Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Alberts: "I like people who work hard. I have no hobbies. It's my family and work. That's all I do." (Hmmmm) (1 Viewer)

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
He has some really good attributes too - but having a boss who can help you mitigate what you don't do well is huge in any field or business. I have spent the last half of my career helping others find how they can make themselves the best version of themselves. It's been my experience that if you can help people become their best version of who they can be, and you get people working together in alignment, crazy cool things can be accomplished. And if you refuse to take the credit for the accomplishments of your team (reflect it back only on them), they will go through a wall for you.

I hope Turd is that type of leader, we haven't had that for two decade in the AD...
How can you improve Frost’s coaching ability? He gets outcoached most weekends in the BIG. It’s evident Milton made Frost a lot of money. If he has an average qb at UCF Frost is never sought after. His record would have been average. I’ll give him credit for getting Milton.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I can only speak to the Oregon situation bc I live out here and know the program fairly well. Bellotti ran the program very similar to Ferentz. Just really really stable. Not flashy. Oregon has the rep of being flashy but Bellotti was the opposite of that. No drama. Very detail oriented. Frost was so young and new then he probably didn't realize what all went into that. That set the table for Chip Kelly to go in and do what he did.

I'd love to know what it was like at UCF but I have no idea. My gut tells me that it was more if a talent thing/Miton thing that allowed UCF to dominate in that weak setting. And papered over Frost's inefficiencies as a CEO.

I'll put it to the to you this way if Nebraska was in a lesser conference, Frost probably wins like 6-7 more games out of those 14 one score losses he's had. Meaning I just think the quality of the B1G and the stable programs here have exacerbated the lack of CEO skills Frost has. And Moos being weak didn't help either. And probably lack of people that want to keep SF in check since he's a golden boy here. It's really been the worst of all possible combinations for Scott.
Kinda funny and slightly ironic how even after all these years of Jimmy Johnson saying it that Jimmy’s and Joes still mean more than Xs and Os. There’s also that idea that talent makes coaches look better than they maybe are.

Full disclosure, I don’t think Frost is a bad coach and I don’t think he’s clueless. I think that he’s had too much success seeing a certain way of doing things as a coach that he can’t fathom to adjust too much away from it, and that ultimately might be his downfall here. Failure to make major adjustments.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
You would be surprised how quick you fix things with alignment. I've done a number of 'turnarounds' in business, usually when the company is out of cash and nearly dead, alignment allows for things to be built pretty speedily as well as sturdy. We will see.
Yeah I can see that. Certainly think that’s important. I think I can assume there’s been an AD failure around Frost too with not everyone being in sync?

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
He has some really good attributes too - but having a boss who can help you mitigate what you don't do well is huge in any field or business. I have spent the last half of my career helping others find how they can make themselves the best version of themselves. It's been my experience that if you can help people become their best version of who they can be, and you get people working together in alignment, crazy cool things can be accomplished. And if you refuse to take the credit for the accomplishments of your team (reflect it back only on them), they will go through a wall for you.

I hope Turd is that type of leader, we haven't had that for two decade in the AD...
Here’s my question, and I’m going to assume the Frost rumors are true, don’t know if they are or not obviously, but let’s say that they are. If Turd was willing to give Frost more leash, say another year or two, on the agreement that Frost essentially stops the shenanigans, humbled up, took shit more serious, and Turd took care of things on the AD end, do we think Frost would get in line with that?

MrKnightedHusker

Linebacker
Elite Member
Here’s my question, and I’m going to assume the Frost rumors are true, don’t know if they are or not obviously, but let’s say that they are. If Turd was willing to give Frost more leash, say another year or two, on the agreement that Frost essentially stops the shenanigans, humbled up, took shit more serious, and Turd took care of things on the AD end, do we think Frost would get in line with that?
I would never assume any rumor is true. If you ever get the chance to read Harold Geneen's book, 'Managing,' you might enjoy pages 98-102 (paperback edition) where they describe what a fact is and how we only use facts to make decisions. I made it required reading for every team member I have worked with in the past two decades.

But I agree with your thought that Turd and Scott might be able to turn this Titanic-like crap right side up. Might.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Kinda funny and slightly ironic how even after all these years of Jimmy Johnson saying it that Jimmy’s and Joes still mean more than Xs and Os. There’s also that idea that talent makes coaches look better than they maybe are.

Full disclosure, I don’t think Frost is a bad coach and I don’t think he’s clueless. I think that he’s had too much success seeing a certain way of doing things as a coach that he can’t fathom to adjust too much away from it, and that ultimately might be his downfall here. Failure to make major adjustments.
Well the other thing is that if Frost had even just a slightly better QB who made, say, 3 better decisions/game more than Adrian.... Frost probably has closer to a 20-12 record here and we're not even having this conversation. That's how close his margin for error has been. It's not like he's getting blowout losses every week. It's mostly come down to like 3 bad plays a game and they get the L.

We're doing all of this forensic analysis bc Frost has lost all these games. When you lose, you get put under a microscope. In reality he's probably not that bad of a coach but this is where he's at. It's a bottom line business.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Well the other thing is that if Frost had even just a slightly better QB who made, say, 3 better decisions/game more than Adrian.... Frost probably has closer to a 20-12 record here and we're not even having this conversation. That's how close his margin for error has been. It's not like he's getting blowout losses every week. It's mostly come down to like 3 bad plays a game and they get the L.

We're doing all of this forensic analysis bc Frost has lost all these games. When you lose, you get put under a microscope. In reality he's probably not that bad of a coach but this is where he's at. It's a bottom line business.
Yep. And it’s ever so slight too. It Adrian was a tad more accurate, or a tad quicker decisions, or a tad lighter in 2019. It’s literally a big mistake or two by someone in the losses the last 3 years, that’s it. 1 or 2 mistakes. Amazing

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I would never assume any rumor is true. If you ever get the chance to read Harold Geneen's book, 'Managing,' you might enjoy pages 98-102 (paperback edition) where they describe what a fact is and how we only use facts to make decisions. I made it required reading for every team member I have worked with in the past two decades.

But I agree with your thought that Turd and Scott might be able to turn this Titanic-like crap right side up. Might.
Right, just for conversation purposes I mean. I’ll keep that book in mind, thank you. I can see both results with Frost and Turd. Now that we’ve actually seen games, I don’t see 8 wins anymore like I initially thought. I can argue maybe 6 given we win on Saturday. Admittedly though, like I said earlier, we lose on Saturday and I’m good with pulling the plug.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
I can only speak to the Oregon situation bc I live out here and know the program fairly well.

SPY!

_DmwXcITKOZN6zEvGbYyvtZphEgapAgVX9F47nNHne2uBE1XHHR7ybLB1R-iSpYz3rZ6bcJfDmgF74eMJMRDdkvYmAw5kT8XlJQ5ghYiXbM0za5scYem1LQ4ZSRk8j9fbf4u-D5h2OT0Vrydu3yrbjr1ZhlqpebcXdgRUP_nlWMpmP4QDFtyhrirkMOPKx4c18eXXowEim46O4gSPF0ouvI

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah I can see that. Certainly think that’s important. I think I can assume there’s been an AD failure around Frost too with not everyone being in sync?
Even if there is was an AD failure, it’s a joke Frost can’t make a bowl game. I’m not buying into the fact the AD has much to do with Frost being a horrible power 5 coach. I would say there was bigger AD issues with coaches like Frank and Bo and they somehow won games.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Right, just for conversation purposes I mean. I’ll keep that book in mind, thank you. I can see both results with Frost and Turd. Now that we’ve actually seen games, I don’t see 8 wins anymore like I initially thought. I can argue maybe 6 given we win on Saturday. Admittedly though, like I said earlier, we lose on Saturday and I’m good with pulling the plug.
How do you see 6 if we win on Saturday? Best case I see is 5 wins with the offense we keep running out on the field. 3-4 wins is more likely.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Even if there is was an AD failure, it’s a joke Frost can’t make a bowl game. I’m not buying into the fact the AD has much to do with Frost being a horrible power 5 coach. I would say there was bigger AD issues with coaches like Frank and Bo and they somehow won games.
BTW I agree with this. A good HC doesn't need the AD to create a structured, stable football dept. 95% of Frost's problems are a result of his own doing. It's not Moos's fault.

It sounds to me like everyone has recognized that Frost is weak at the "details" and we need the AD to step in a create structure for him. It's not a good look for Frost IMO.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
How do you see 6 if we win on Saturday? Best case I see is 5 wins with the offense we keep running out on the field. 3-4 wins is more likely.
If we win tomorrow it will be a rare two-game streak for momentum which can be good for our notoriously weak-minded teams, but obviously OU will destroy us right after that so it's hard to know what the mindset will be at that point. But if they get their heads on straight, I still see any of these games as essentially 50/50 matchups:

MSU
NW
Minn
Purdue

Those alone would get us to six wins, but depending on how things shake out we could steal a surprise or two along the way as well. Of course there's an equal chance we go 0-4 in those games as well because it's impossible to predict what our team/coaches will do on any given game day.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
If we win tomorrow it will be a rare two-game streak for momentum which can be good for our notoriously weak-minded teams, but obviously OU will destroy us right after that so it's hard to know what the mindset will be at that point. But if they get their heads on straight, I still see any of these games as essentially 50/50 matchups:

MSU
NW
Minn
Purdue

Those alone would get us to six wins, but depending on how things shake out we could steal a surprise or two along the way as well. Of course there's an equal chance we go 0-4 in those games as well because it's impossible to predict what our team/coaches will do on any given game day.
I don’t see us playing with Minnesota. I also think we get beat by MSU, but I see it as more winnable. NW and Purdue or toss ups we might not even win.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I don’t see us playing with Minnesota. I also think we get beat by MSU, but I see it as more winnable. NW and Purdue or toss ups we might not even win.
Can't argue with any of that, my hopes right now are that the season is a crapshoot instead of a spiral haha

MrKnightedHusker

Linebacker
Elite Member
I think it’s a big factor - but not the only factor. And like most people in most jobs, even if your boss sucks (or isn’t particularly good at their gig), you are still eventually responsible for the results.

22*43*51

Punter Fluffer
Elite Member
Cockeye
If you’re not watching Coastal Carolina beat up on Kansas you’re missing out.

That is yore new Corch!

Bring their fans too.(ESPN just showed a shirtless, odd numbered chromosome’d individual, giving double birds)

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds