Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Assistant corch* salaries (2 Viewers)

Herbie

Graduate Assistant
*had 7 million to play with*

OC - Marcus Satterfield - 1.4 million
OL - Donovan Raiola - 325k
RB - EJ Barthel - 285K
WR - Garrett McGuire - 285k
TE - Josh Martin - 125k(drunk made over 300k)
Offense - $2,420,000

DC - Tony White - 1 million
DB - Evan Cooper - 670k
DL - Terrance Knighton - 400k
LB - Rob Dvoracek - 285k
Defense - $2,360,000

ST Ed Foley - 550k

———
5.53million of 7million spent and most defensive coaches need a raise.

What is the point of negotiating for a large assistant pool if you aren’t even going to use it? Nobody give two flying fucks if you save the team money by not using it all.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
*had 7 million to play with*

OC - Marcus Satterfield - 1.4 million
OL - Donovan Raiola - 325k
RB - EJ Barthel - 285K
WR - Garrett McGuire - 285k
TE - Josh Martin - 125k(drunk made over 300k)
Offense - $2,420,000

DC - Tony White - 1 million
DB - Evan Cooper - 670k
DL - Terrance Knighton - 400k
LB - Rob Dvoracek - 285k
Defense - $2,360,000

ST Ed Foley - 550k

———
5.53million of 7million spent and most defensive coaches need a raise.

What is the point of negotiating for a large assistant pool if you aren’t even going to use it? Nobody give two flying fucks if you save the team money by not using it all.
Seems like we could save some money by hiring someone different for ST then give the difference to White as a pay raise.

Give Knighton a small bump.

Satternuts should agree to a slight cut. (He won't but I can dream)

Top programs need a bonafide QB coach. If Sattershitface can't do it then bring someone in who can.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Seems like we could save some money by hiring someone different for ST then give the difference to White as a pay raise.

Give Knighton a small bump.

Satternuts should agree to a slight cut. (He won't but I can dream)

Top programs need a bonafide QB coach. If Sattershitface can't do it then bring someone in who can.
I never get why a head coach makes buddy hires if the coach has the resources to make big time coaching hires. Good coaches around you make your life easier as a head coach. Rhule had one from Frost’s prior staff served up to him in Busch but wouldn’t even give him the time of day.

Chi7397

Cornerback
Elite Member
I never get why a head coach makes buddy hires if the coach has the resources to make big time coaching hires. Good coaches around you make your life easier as a head coach. Rhule had one from Frost’s prior staff served up to him in Busch but wouldn’t even give him the time of day.

I don’t understand why Satterfield for example is a buddy hire - he was the Oc for a Power 5 program.

It’s a buddy hire in my mind when you’re recruiting out of a bank or a golf course, less so when you hire coaches you know - every coach hires people he knows and is familiar with - otherwise you end up with weird Bob Diaco dynamics.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don’t understand why Satterfield for example is a buddy hire - he was the Oc for a Power 5 program.

It’s a buddy hire in my mind when you’re recruiting out of a bank or a golf course, less so when you hire coaches you know - every coach hires people he knows and is familiar with - otherwise you end up with weird Bob Diaco dynamics.
Satterfield isn’t anywhere close to a top 10 OC and is getting paid like one. His offenses have never been any good at the power 5 level.

David Webb

JCTJB
Elite Member
Satterfield isn’t anywhere close to a top 10 OC and is getting paid like one. His offenses have never been any good at the power 5 level.
Why do we care how much an assistant makes when Nebraska can afford to pay them? The money in college football is stupid ridiculous right now. Either they can do their job well or they can’t.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Why do we care how much an assistant makes when Nebraska can afford to pay them? The money in college football is stupid ridiculous right now. Either they can do their job well or they can’t.
Are you of the opinion that Satt is doing his job well?

Herbie

Graduate Assistant
it’s not about caring about how much they make and if Nebraska can afford it.
It’s more about tracking negligence, it’s more than fair to be overly critical of how much he’s paying, results and coaches experience.
When you have the 2nd or 3rd highest assistant pool in the big 10, you better hire some damn good coaches. He did great on D. Offense has been a giant miss. And you can look to a large over payment to a career mid OC and underpaying every other posistion coach and hiring hardly anyone with any real power 5 position coach experience

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
it’s not about caring about how much they make and if Nebraska can afford it.
It’s more about tracking negligence, it’s more than fair to be overly critical of how much he’s paying, results and coaches experience.
When you have the 2nd or 3rd highest assistant pool in the big 10, you better hire some damn good coaches. He did great on D. Offense has been a giant miss. And you can look to a large over payment to a career mid OC and underpaying every other posistion coach and hiring hardly anyone with any real power 5 position coach experience
I think the defense is mostly about the DC. The rest are replaceable unless some of them end up being a super recruiter.

Herbie

Graduate Assistant
Dino babers getting shit canned today.

OC/TE - Casey Woods - 1.2 mil
RB/Run game coordinator - Dino Babers- 950k
WR - Mickey Joseph - 650k
OL - John Garrison - 600k
QB/pass game coordinator - Jake Peetz - 700k (rams suck and qbs suck, take advantage of the situation and give him a temp home)

Gets you right around 7 mil then tell Turd you need some more for defense to retain staff

Chi7397

Cornerback
Elite Member
Dino babers getting shit canned today.

OC/TE - Casey Woods - 1.2 mil
RB/Run game coordinator - Dino Babers- 950k
WR - Mickey Joseph - 650k
OL - John Garrison - 600k
QB/pass game coordinator - Jake Peetz - 700k (rams suck and qbs suck, take advantage of the situation and give him a temp home)

Gets you right around 7 mil then tell Turd you need some more for defense to retain staff

To be clear, you expect Dino Babers - head coach for the last decade - to take an assistant job where he’s not even the full coordinator?

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
He’s qualified to be Nebraska’s OC - it’s not a buddy hire.

He might suck, but that’s a different criticism.
As qualified as Cosgrove was. Both sucked at other power 5 jobs and both suck(ed) at Nebraska. Cosgrove was Billy C’s shitty buddy hire and I don’t see Satterfield being any different with Rhule.

Herbie

Graduate Assistant
He’s qualified to be Nebraska’s OC - it’s not a buddy hire.

He might suck, but that’s a different criticism.
2023 - 115th total O, 121st scoring O
2022 - 72nd total O, 38th scoring O
2021 - 110th total O, 104th scoring O
2015 - 96th total O, 100th scoring O
2014 - 120th total O, 100th scoring O
2013 - 75th total O, 89th scoring O

So tell me again, what makes him qualified?

his most redeeming quality is his brother

David Webb

JCTJB
Elite Member
Are you of the opinion that Satt is doing his job well?
I’m of the opinion that 90% of the major programs bitch about their coordinators and want them fired. Hell, Alabama fans wanted O’Brien out last year when they went 11-2. They scored 49 and 31 points in their two losses.

Do you I think he’s doing a great job, no. Do I think it’s difficult to judge his performance when he is working with the current QB situation, missing 3 wide receivers, 2 running backs and the mess of an o-line he inherited, yes.

He may end up being Cosgrove, but he could also end up being McBride. I think he deserves more than just this year to give us an idea.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
I’m of the opinion that 90% of the major programs bitch about their coordinators and want them fired. Hell, Alabama fans wanted O’Brien out last year when they went 11-2. They scored 49 and 31 points in their two losses.

Do you I think he’s doing a great job, no. Do I think it’s difficult to judge his performance when he is working with the current QB situation, missing 3 wide receivers, 2 running backs and the mess of an o-line he inherited, yes.

He may end up being Cosgrove, but he could also end up being McBride. I think he deserves more than just this year to give us an idea.
We're bottom of the FBS barrel on offense, so our complaints about Satt aren't similar to Alabama fans complaining about their OC.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds