Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

All Nebraska H.S. Football State Championship Scores (1 Viewer)

Alum-Ni

Quarterback
Stats Guy
STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES

CLASS D6 (Friday)

Sumner-Eddyville-Miller 21, Hay Springs 20

=============================

CLASS D2
Sandhills/Thedford 50, Wynot 12

CLASS D1
Stanton 42, Exeter-Milligan/Friend 36

CLASS B
Bennington 21, Omaha Skutt 0

=============================

CLASS C1
Boone Central 12, Wahoo 0

CLASS C2
Norfolk Catholic 41, Ord 3

CLASS A
Omaha Westside 56, Elkhorn South 0

Last edited:

Alum-Ni

Quarterback
Stats Guy
Sandhills/Thedford quarterback Kyle Cox carried the ball 65 times in the D2 state championship game, an all-class state record, for 486 rushing yards, the most rushing yards in a state championship game in any class in history.

Cox carried the ball on all but five plays in the 50-12 win over Wynot.

Cox ends the season with 2,900 rushing yards.

Papa...Football

3rd Gen Teller of Bad Dad Jokes
Elite Member
Sandhills/Thedford quarterback Kyle Cox carried the ball 65 times in the D2 state championship game, an all-class state record, for 486 rushing yards, the most rushing yards in a state championship game in any class in history.

Holy shit, what a performance/season!
Having said that…ball hog (presumably, as I know squat about this team and game)

HuskerDocCo

100 & havin fun GBR !!
tPB OG

at least Send him an walk on offer. Can’t let these 5’10” neck rolls not have an opportunity. I once had opportunities, mostly AI’ing on the farm

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
How/When did Bennington become so dominant?
We grew exponentially. When we first moved to our acreage (rural living, but within the Bennington School District), the graduating class was ... 43. We're well on our way to Class A after next year, and depending upon the passage of yet another motherfucking bond issue next spring, we will be building another High School ... which will split our schools at take us back down to Class B again (the Gretna model).

If you drive out this way, every section of farmland is being turned into housing (which makes me @sad). I have to give credit to our recently retired Superintendent of Schools, Terry Hauck, for turning around the test scores in the District and making it a desirable destination for families who want decent public schools. That's a huge factor driving the growth out this way.

Also - and I say this with a TON of respect and admiration for the man - our previous coach (Greg Bohn) ran a very basic offense. When "Joe Fan" (looking at me, not a football savvy guy like @slattimer) can sit in the stands and call the plays in advance based on formation, shifts, etc., then the opposing corches were able to do so as well. The new corching staff is doing a nice job and they seem to be very well prepared for game situations.

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
We grew exponentially. When we first moved to our acreage (rural living, but within the Bennington School District), the graduating class was ... 43. We're well on our way to Class A after next year, and depending upon the passage of yet another motherfucking bond issue next spring, we will be building another High School ... which will split our schools at take us back down to Class B again (the Gretna model).

If you drive out this way, every section of farmland is being turned into housing (which makes me @sad). I have to give credit to our recently retired Superintendent of Schools, Terry Hauck, for turning around the test scores in the District and making it a desirable destination for families who want decent public schools. That's a huge factor driving the growth out this way.

Also - and I say this with a TON of respect and admiration for the man - our previous coach (Greg Bohn) ran a very basic offense. When "Joe Fan" (looking at me, not a football savvy guy like @slattimer) can sit in the stands and call the plays in advance based on formation, shifts, etc., then the opposing corches were able to do so as well. The new corching staff is doing a nice job and they seem to be very well prepared for game situations.
Yeah I knew there was pretty wild growth over there but when I graduated skutt had a stranglehold on Class B. Bennington was good but pretty unremarkable looking at them from a Class A

Congrats to you guys

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yutans growing too. I know a lot of elkhorn families who have moved that way in the last 5-10 years
They'll be soon after Waterloo/Valley. Yutan getting the kids Bennington got at the beginning.

Lot of old school Yutanians in Yutan still. My wife is still related to 30% of the town. 30 years ago it was about 75%.

doublewing

Running Back
Bennington now Elkhorn. Elkhorn is now Millard.

Waterloo/Valley will become the new Bennington in 5-10 years.
Whenever I come back to NE, Omaha is a completely different place than the one I knew growing up. 144th and Dodge was like the vast expanse of western territory to me.

Gretna, Bennington were quaint towns but manifest destiny pushed all the people out there to new developments.

Boondock_St_Sker

That Dude
Elite Member
Vrzal is a fuck bag…”Omaha decided to have open enrollment and kids decided that Westside is the place to be so all the other schools now have to catch up or get lost behind” while Omaha did fuck themselves with that, for him to say it like that is just douchery to the highest level imho.

Dr.DrakeRamoray

Wide Receiver
Insider
tPB OG
Vrzal is a fuck bag…”Omaha decided to have open enrollment and kids decided that Westside is the place to be so all the other schools now have to catch up or get lost behind” while Omaha did fuck themselves with that, for him to say it like that is just douchery to the highest level imho.
Recruiting is the Wild West in Omaha, west sides done it better than anyone

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds