Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

3 months since the season, a few days until spring practice, where do you stand? (1 Viewer)

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I have never been so apathetic. Inertia brings me back to check in here now and then just to see if anything big has happened in the three days since I last checked in. This year is the first time I couldn't even begin to name even half of the croots signed by NU this year. I just don't care. I fully expect more stupid losses by the Skers doing dumb shit and Frost making stupid decisions on personnel, game management, and generally just not giving two rat fucks about special teams play. No matter what the defense will take a step back unless I've totally missed something. As has been noted I'll believe we have a B1G caliber OL when I see it. The "easy" schedule can't even get me to anticipate a winning season. One hallmark of Frost's teams at NU has been in game fragility of the mental kind. I doubt that changes. One bad play and they'll pack it in and give up like usual. Then come out strong only to drizzle down their legs again when adversity strikes during the game. Ugh I just remembered why I've quit posting.....
Same here except for the 3 days without checking in here. That part sounds awful.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
My feelings haven’t changed

F20-CEA46-EBC3-4-F77-A78-F-484-A8-F8-EA099.jpg

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Even with the “easiest” schedule since Nebraska has been in the B1G I don’t see 7+ wins.

Without Cam as our anchor and leader at C, the OL will be bottom 4 in the conference and will continue to hold us back.

The defense loses the best player at all three levels, so no way they’re improved.

Overall, the team will continue to make catastrophic, soul crushing mistakes at the perfectly wrong time, which is the true identity of HCSF coached football teams.

In other words, it would be a statistical anomaly for Nebraska to turn the corner in year 5 when so many data points indicate it can’t and won’t happen. I just can’t believe it and refuse to buy into it.

Sorry to piss down everyone’s back and tell them it’s raining.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Even with the “easiest” schedule since Nebraska has been in the B1G I don’t see 7+ wins.

Without Cam as our anchor and leader at C, the OL will be bottom 4 in the conference and will continue to hold us back.

The defense loses the best player at all three levels, so no way they’re improved.

Overall, the team will continue to make catastrophic, soul crushing mistakes at the perfectly wrong time, which is the true identity of HCSF coached football teams.

In other words, it would be a statistical anomaly for Nebraska to turn the corner in year 5 when so many data points indicate it can’t and won’t happen. I just can’t believe it and refuse to buy into it.

Pretty bleak this cold early morning Lee. Couldn't agree more. Best player at all 3 levels on D is a big one.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG

If Frost and Friends can’t win 7+ games with this schedule I think Turd fires him the day after the Cockeye game.

Only way I could see that Turd wouldn’t is if Nebraska like barely lost to OU and then our QB (probably Thompson) who was having a great season got like a season ending injury in the Minnesota game and then we barely lose to Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin and Cockeye to finish the season 7-5. Especially if all those loses were close and it was obvious that if we had our QB healthy we would have won all or 3 of those 4 games.
Probably would get an easy bowl bid too so likely that we would finish 8-5 with 4 of those loses probably unlikely without the injury.

Highly doubt the 2nd scenario would happen tho. Most likely if we go 7-5 or worse it won’t be due to extraordinary circumstances but rather ordinary failure. :( I’m just happy we have Turd at the wheel.

doublewing

Running Back

Good points. I'd also note the first year OC. Getting a new offense in place in Y1 and have it clicking is not an easy thing. There are going to be some growing pains on offense.

You also have to figure in the Frost effect: when has he met even low expectations? On paper they should be improved but don't underestimate a Frost-led team to lose games they should win.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
lol at people who think this team won't win 10+ games in 2022

you are all silly gooses

hat table GIF by South Park

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
If Frost and Friends can’t win 7+ games with this schedule I think Turd fires him the day after the Cockeyes game.

Only way I could see that Turd wouldn’t is if Nebraska like barely lost to OU and then our QB (probably Thompson) who was having a great season got like a season ending injury in the Minnesota game and then we barely lose to Minnesota, Michigan, Wisconsin and Cockeyes to finish the season 7-5. Especially if all those loses were close and it was obvious that if we had our QB healthy we would have won all or 3 of those 4 games.
Probably would get an easy bowl bid too so likely that we would finish 8-5 with 4 of those loses probably unlikely without the injury.

Highly doubt the 2nd scenario would happen tho. Most likely if we go 7-5 or worse it won’t be due to extraordinary circumstances but rather ordinary failure. :( I’m just happy we have Turd at the wheel.
Just think, if we win even 6 you get to cheer twice as much as you did last year!

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds