Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Alberts vetoed Keyontae Johnson & other musings (1 Viewer)

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
One of Turd's biggest fuck ups at UNL was when he vetoed bringing Keyontae Johnson here from Florida). Hoiberg wanted him. Johnson had picked Nebraska as his destination. Alberts & supposedly our medical team vetoed it, saying he was not medically cleared.

When you view it through today's prism, it makes sense: Turd is 100% about image and he was 100% about positioning himself for the next job hop. Turd can't have a guy dying on the court (that would be stuck on AD's resume)...even if the chance was only like 3%. Turd obviously wouldn't take that risk bc he doesn't care about the upside. He only cares about keeping his image clean.

A more committed NU AD would have probably allowed Hoiberg to make that signing. Hell, KSU had no problem doing it. And the dude is in the NBA/G-League now (he didn't die on the court). An actual NU AD might be like "this guy is worth the risk." But for Turd, no.

It makes you wonder how many of these decisions did Turd NOT make bc he was only worried about his resume. Good riddance to Turd Snake Alberts.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Obviously, I see where Turd came from, but he should have only advised of that possibility to Hoiberg. Should have been Hoiberg's decision at the very end.
Also though....when you add that with the fact that Turd led the suspensions of Derrick Walker for weed and Juwan Gary for weed. When the NCAA itself is considering dropping testing for weed altogether.

Why is Turd making all these hard line decisions RE: the basketball team? Turd makes decisions based 100% on how they'll help or hurt his image. He's not thinking about the program. He wanted his resume as squeaky clean as possible so he could get that next job.

If you had a real AD here maybe they look at each decision from the standpoint of the program first, not what it will look like on the AD'S resume. That's my point.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
The autocorect of Turd to Turd ranks right up there with Labia for me.
I agree. It's the tops

Burt Reynolds Bump GIF

Burt Reynolds Turd Ferguson GIF

EwokRhuler

Cornerback
Also though....when you add that with the fact that Turd led the suspensions of Derrick Walker for weed and Juwan Gary for weed. When the NCAA itself is considering dropping testing for weed altogether.

Why is Turd making all these hard line decisions RE: the basketball team? Turd makes decisions based 100% on how they'll help or hurt his image. He's not thinking about the program. He wanted his resume as squeaky clean as possible so he could get that next job.

If you had a real AD here maybe they look at each decision from the standpoint of the program first, not what it will look like on the AD'S resume. That's my point.
I hope the A&M oil money buttfucks his clean image.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

Sounds to me like Turd has a type. And that type is on the lesser side of the melanin scales.

Print it in College Station's local paper "Turd ALBERTS HATES THE BLACK COMMUNITY: Limits opportunities for generational wealth whenever he can"

CybrrMonky71

FukUJarvisRedwine
Elite Member
Fred is the happiest guy in the AD Turd is gone. He had nothing in the works to get Fred his $ back or extend him either
Turd supposedly left bc of those above him muddling his vision up but Turd muddles up the vision of his coaches by injecting himself into decisions
I hope he gets syphilis from one of those ghay yell cadets

ShortSideOption

Linebacker
Insider
To give more light on this and why Hoiberg really isn't a fan...

Keyontae was absolutely cleared which is why Fred spent so much time recruiting him here, and he chose Nebraska. Turd bypassed the "normal" doctors we use and the one that cleared Keyontae and had him go to a doc at UNMC that gave the answer he wanted.

I've said this before, but an athletic director should give coaches everything they need to be successful. Let the coach have what he needs and if he still doesn't succeed, that's when you look elsewhere. Turd doing this is the exact opposite of that.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member

Keyontae was absolutely cleared which is why Fred spent so much time recruiting him here, and he chose Nebraska. Turd bypassed the "normal" doctors we use and the one that cleared Keyontae and had him go to a doc at UNMC that gave the answer he wanted.

I've said this before, but an athletic director should give coaches everything they need to be successful. Let the coach have what he needs and if he still doesn't succeed, that's when you look elsewhere. Turd doing this is the exact opposite of that.
Speaking of UNMC, I've heard directly opposing reports on the chancellor there (Jeffrey Gold), who's one of the candidates for Nebraska president that the BoR is deadlocked on. Mike'l Severe said Turd wanted Gold, I've seen at least 2 other people say Turd had a personal beef with Gold dating back to the UNO days and didn't want him. Do you know which way is accurate?

SOHusker11

Cornerback
Elite Member
Fred is the happiest guy in the AD Turd is gone. He had nothing in the works to get Fred his $ back or extend him either
Turd supposedly left bc of those above him muddling his vision up but Turd muddles up the vision of his coaches by injecting himself into decisions
I hope he gets syphilis from one of those ghay yell cadets
I don't think Bolt is a Turd fan either.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG

Thank you for this, SSO.

And again, it makes sense when you realize that Turd didn't care about results of his teams - or more directly, he cared about his image first, and on-field success second.

ShortSideOption

Linebacker
Insider
Thank you for this, SSO.

And again, it makes sense when you realize that Turd didn't care about results of his teams - or more directly, he cared about his image first, and on-field success second.
I was really really frustrated with Turd leaving. I forgot about this Keyontae thing until someone brought it up to me tonight, start to sprinkle in some of peoples feelings about how things went at UNO, talk about just sending an email to people he's leaving to A&M. There's issues there.

I think Turd did a lot of good. But I think other people can do just as well here. As long as this new AD doesn't come in and just have his own vision and start alienating people like Hoiberg, Rhule, Bolt and others, I think we will be fine.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
I was really really frustrated with Turd leaving. I forgot about this Keyontae thing until someone brought it up to me tonight, start to sprinkle in some of peoples feelings about how things went at UNO, talk about just sending an email to people he's leaving to A&M. There's issues there.

I think Turd did a lot of good. But I think other people can do just as well here. As long as this new AD doesn't come in and just have his own vision and start alienating people like Hoiberg, Rhule, Bolt and others, I think we will be fine.
Appreciate sharing your thoughts and observations.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds