Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Anybody ever met a car salesman that wasnt a dumbfvck? (1 Viewer)

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
my god, i swear this profession leads the league in mouth breathing,how can someone devote their life to a passion of wasting 4 hours a day on one customer. most of them arent even allowed to make a deal, they just have to know what keys go with what car & be able to fetch coffee.
It’s always annoying that after doing two hours of internet research I seem to know more about the cars they sell than they do.

Last edited:

Black5hirt

Offensive Lineman
tPB OG
Keenan Bowery at Gregg Young. Great guy. Don't have anything negative to say about him.
Hey Jim, do remember right that you recently had problems with your Yukon? I was thinking about getting a sedan then fishing season rolled around and realized that would be a mistake. I’ll probably get a used Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon. Thoughts?

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’ll probably get a used Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon. Thoughts?

Minus the transmission issue I love it. Does a great job pulling the boat. Only thing I don't like is the 3rd row seating pretty much sucks. Suburban is a lot better in that regard but that's also a big jump in $ and other than the 3rd row its not much different.

Having said all that I like the Expedition too. When I was looking there were literally zero used expeditions in Omaha available. 2 days after I bought the Yukon the Ford guy called me with a really good deal. Had he called me before I bought the Yukon I'd have an expedition right now.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
It’s always annoying that after doing two hours of internet research I seem to know more about the cars they sell then they do.
My parents just bought a new car and that's what my dad said. He then said the guy offered to cut him a deal that meant giving up all of the other advertised deals to end up worse off.

Needless to say, a sale was lost that day

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
my god, i swear this profession leads the league in mouth breathing,how can someone devote their life to a passion of wasting 4 hours a day on one customer. most of them arent even allowed to make a deal, they just have to know what keys go with what car & be able to fetch coffee.
Yes but they own their dealerships. They love the art of making a deal. At this point it’s not even about the money.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG

“sounds like a lot of work.” — politician

Adolph Coors

Fat
Elite Member
It’s always annoying that after doing two hours of internet research I seem to know more about the cars they sell then they do.
ask a question about a vehicle* oh i was just about to get to that let me pull it up on our website.

hey dumb fuck i didnt come drive this vehicle so you could read the internet off your phone.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
ask a question about a vehicle* oh i was just about to get to that let me pull it up on our website.

hey dumb fuck i didnt come drive this vehicle so you could read the internet off your phone.

I hate when this happens at a Hardware Store

PRqFIt5.gif

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Can't remember his name but actually the guy I bought my Cummins from at Gretna Auto Outlet was super cool and helpful. Somewhat of a planned impulse buy but he let me take it for a test drive back home to get the ok from the wife before pulling the trigger, then drove her back to the dealership in it. Paperwork and financing were easy and about an hour later I traded in my Super Duty with blown head gaskets for a 5.9 Cummins.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds