Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

And so it begins...(tracking Coach Prime decommits/transfers) (11 Viewers)

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
I agree 100%

My only guess is that they can put on a show when you arrive in Boulder. It's a beautiful setting. You meet Shedeur, Warren Sapp. They give you the "you want to play for someone who look like you" speech. Throw a little bit of NIL $$ and I think there are enough naieve 19-20 yr olds that will fall for that.

But funnily enough everyone who's been there a year sees right through it. Hell they're getting guys who've only been there 3.5 months and they want out LOL
I wonder if it's NIL that is the problem. No secret that CU doesn't have the resources to compete nationally right now in football, and the transfer portal game is no. 1 a contest of who has the biggest bag. If USC is having issues making sure its collectives actually pay guys, I wouldn't be surprised if there are some missing/bounced checks. The whole "Deion is pushing guys out" narrative doesn't really make sense when they are well under the scholarship limit and could add 15+ guys as things stand.

Deion's strategy would work at a place like Auburn where you have a good talent pipeline and can pony up to get top talent in the portal. I think you need a Leipold type to really succeed in Boulder.

Steveweiser316

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I wonder if it's NIL that is the problem. No secret that CU doesn't have the resources to compete nationally right now in football, and the transfer portal game is no. 1 a contest of who has the biggest bag. If USC is having issues making sure its collectives actually pay guys, I wouldn't be surprised if there are some missing/bounced checks. The whole "Deion is pushing guys out" narrative doesn't really make sense when they are well under the scholarship limit and could add 15+ guys as things stand.

Deion's strategy would work at a place like Auburn where you have a good talent pipeline and can pony up to get top talent in the portal. I think you need a Leipold type to really succeed in Boulder.
Agreed. I’d Deion leaves after this year and S. Lewis has a decent year at SDSU I wonder if they would go after him

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG

I wonder if those $$ men at CU are wising up to the fact that Deion is gone on 1/1/25. Deion's basically telegraphing his intention to leave after this year (he doesn't say it, but his actions do).

If I was a money man at CU I wouldn't want to pay for players in this situation. It's all gonna get torn down on 1/1/25 anyway and they'll need more $$$ to rebuild. Might as well save it this fall and hope Deion's skill guys eke out a 6-6 and a bowl game. Then you rebuild after everyone leaves.

Steveweiser316

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I wonder if those $$ men at CU are wising up to the fact that Deion is gone on 1/1/25. Deion's basically telegraphing his intention to leave after this year (he doesn't say it, but his actions do).

If I was a money man at CU I wouldn't want to pay for players in this situation. It's all gonna get torn down on 1/1/25 anyway and they'll need more $$$ to rebuild. Might as well save it this fall and hope Deion's skill guys eke out a 6-6 and a bowl game. Then you rebuild after everyone leaves.
CU fans aren’t smart enough to think like that

Last edited:

JankTheTank

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Agreed. I’d Deion leaves after this year and S. Lewis has a decent year at SDSU I wonder if they would go after him

Honestly, would Lewis take it? I doubt he has too fond of memories of his less than one year in Boulder with how Sanders demoted him. I feel like he maybe jumped from Kent State HC to Colorado OC with an idea that perhaps he could be some unofficial head coach in waiting if things played out right. But the writing is on the wall that whoever takes that job after Sanders is inheriting a program that will have effectively inflected a self imposed death penalty on itself.

Lewis could bet on himself to string together some solid seasons at SDSU for a few years and likely jump to something with better stability than what Colorado's Chernobyl-esque foundation will be presenting.

Steveweiser316

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Honestly, would Lewis take it? I doubt he has too fond of memories of his less than one year in Boulder with how Sanders demoted him. I feel like he maybe jumped from Kent State HC to Colorado OC with an idea that perhaps he could be some unofficial head coach in waiting if things played out right. But the writing is on the wall that whoever takes that job after Sanders is inheriting a program that will have effectively inflected a self imposed death penalty on itself.

Lewis could bet on himself to string together some solid seasons at SDSU for a few years and likely jump to something with better stability than what Colorado's Chernobyl-esque foundation will be presenting.
I wouldn’t want Rick George as my boss. I don’t know why he wasn’t fired before Deion was hired. The dude hired Karl Dorrell

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

mad adam devine GIF

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Honestly, would Lewis take it? I doubt he has too fond of memories of his less than one year in Boulder
He most definitely does not. Prime runs a carnival, not a football program. Lewis was demoted, and not even allowed to have any input during meetings, practices, or games. Then the CU offense got worse, not better. Being the egomaniac that he is, Prime got pissed when he heard Lewis was being interviewed for HC positions. The guy is a world-renown narcissist.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds