Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

2023 Fall Camp Thread

Hey genius, there sure are a plethora of under 30 coaches out there aren’t there? This has to be the easiest list to make ever. There’s guys on this list that haven’t even coached a game yet.
"Surveying dozens and dozens of contacts across the industry to find the best and brightest sub-age-30 coaches and staffers in college football. Given the sport is trending younger every year — there are more than 70 under-age-30 assistants in the FBS this year — it's harder than ever before to narrow this list to just 30 names."

"There are actually a ton of coaches under 30 in this era. (80-plus and climbing) Throw in off-field staffers and it's pretty hard to narrow this thing down to 30.

As for why Garret made it, it's because people in this industry I really respect raved about him. Fully believe he'll be a HC down the line and I think he'll find a lot of success coaching receivers."

"Surveying dozens and dozens of contacts across the industry to find the best and brightest sub-age-30 coaches and staffers in college football. Given the sport is trending younger every year — there are more than 70 under-age-30 assistants in the FBS this year — it's harder than ever before to narrow this list to just 30 names."

"There are actually a ton of coaches under 30 in this era. (80-plus and climbing) Throw in off-field staffers and it's pretty hard to narrow this thing down to 30.

As for why Garret made it, it's because people in this industry I really respect raved about him. Fully believe he'll be a HC down the line and I think he'll find a lot of success coaching receivers."
McGuire should be the HCWIW to Tony White's HCIW

Hey genius, there sure are a plethora of under 30 coaches out there aren’t there? This has to be the easiest list to make ever. There’s guys on this list that haven’t even coached a game yet.
If there's so few as you, incorrectly, claim then why did your boy #2ndChoice hire one of them who's only experience is in FCS coaching? What a poor decision by your guy, no?

Fuck yourself.

If there's so few as you, incorrectly, claim then why did your boy #2ndChoice hire one of them who's only experience is in FCS coaching? What a poor decision by your guy, no?

Fuck yourself.
It’s normal to have 1 or 2 young guys on your staff, its not normal to fill an an entire staff with young unknowns at a P5 program. Would you really like to go down the road of who hired a better staff between rhule and #2ndChoice?

I’ll side with the rest of America you just keep those koolaid covered blinders on

It’s normal to have 1 or 2 young guys on your staff, its not normal to fill an an entire staff with young unknowns at a P5 program. Would you really like to go down the road of who hired a better staff between rhule and #2ndChoice?

I’ll side with the rest of America you just keep those koolaid covered blinders on

That’s a pointless discussion until there’s on field results. None of us are in the coaching circles enough to know which coaches strengths are what.

We’re all just football knowledge morons with the only ability to judge a coaching hire being, “derpy derp, WR caught pass good, so WR Coach good”

To try and gauge quality of an assistant coach hire before you even have that, is somehow even more derpy

White - 17 seasons
Satterfield - 25 seasons
Foley - 34 seasons
Barthel - 7 Seasons recruiting coordinator/coaching
Cooper - 9 seasons
Dvoraec - 30 Under 30 List
Knighton - NFL player - 5th coaching season
Raiola - 7th Season
Martin - 9 Seasons, plus other years as analyst/assistant position coach
McGuire - 30 Under 30 List

Maybe you're not so dumb after all - you said "it's normal to have 1 or 2 young guys on your staff". Looks like that's the model Rhule went with.

That’s a pointless discussion until there’s on field results. None of us are in the coaching circles enough to know which coaches strengths are what.

We’re all just football knowledge morons with the only ability to judge a coaching hire being, “derpy derp, WR caught pass good, so WR Coach good”

To try and gauge quality of an assistant coach hire before you even have that, is somehow even more derpy
Which is why i told @djw that the “30Under30” list that he posted and tagged me in was stupid and pointless

Which is why i told @djw that the “30Under30” list that he posted and tagged me in was stupid and pointless
Again...move those posts...

You said there weren't enough coaches to even make that list. Your statement was that it should be so easy to make beacuse there are barely enough coaches eligible to make it...i.e. you wouldn't even NEED to evaluate coaches.

God you're dumb. You get lost in your own bullshit constantly.

#QuackOn

Again...move those posts...

You said there weren't enough coaches to even make that list. Your statement was that it should be so easy to make beacuse there are barely enough coaches eligible to make it...i.e. you wouldn't even NEED to evaluate coaches.

God you're dumb. You get lost in your own bullshit constantly.

#QuackOn
So in your opinion is it hard to make that list? Just admit it was stupid thinking Mcguire being on that list means anything.

Also i can’t take your football takes seriously after you called Jacob Hood an “NFL ready” transfer.

Last edited:

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back