Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Ashton Hayes decommits (1 Viewer)

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Saved By The Bell Shrug GIF by PeacockTV

Toe

Wide Receiver
The sad part is that he was NU's highest rated recruit...

Ordinarily, this would barely register. Funny thing is, none of the guys in this class are highly rated, so losing any one of them probably doesn't even hurt much. It's probably just gonna be one 3* guy replaced by another 3* guy.

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Ordinarily, this would barely register. Funny thing is, none of the guys in this class are highly rated, so losing any one of them probably doesn't even hurt much. It's probably just gonna be one 3* guy replaced by another 3* guy.
Yea, I don't care about losing him, I more so wonder how the hell he is the highest ranked dude we have, which means the class is generally shit.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Yea, I don't care about losing him, I more so wonder how the hell he is the highest ranked dude we have, which means the class is generally shit.
Hausmann is a 4* on ESPN I think. VJJ was also rated higher by most services, IIRC. Still a shit class though.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
What the fuck were they doing crooting wise this year?
I would have loved to have seen Mickey Joseph's response that first recruiting meeting he sat in on. Like what in the jumped-up, flying fuck were you guys doing the past 9 months!? Just sitting around waiting to be fired in Nov/Dec (which you should've absolutely been)?

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I would have loved to have seen Mickey Joseph's response that first recruiting meeting he sat in on. Like what in the jumped-up, flying fuck were you guys doing the past 9 months!? Just sitting around waiting to be fired in Nov/Dec (which you should've absolutely been)?
Bo didn't even phone it in this bad when he knew he was getting shit canned

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
I think

1. they realized that 2022 HS recruiting was fucked and as a result
2. they have spent most of their HS recruiting efforts on 2023
3. they were also operating under the assumption that most of our 2022 efforts would be through the portal
4. then Held was fired and Mickey was hired and things have changed a little

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think

1. they realized that 2022 HS recruiting was fucked and as a result
2. they have spent most of their HS recruiting efforts on 2023
3. they were also operating under the assumption that most of our 2022 efforts would be through the portal
4. then Held was fired and Mickey was hired and things have changed a little
I can understand them packing it in as they probably figured they would be fired after losing all 4 seasons. But the Transfer Portal opens up a world of opportunities to replenish a roster with holes. I wouldn't be offering any of the high school recruits that are a reach or "Diamond in the Rough". Instead would be concentrating on transfers that have a chance of seeing the field next season plus helping improve our W/L percentage. Michigan St totaled retooled their roster hitting the Portal. Frost needs Wins next season not a player that has 1 Power5 Offer. Time for him to stop being the Smartest Man in the Room all of the time. Odds are if you are the only Power5 program offering recruits that they might not have the highest chance of helping the team out, especially next season.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds