Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

3 new crystal balls for Raiola to USC (2 Viewers)

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
Before we go shitting our pants about this we have to ask if we have heard of him peer recruiting to USC. We have numerous documented instances of him peer recruiting to Nebraska. Multiple guys from different places on record about it.

Has anybody seen anything like that for USC?

I also saw the pics of him and the kid committed to Georgia in which that dude was recruiting Dylan to Georgia, not the other way around.

Has anybody seen any on record quotes of Dylan recruiting anyone to a school besides Nebraska?

I wonder if this is just what the recruiting services do every year with the #1 guy at skill positions in order to generate clicks and we as Nebraska fans, aren't used to it because we simply are never this close to getting one of those dudes. I seem to remember the RB Evans (was that him?) was a god damned whirlwind a few years ago and nobody had any idea where he would end up and the sites basically ran stories daily with filler and fluff.

If we start seeing him peer recruit somewhere else then we can break out the diapers and start shitting our panteloons. Until then keep your underwear free and clear.

Last edited:

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Before we go shitting our pants about this we have to ask if we have heard of him peer recruiting to USC. We have numerous documented instances of him peer recruiting to Nebraska. Multiple guys from different places on record about it.

I also saw the pics of him and the kid committed to Georgia in which that dude was recruiting Dylan to Georgia, not the other way around.

Has anybody seen any on record quotes of Dylan recruiting anyone to a school besides Nebraska?

I wonder if this is just what the recruiting services do every year with the #1 guy at skill positions in order to generate clicks and we as Nebraska fans, aren't used to it because we simply are never this close to getting one of those dudes. I seem to remember the RB Evans (was that him?) was a god damned whirlwind a few years ago and nobody had any idea where he would end up and the sites basically ran stories daily with filler and fluff.

If we start seeing him peer recruit somewhere else then we can break out the diapers and start shitting our panteloons. Until then keep your underwear free and clear.
The ONLY thing I can suggest as a counterpoint to this is whether Dylan was, in fact, peer recruiting or whether the instances we've heard from other 'croots regarding Dylan about Nebraska was simply gauging their interest in Nebraska. If he's socialized the idea of getting the crew together here at Nebraska, and the overall reaction was "nah, Imma go here and play instead", then you have your answer regarding his destination. He's NOT going to squander the opportunity and become "Raiola, party of one - your scholarship is ready". He will want to ensure he has playmakers around him.

My $0.02 worth on the peer recruiting subject.

G0skrz

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member

If I had to take a wild guess based on zero historical facts I would say this is a regular thing for a top recruit. Flip flopping your CB will result in traffic to your website resulting in more advertising money.

CornFed Gregger

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
The ONLY thing I can suggest as a counterpoint to this is whether Dylan was, in fact, peer recruiting or whether the instances we've heard from other 'croots regarding Dylan about Nebraska was simply gauging their interest in Nebraska. If he's socialized the idea of getting the crew together here at Nebraska, and the overall reaction was "nah, Imma go here and play instead", then you have your answer regarding his destination. He's NOT going to squander the opportunity and become "Raiola, party of one - your scholarship is ready". He will want to ensure he has playmakers around him.

Realistically our recruiting class is not going to be orchestrated by a kid in hs. Peer recruiting & visits is something he’s obviously communicating with the coaches on. If he’s a husker fan like his dad, he knows our classes are at best 15-20 & not in the Georgia realm. One could just as easily theorize he’s a committed to be a leader & yada-yada

HyperHusker

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
DR could peer recruit and they will follow wherever he goes. They aren't sold on the schools, they're sold on HIM. Any possibility of them playing the system here? Say some nice things maybe a little under the table to the right ear and bam, crytal balls galore, which forces Nebraska to shit themselves and run to get an even bigger NIL offer?

skersker

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member

🎯

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

That's exactly what Wiltfong said a week or two ago on a 247 podcast - he wasn't peer recruiting; he was seeing if other top players would consider Nebraska as that was likely a factor in his decision.

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Pessimistic theory:
DYLAN: "Hey fellow 5* recruit, NU actually seems amazing with these new coaches, if I go there would you wanna come start the program back up with me?"
OTHER GUY: "They have sucked ever since I've been conscious, I don't think I want to spend money to go visit a place like that when I have way better offers"
DYLAN: "You should use one of your official visits so the school pays for everything and you'll get a sense of what Rhule is going to build. Take the visit on the same weekend as me and we'll go check it out together"
OTHER GUY: "No thank you, I just can't see it happening there"
DYLAN: "Ok friend, you're probably right. Just use #24Ours on social media for awhile if you feel like getting a shitload of clicks."

RECRUITING WRITERS: "We have been notified that Raiola is peer recruiting other 5 stars to take visits to NU"

Optimistic theory:
DYLAN: "Hey fellow 5* recruit, believe it or not I'm a huge Nebraska football fan and I'm going to follow in my dad's footsteps to bring them back to glory, and you're coming with me. Schedule an official visit, you'll be blown away and we're going to win a national championship"
OTHER GUY: "You got it!"
DYLAN: "And while we're at it, let's mess with the recruiting writers and make them think I'm going to USC"

RECRUITING WRITERS: "crystalballcrystalballcrystalball"

DYLAN AND OTHER GUY: "muahahaha...."

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member

I agree, we are so fucked

brnred1989

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Realistically our recruiting class is not going to be orchestrated by a kid in hs. Peer recruiting & visits is something he’s obviously communicating with the coaches on. If he’s a husker fan like his dad, he knows our classes are at best 15-20 & not in the Georgia realm. One could just as easily theorize he’s a committed to be a leader & yada-yada
🤷‍♂️ I mean Cally had a TOP 5 class and his last year was on pace for either TOP 5 or TOP 3 before he was canned and it fell apart.

We could easily push TOP 10 if a highly rated player commits here but that’s JMO.

Last edited:

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
That's exactly what Wiltfong said a week or two ago on a 247 podcast - he wasn't peer recruiting; he was seeing if other top players would consider Nebraska as that was likely a factor in his decision.
and that makes sense because how else would DR explain to a National Writer why he was contacting recruits about Nebraska. Any other recruit I would be concerned but due to his dad's love of Nebraska plus his uncle Donovan coaching at Nebraska I see no way that Dylan would do anything that would lead on the Huskers or make them look bad. I still believe my sources that have told me he is a Silent Commit. I also have seen enough from Rhule & the Raiola's to know they would maximize the positive PR behind his announcement so I have to believe they have a plan. GBR

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
🤷‍♂️ I mean Cally has a TOP 5 class and his last year was on pace for either TOP 5 or TOP 3 before he was canned and it fell apart.

We could easily push TOP 10 if a highly rated player commits here but that’s JMO.
Cally shut down the naysayers who kept chirping that you couldn't recruit to Nebraska. Then fans fell in line with the "Can't recruit to Nebraska" mindset with Pelini & Frost. This staff has already shown a high closing rate once they get recruits on campus. Currently the #1 & #3 recruits in the 2024 Class are visiting for the spring game, plus a gaggle of highly sought after 4 stars. This staff gets it plus really is proud of what Nebraska stands for and offers.

Any naysayers on being able to recruit to Nebraska please show me what you are seeing from Rhule & his staff that tells you we aren't going to get quite a few players that the coaches have high on their list? What are the Red Flags concerning you with the way this staff coaches and recruits?

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
We have a great shot at getting a super recruit whose foot would not even be through the door in the first place without his dad's connection to NU, that is a crazy uphill battle! It's honestly incredible that we are in this thing right down to the wire. I hope it happens, but I'm not counting on it and I won't blow my brains out if he chooses to go somewhere else that has had WAY more success recently. It would suck, but part of starting from the bottom is that... we have to start from the bottom.

My view is that if Rhule can land him, he's a miracle worker.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG

This has been my fear... and also partially my assessment/guess at what's going on.

I think Raiola LOVES Nebraska and wants to pick Nebraska now. BUT he also doesn't want to be the line wolf in a #32 ranked recruiting class. Especially since Nebraska the team is probably going 5-7 this year. Maybe 6-6. That's an untenable combo for keeping Dylan. Bc you gotta 'keep' him committed until he can sign in Dec. That's a looooooong time.

If Dylan is a 5* in an 7-10th ranked recruiting class that'll be easier to keep him. Big plus if the team can go 7-5 or 8-4 and Rhule gets positive press as a legit big time CFB HC all season.

I have no doubt Raiola (in his heart) is 100% all in on Nebraska right now. My concern is what combo of scenarios/environments gets him to Dec without wavering on his decision. I have no inside info, it's just my guess on how things play out over next 8 months. Even if DR committed today, those other schools won't stop recruiting him.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I have no doubt Raiola (in his heart) is 100% all in on Nebraska right now. My concern is what combo of scenarios/environments gets him to Dec without wavering on his decision. I have no inside info, it's just my guess on how things play out over next 8 months. Even if DR committed today, those other schools won't stop recruiting him.
I’m feeling a little different. I read it like his Dad is all N but Dylan has three schools he loves and it is a hard choice for him. That’s why every one those three schools’ fans think he’s a silent commit to their school. He had nothing bad to say about any of them. And they all treat him great.

I’m glad we have the last (hopefully) visit.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I’m feeling a little different. I read it like his Dad is all N but Dylan has three schools he loves and it is a hard choice for him. That’s why every one those three schools’ fans think he’s a silent commit to their school. He had nothing bad to say about any of them. And they all treat him great.

I’m glad we have the last (hopefully) visit.
What I'm saying is I think if UGA/USC/NU were all top ten teams last year (or last several years), Raiola would pick NU. I think he's kind of like Fidone in that he's just a Nebraska fan at heart.

I think Raiola has trouble going with his gut on this bc the negative recruiting is so effective against NU - and it confirms his fears about NU. All the other coaches have to say is "why would you risk going to a 4-8 program when we can guarantee you'll be in CFP every yr and will be around the most elite players in the country." I think if that element wasn't there I think DR would have been an NU commit probably for the last year.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds