Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

2023-24 Portal Szn

Another incredible day in which an athlete admits in legal filings into entering an agreement that violated the NCAA rules of NIL inducements to get commits with little worry that Chuck Baker will take off the blindfold he's wearing while he gets pegged by a dominatrix long enough to do even be aware of it

Complaint is very poorly written, also strange to me that he’s pursuing fraudulent misrepresentation and tortious interference claims instead of breach of contract. I hope this doesn’t get dismissed right away though because I want to see the contracts.

And from reading this, nobody comes out looking that good. I don’t blame Rashada, if someone offers to pay $14m a year to sign an NLI it’s hard to criticize him for that, but he had some bad agents and should’ve waited to sign until the money was good. And Florida and its NIL looks like amateur hour, I get this was early in NIL but if you’re a coach or on staff you can’t be promising $, or if you are, you better be 100% sure the donor is good for the money. You’re risking your recruiting reputation over some car dealer who’s promising $14m but can’t pony up $500k? Embarrassing

Complaint is very poorly written, also strange to me that he’s pursuing fraudulent misrepresentation and tortious interference claims instead of breach of contract. I hope this doesn’t get dismissed right away though because I want to see the contracts.

And from reading this, nobody comes out looking that good. I don’t blame Rashada, if someone offers to pay $14m a year to sign an NLI it’s hard to criticize him for that, but he had some bad agents and should’ve waited to sign until the money was good. And Florida and its NIL looks like amateur hour, I get this was early in NIL but if you’re a coach or on staff you can’t be promising $, or if you are, you better be 100% sure the donor is good for the money. You’re risking your recruiting reputation over some car dealer who’s promising $14m but can’t pony up $500k? Embarrassing
I hope it goes through the whole process and doesn't just get dismissed or settled. It has potential to establish pretty huge precedence for NIL. Plus, any chance to see Florida get embarrassed is worth it.

I hope it goes through the whole process and doesn't just get dismissed or settled. It has potential to establish pretty huge precedence for NIL. Plus, any chance to see Florida get embarrassed is worth it.
If Napiers attorney thinks there’s even 1% chance this goes to discovery he’s going to settle. Not worth all the texts going public.

Sounds like they are not covering 100% of signing bonuses promised to their players as well according to an insider on Dawg board. Could get uglier down the road.
My understanding the Rashada suit isn't able to sue for Breach because contract had language for allowing termination, but instead claiming loss of funds Miami would've paid because Billy and Hathcock lied to him.

Brother
Joe Dirt Brother GIF

I haven’t followed this stuff with Rashada closely, but I don’t get what Florida was thinking. Their alleged offer of $14 million was so far above market value that it makes no sense. For that kind of ridiculous overpayment, he should be the best QB prospect in history. An instant natty contender. A Dylan Raiola on steroids (possibly literally).

But he was a 4 star that On.3 and Rivals had ranked 12th and 13th among QBs. In other words, a lot closer to TJ Lateef territory than Dylan Raiola. Why was Florida so desperate to overpay him?

And shouldn’t that have raised all kinds of red flags among Rashada’s camp? The deal was too good to be true. It’s almost like the person offering it never had any intention of paying it. He was just saying whatever the prospect wanted to hear to get him there.

Weird situation.

Last edited:
I haven’t followed this stuff with Rashada closely, but I don’t get what Florida was thinking. Their alleged offer of $14 million was so far above market value that it makes no sense. For that kind of ridiculous overpayment, he should be the best QB prospect in history. An instant natty contender. A Dylan Raiola on steroids (possibly literally).

But he was a 4 star that On.3 and Rivals had ranked 12th and 13th among QBs. In other words, a lot closer to TJ Lateef territory than Dylan Raiola. Why was Florida so desperate to overpay him?

And shouldn’t that have raised all kinds of red flags among Rashada’s camp? The deal was too good to be true. It’s almost like the person offering it never had any intention of paying it. He was just saying whatever the prospect wanted to hear to get him there.

Weird situation.

I completely agree with your rationale. But there was a time, around age 16, where Rashada was considered a generational talent. I think Florida's NIL offering started to build momentum early and then got cold feet as they realized his development stunted.

I actually blame his dad. Imo, that man started to exploit his son and football suddenly became secondary to fame and fortune.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back