of this early piece of the pie.
So if Nebraska created a similar law and had a Missouri kid commit would the Missouri law bar that recruit from receiving NIL from Nebraska?

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
So if Nebraska created a similar law and had a Missouri kid commit would the Missouri law bar that recruit from receiving NIL from Nebraska?
I assume so. Looks like the current law only applied to HS kids who live in Missouri. IDK for sure, though.

Seaofred92

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Nebrasketball
Also suppose a kid goes to Mizzou for just spring ball and then transfers. What then? Or a coach gets fired like Drink will shortly?
Every NIL agreement has contractual clauses you must fulfill in order to receive compensation. It’s no different than Myles Farmer leaving right now. He forfeits whatever he’s entitled to receiving in the future if he can’t fulfill the contractual obligations and the document may or may not contain repayment language. Think of it like taking a sign on bonus at a new job- you may have clawback language or periods in the employee agreement the first year or so, as an example

DuckSker

RedSeaFarts=Sandalwood
Elite Member

Huskers0119

Linebacker
Elite Member

Anyone got the scoop?
"Obviously, Oklahoma and its defensive line recruiting efforts are the talk of the town. But on the opposite side of this imaginary line of scrimmage, the Sooners are trying to fill out their 2024 offensive line haul.

Oklahoma currently has three offensive front liners committed and the goal is to try and round things out with a four-star priority. Grant Brix is a bit of an anomaly as his recruitment is one of the more unique to follow across the cycle.

But what's the latest and where do things stand between him and OU? Here's some recent hearings that have come across my path:

I'll start by saying there remains confidence on the Oklahoma side of the equation regarding its standing within Brix's process. The consistent sell of position specific development, a standout strength/conditioning program and the opportunity to play in the SEC keeps OU towards the top. Depending on who you talk to, there's a subtle perception that the Sooners might lead.

But, I have to say, I've heard from a number of sources consistent confidence from the Nebraska side of the equation, too. The Huskers are recruiting with the type of effort you'd expect from a Matt Rhule led program and the prioritization placed on nearby talents is highlighted by someone like Brix. Between the sell of an upward trajectory for the program, a place that fits what Brix likes and a serious proximity to home advantage, there's remains a lot of chatter about Nebraska being in great position.

I read it as Oklahoma and Nebraska at the top in a heated battle down the stretch with Kansas State right behind the two in first-tier. What I find interesting about this race is that Oklahoma's pitch is more so based on things that are tangible whereas Nebraska and K-State have the ability to employ pitches with more connections to the mental or emotional side of recruitments. That, to me, is something really has to be considered when covering a player like Brix. It's what continues to make this one a bit unpredictable down the stretch.

According to a source, the goal for Brix is still to get this wrapped up before his season starts. An exact date has yet to be determined, though.

This one has been interesting because at times, it's felt like a battle between two teams at the top. But whether it was Oklahoma vs. Kansas State or Oklahoma vs. Nebraska, there is something to be said for the Sooners sticking towards the top through the twists and turns. While it seems there's an opportunity to close, I'm fully expecting this one to stay in the shroud of uncertainty until a staff is notified that this recruitment is officially in the books."

Oklahoma has something "tangible" while Nebraska and Kstate don't? Lol, what a dickhead statement, nothing about recruiting is tangible, it's literally adults making promises and trying to sell kids on playing for their helmet. And I would think for Brix, someone who has been very outspoken about proximity to home, being 90 minutes from home is "tangible". To me this reads like laying the groundwork for OU losing out so this guy can go back later and say "well gee guys what an irrational decision by Brix what are ya gonna do, recruiting right?".

Last edited:

Herbie

Quarterback
Oklahoma has something "tangible" while Nebraska and Kstate don't? Lol, what a dickhead statement, nothing about recruiting is tangible, it's literally adults making promises and trying to sell kids on playing for their helmet. And I would think for Brix, someone who has been very outspoken about proximity to home, being 90 minutes from home is "tangible". To me this reads like laying the groundwork for OU losing out so this guy can go back later and say "well gee guys what an irrational decision by Brix what are ya gonna do, recruiting right?".
glad im not the only one that got a kick out of that.
Is using recent oline success to the nfl a tangible pitch?

I’d say the most tangible pitch is the proximity to home.

Herbie

Quarterback
even better, we aren't out of it, either. We are just keeping a low profile.
Desus And Mero Pass GIF by Bernie Sanders

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds