Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

2024 Offseason Thread (3 Viewers)

Dawgsauce

Cornerback
Elite Member
Before Kirby got to Athens, UGA had so many more issues than now. Kirby probably keeps some out of the spotlight more than previous coaches, but the DUIs, bar fights, and assaults are almost nil in comparison. Racing is so much bigger now than in 80s and 90s, and even 2000s and is a big problem with kids and UGA players are part of that. Some of it is Atlanta culture. I would love to see an accurate count of racing and reckless driving violations at other schools. I see players at other SEC schools get arrested or ticketed for it often and worse, but they aren't on the Mountain Top (excluding Bama and it's friendly police force) and they also don't have the Atlanta Journal Constitution which will put a jay walking violation by UGA player on front page. Hell, they got caught making up culture problems and arrest numbers and had to fire the lead reporter just last year. I don't think Kirby could ever do anything to get these issues to zero. Especially with the portal being a way out for players if punishment is too punitive or vindictive. You'll continue to see these issues at UGA. Arkansas players just got caught racing, but no charges and the school has kept out of news. How often does this happen elsewhere? Does Nebraska have these issues as well, but handled differently by school or law enforcement? Really curious.

Kazman5k

Safety
Elite Member
Before Kirby got to Athens, UGA had so many more issues than now. Kirby probably keeps some out of the spotlight more than previous coaches, but the DUIs, bar fights, and assaults are almost nil in comparison. Racing is so much bigger now than in 80s and 90s, and even 2000s and is a big problem with kids and UGA players are part of that. Some of it is Atlanta culture. I would love to see an accurate count of racing and reckless driving violations at other schools. I see players at other SEC schools get arrested or ticketed for it often and worse, but they aren't on the Mountain Top (excluding Bama and it's friendly police force) and they also don't have the Atlanta Journal Constitution which will put a jay walking violation by UGA player on front page. Hell, they got caught making up culture problems and arrest numbers and had to fire the lead reporter just last year. I don't think Kirby could ever do anything to get these issues to zero. Especially with the portal being a way out for players if punishment is too punitive or vindictive. You'll continue to see these issues at UGA. Arkansas players just got caught racing, but no charges and the school has kept out of news. How often does this happen elsewhere? Does Nebraska have these issues as well, but handled differently by school or law enforcement? Really curious.
Lincoln roads would total your car instantly if you dared go 5 over the speed limit

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I assumed Georgia’s racing culture would have died with Paul Walker

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds