Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Absolutely Moronic Thought of the Day: Raiola for Heisman? (2 Viewers)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
As you all well know, I am extremely pessimistic and I don't really believe any of this at all, but a moronic thought I had after reading posts about our schedule, what if Nebraska starts hot and drops an absolute deuce on Colorado with Raiola out dueling EA Sports top rated QB in what will likely be one of the most watched games of that weekend? Does something like coming out on the national stage in that game and running out to a 5,6,7-0 start get him into the conversation in a meaningful way?

To be clear, Raiola may not be good, we will probably shit out pants as we regularly do with "easy" schedules, and even if we don't we may not win enough games. This isn't a shot call, but is there a path that is even 5% realistic?

Last edited:

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
When Colorado beat us back in 2001, it set us down the course we are currently on. That was the start of the curse.

Beating Colorado by 50 this year will reverse the curse. We will start 7-0 and finish 10-2 or 11-1 and go to the CFB Playoff.

DR will be a Heisman contender see and will be a 95+ overall rating in NCAA 26.

You know this to be true in your heart.

DrumMonkeyRobot

Cornerback
Elite Member
As you all well know, I am extremely pessimistic and I don't really believe any of this at all, but a moronic thought I had after reading posts about our schedule, what if Nebraska starts hot and drops an absolute deuce on Colorado with Raiola out dueling EA Sports top rated QB in what will likely be one of the most watched games of that weekend? Does something like coming out on the national stage in that game and running out to a 5,6,7-0 start get him into the conversation in a meaningful way?

To be clear, Raiola may not be good, we will probably shit out pants as we regularly do with "easy" schedules, and even if we don't we may not win enough games. This isn't a shot call, but is there a path that is even 5% realistic?
YARN | What a maroon. | Looney Tunes Golden Collection ...

whoboppin

Linebacker
#1 - I dont think Raiola is going to win the Heisman, nor be in the conversation.

#2 - With that said, say he kills it and Nebraska start 7-0 I could see some buzz. Nebraska has been down so long, that I think the feel good story could prop him up even more. He would need a marquee win though. Nebraska cant go 7-0 then like 1-4 down the stretch. They would have to go like 10-2 with a win over OSU or USC

#3 - This is again is a ridiculous discussion. I think at best, he sets himself up to be in the discussion for 2025.

SlumpBuster

Cornerback
Elite Member
The only way someone actually has a legit chance as a freshman is to be a Manziel type that makes ridiculous plays with his legs as well as his arm. That isn't DR.

So I'd put his chances at a frosh Heisman at .01%, even if we start 7-0.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
Path for a QB is 10 team wins minimum and having stats like 65%+ completion percentage, 3500 yards, 30+ tuddies, and at least one big-time victory.

Playing well as we get to a 7-0 start going into what would be a game of the week against OSU would definitely start some talking heads chattering. Winning the thing over a stable of established QBs in other national power teams who are on teams with styles more likely to put up video game stats... I like to be optimistic, but that means pretty much literally every player & aspect on the team has significantly exceeded expectations.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
It's possible for it to be thrown out there by media. I don't know if it's possible he can make top 10 in Vegas odds.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
If Raiola is playing well and we are undefeated then I think it's possible. Wasn't Taylor Martinez in the discussion early on in his RSFr year? Nebraska was also a top-10 team at the time, though.

Anyway, words to live by:

"It's just better to expect to lose the games that would make you really happy to win"

Last edited:

Driveway Jordan

Wide Receiver
Insider
Nebrasketball
tPB OG

A true freshman has never won the Heisman...it seems like something the media would pump the hell out of if there was even a slight chance.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds