Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Aaron Judge (1 Viewer)

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Tied for most bombs in a season by a non-roided batter?
unimpressed michael keaton GIF

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Roids or no roids…that McGuire/Sosa season was a lot of fun to watch.
I'm very pro roid in baseball. That was practically the golden era of modern hitting and its not like you can really hurt others that don't do it. Two of the main seasons that hooked me into baseball were the McGuire/Sosa race and Bonds chase for the record.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Not impressed. How many of those homeruns came from hitting in that cracker box called Yankee Stadium? It’s no coincidence that all Yankees have the AL 60+ homerun records.

Exactly. Yankee stadium is a joke.
Agreed that Yankees stadium is on the easier end of the spectrum, but I'm still gonna argue for how impressive Judge is.

Hes had 12 less at bats away from Yankees Stadium, yet has 1 more of his homers away from home. In general, his numbers have actually been better on the road.

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
Agreed that Yankees stadium is on the easier end of the spectrum, but I'm still gonna argue for how impressive Judge is.

Hes had 12 less at bats away from Yankees Stadium, yet has 1 more of his homers away from home. In general, his numbers have actually been better on the road.
It is impressive no doubt. I meant what i said to be a little “tongue in cheek”. Judge is great and i wish he wasn’t on the Yankees of all teams.

betsch

Safety
Just curious, are there any standardizations for stadium sizes in baseball? Like you have to be "X" feet to the right field wall? I'm a little surprised they don't have a standard size for all teams, although adjusting old stadiums is probably easier said than done.

Tell_Sackett

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Just curious, are there any standardizations for stadium sizes in baseball? Like you have to be "X" feet to the right field wall? I'm a little surprised they don't have a standard size for all teams, although adjusting old stadiums is probably easier said than done.
How and where a stadium sits has as much or more to do with how a ball "jumps" off the bat than the impact of dimensions. New Yankee Stadium is middle of the road with regards to HR factors, at least in 2022.

Coors is obviously #1 and I think it's 420 to center there (edit 415, nearly 350 down the lines). The park that pops out to me with dimensions whenever I watch a game is Minute Maid Park in Houston. It is a literal band box, but it's only 8th on this list for 2022.

Adjusting player HRs by stadium is an interesting exercise. Salvador Perez for the Royals last year lost like 10 HRs due to Royals Stadium impact which would have had him knocking on 60s door instead of ending up at 48.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/parkfactor/_/sort/HRFactor

Last edited:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds