Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Absolutely Moronic Thought of the Day: Raiola for Heisman? (1 Viewer)

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
As you all well know, I am extremely pessimistic and I don't really believe any of this at all, but a moronic thought I had after reading posts about our schedule, what if Nebraska starts hot and drops an absolute deuce on Colorado with Raiola out dueling EA Sports top rated QB in what will likely be one of the most watched games of that weekend? Does something like coming out on the national stage in that game and running out to a 5,6,7-0 start get him into the conversation in a meaningful way?

To be clear, Raiola may not be good, we will probably shit out pants as we regularly do with "easy" schedules, and even if we don't we may not win enough games. This isn't a shot call, but is there a path that is even 5% realistic?
I had to listen to Zac Smith’s podcast last week titled week 9 matchup. Vs. Raiola. Smith and his sidekick thought Nebraska could go 7-0 into that game and they thought Nebraska would end 9-3 to 11-1 with the schedule. I was shocked, but Smith is a huge Rhule fan. Their assumption was also based off Raiola living up to the hype of course because they think we we have some talent around him.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
There was talk about AMart at one time.

and TMart at one time

Yes, if TMart can be in the converstation halfway through his freshman season, then Raiola can be. TMart had us 5-0 and ranked No. 5 after doing this to Kansas State in front of a captive Thursday night national TV audience:

(Not to be a downer, but the next week was the infamous Redout Around the World game against Texas).

Adrian, as far as I recall, was never in the Heisman discussion his freshman year. If you will recall, we started 0-6 that season. That kills any campain before it starts. I do remember 2AM being mentioned in the Heisman discussion going into his sophomore year. But not during his freshman season.

Last edited:

SoCal_Corn

Wide Receiver
Yes, if TMart can be in the converstation halfway through his freshman season, than Raiola can be. TMart had us 5-0 and ranked No. 5 after doing this to Kansas State on in front of a captive Thursday night national TV audience:

(Not to be a downer, but the next week was the infamous Redout Around the World game against Texas).

Adrian, as far as I recall, was never in the Heisman discussion his freshman year. If you will recall, we started 0-6 that season. That kills any campain before it starts. I do remember 2AM being mentioned in the Heisman discussion going into his sophomore year. But not during his freshman season.

Such a fun game. the 2nd and 3rd TD vs KSUcks were amazing. So fast he just splits 4 guys on the 2nd one and probably 6 on the 3rd. So fast.

SOHusker11

Safety
Elite Member
Yes, if TMart can be in the converstation halfway through his freshman season, than Raiola can be. TMart had us 5-0 and ranked No. 5 after doing this to Kansas State on in front of a captive Thursday night national TV audience:

Yes it was going into AM's soph season after being named a Frosh AA. Something DR certainly can attain.

iruletheskool

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yes, if TMart can be in the converstation halfway through his freshman season, then Raiola can be. TMart had us 5-0 and ranked No. 5 after doing this to Kansas State in front of a captive Thursday night national TV audience:

As frustrating as it was at times, I have a lot of hindsight resepct for T-Magic

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
As you all well know, I am extremely pessimistic and I don't really believe any of this at all, but a moronic thought I had after reading posts about our schedule, what if Nebraska starts hot and drops an absolute deuce on Colorado with Raiola out dueling EA Sports top rated QB in what will likely be one of the most watched games of that weekend? Does something like coming out on the national stage in that game and running out to a 5,6,7-0 start get him into the conversation in a meaningful way?

To be clear, Raiola may not be good, we will probably shit out pants as we regularly do with "easy" schedules, and even if we don't we may not win enough games. This isn't a shot call, but is there a path that is even 5% realistic?
Here's my comment to this:

Dylan Raiola has more of a chance at the Heisman this year than Adrian Martinez had in 2019. But Adrian's chances were 0.00%.

SoCal_Corn

Wide Receiver
Let’s look at it through the scope of betting.

I believe I saw him at +12,000 a week or two ago.

Would you feel good throwing down $500 on that? If he doesn’t win, you lose $500. If he wins, you take home $60,000.

Heading to Council Bluffs real quick, brb.

Calculating Oh No GIF by MOODMAN

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

Would you feel good throwing down $500 on that? If he doesn’t win, you lose $500. If he wins, you take home $60,000.

You forgot the . after the 5.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG

Gotta spend money to make money

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
Addressing a few things:

1. Dylan and the Heisman. He's got another thing working against him beyond what I've read (which certainly isn't word for word everything in this thread). Winning the Heisman is about the show you can put on. This offense won't display the QB in that manner. At least I don't believe we can pivot from what we had last year to this year and it suddenly having a big time passing attack. Nor do I think our WRs are good enough to add to that show. We're adequate at WR, not dynamic.

2. That KSU game. I was at the local wing joint here in Arlington. Only Husker fan in the bar. No KSU fans at all. So happy scarfing down wings and cheering. And I was flying back to Nebraska to watch us beat Texas (finally) the next week. Whomp whomp. That Texas game sucked so much. Haven't been back to Lincoln since.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds