Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Crystal ball for Casey Thompson (1 Viewer)

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
247 OU Site

*** Spoke with Casey Thompson yesterday and today. Yesterday, he was on a "self-guided" tour -- with it being a dead period and coaches out of town -- he wanted to see Nebraska in person cause he had never seen it before. Said he really liked what he could see. Obviously, didn't get to see the insides of the facilities or anything with no one around and the dead period, but was still impressed with how close all of the facilities laid out in Lincoln.

He didn't talk with Nebraska in the last 24-hours or OU but said they would talk with both today and that OU has "been real. They told me Dillon [Gabriel] knows the system, so he would have a leg up. Still, that we would do 50/50 reps and the best man would win if I chose Oklahoma. I really like OU and they seem to want to take me if I decide that."

I think Nebraska is the leader and have said that for a few weeks now. I think he will do a few closing Zoom's with his final programs and then decide. CT is in a win-win situation with his choices, so either one is good for him.

He also said a decision will happen "soon."

VIP

kenyanfeline

Pussy Patrol
Insider
Elite Member
*** Spoke with Casey Thompson yesterday and today. Yesterday, he was on a "self-guided" tour -- with it being a dead period and coaches out of town -- he wanted to see Nebraska in person cause he had never seen it before. Said he really liked what he could see. Obviously, didn't get to see the insides of the facilities or anything with no one around and the dead period, but was still impressed with how close all of the facilities laid out in Lincoln.

He didn't talk with Nebraska in the last 24-hours or OU but said they would talk with both today and that OU has "been real. They told me Dillon [Gabriel] knows the system, so he would have a leg up. Still, that we would do 50/50 reps and the best man would win if I chose Oklahoma. I really like OU and they seem to want to take me if I decide that."

I think Nebraska is the leader and have said that for a few weeks now. I think he will do a few closing Zoom's with his final programs and then decide. CT is in a win-win situation with his choices, so either one is good for him.

I mean… if you consider a greater than 50% chance of riding pine for a year and derailing his promising career a “win” than I see the logic here.

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
He better choose Nebraska or I'm going to send a strongly worded letter to his representatives
If he doesn’t choose Nebraska I’m pretty much giving up on next season. Not because I think Thompson is necessarily THAT good, but it would just put us in such a shitty spot QB-wise. We’d need to hit on a Hail Mary late in the portal cycle to find a comparable QB.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds