Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Anyone Else’s Wife a Stay At Home Mom? (1 Viewer)

Frankie51

Defensive Lineman
Yes, we love it. Of course, it means that we do not live in as nice of a house, have as fancy of vacations, etc., we would if we had two incomes. But having a well-managed home and having the ability to raise our own children from 8-5 M-F is worth it.
Wife stays at home and agree with what you said but I feel guilty if I leave the house for anything outside of working hours since she’s home all day during the week. Feel like going to the gym is over.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
We both work and here in Northern Virginia it’s pretty much a requirement given how expensive it is here.

@BorWhiskey can back me up on this one.

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
No, OP. Despite her annoying pleadings with me that it would be best for everyone, I demanded that she keep her job and get over it. I really don’t think that decision has had much negative impact on her or the dogs..

GAHusker

Cornerback
Wife stays at home and agree with what you said but I feel guilty if I leave the house for anything outside of working hours since she’s home all day during the week. Feel like going to the gym is over.
We tried this for a bit because of COVID (daycare was closed a lot) and moving (needed time to find a new daycare). In our experience, it didn’t go well and my wife is back at work. She really didn’t like it and missed the social interaction in a job. She also would immediately demand that I take over with the kids after I got off work, and I similarly felt the pressure to take any time for myself. There are some benefits, but I think my kids really get a lot out of going to school and interacting with others and following a set curriculum etc.

herbsinator

Running Back
Elite Member
No, but we have a nanny so the baby is home all day anyway. Wife is also 100% remote so she can still be around the kiddo during the day.

iruletheskool

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yes, we love it. Of course, it means that we do not live in as nice of a house, have as fancy of vacations, etc., we would if we had two incomes. But having a well-managed home and having the ability to raise our own children from 8-5 M-F is worth it.

This

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Lots of pros and cons, just be prepared to up your game to keep the share of parenting even close to 50/50. My wife puts in a ton of work all day long and understandably expects me to pick up the slack as soon as I get home, and then some.

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
We tried this for a bit because of COVID (daycare was closed a lot) and moving (needed time to find a new daycare). In our experience, it didn’t go well and my wife is back at work. She really didn’t like it and missed the social interaction in a job. She also would immediately demand that I take over with the kids after I got off work, and I similarly felt the pressure to take any time for myself. There are some benefits, but I think my kids really get a lot out of going to school and interacting with others and following a set curriculum etc.
Solid life skills..........two paychecks has worked out just fine for us. For many reasons.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
My wife stays at home. Like LNK said, it certainly comes with some sacrifices. But overall, it has worked well for us. We recently started homeschooling my oldest (6), so my wife has been spearheading that.

My wife and I have pretty open communication - if she feels overworked, she will talk to me. Likewise, if I need time to decompress after a long day, I let her know.

At the end of the day, I remind her that she has her childhood "dream job" and I'm not playing in the NFL, so she has no right to complain. 😁 😁 😁

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds