Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

All Nebraska H.S. Football State Championship Scores (2 Viewers)

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
So the only close championship game (or at least the closest) was the 6-man game? How often had that happened?

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
No it wasn’t
looked like a squib kick gone wrong and Westside boys capitalized. Elk South just wasn't in it anymore at that point and with a running clock I think Westside could have just taken a knee or ran a freshman every down...hell they could've gotten some kid from the stands to put a uniform on and ran the ball.

skerfan

Cornerback
Elite Member
I was out of the room when it happened and the announcers made it sound like it was an onside kick. I assumed it was.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
looked like a squib kick gone wrong and Westside boys capitalized. Elk South just wasn't in it anymore at that point and with a running clock I think Westside could have just taken a knee or ran a freshman every down...hell they could've gotten some kid from the stands to put a uniform on and ran the ball.
Why would you squib kick it at that point? It makes no sense. It was an onside kick 100%

skerfan

Cornerback
Elite Member
Whether it was or wasn't a onside kick you don't leave your starters in with 7 minutes left and do a 5 play drive with every single play called a pass to a D1 scholarship football player. At some point you need to show a little class. In college football I believe that it is on the other team to defend themselves, this is different. These are 16-17 year old kids you are playing against and the kids on your sideline that are the future of your program were in the weight room all summer at 6AM also. Everyone already knows your program is the best in the state by a large margin, you dont need to spend the 4th quarter of the state championship game reminding everyone.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
Whether it was or wasn't an onside kick you don't leave your starters in with 7 minutes left and do a 5 play drive with every single play called a pass to a D1 scholarship football player. At some point you need to show a little class. In college football I believe that it is on the other team to defend themselves, this is different. These are 16-17 year old kids you are playing against and the kids on your sideline that are the future of your program were in the weight room all summer at 6AM also. Everyone already knows your program is the best in the state by a large margin, you dont need to spend the 4th quarter of the state championship game reminding everyone.
Their coach is clearly trash

bbenson67

Cornerback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Whenever I come back to NE, Omaha is a completely different place than the one I knew growing up. 144th and Dodge was like the vast expanse of western territory to me.

Gretna, Bennington were quaint towns but manifest destiny pushed all the people out there to new developments.
So true. I went to Benson 63-67 and the only thing I knew about Millard was the Sapp Bros. Coffee Pot off I-80. Boys Town was like the edge of the known world on W. Dodge St.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds