Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

2022 Nebraska HC Board (2 Viewers)

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Alright, it’s looking like Frost won’t be here in 2022. With that said, I’ll include him in this info for the 2022 hot board. The rest I copied from Reddit r/Huskers.

Nebraska HC Scott Frost (he’s already here. With a new QB and offensive staff, could he turn 2022 around?)

Cincinnati HC Luke #2ndChoice (you have to give him a call. He’ll say no, but never hurts.)

ISU HC Matt Campbell (probably waiting for Michigan to open up, but you call him anyway after how far Big 12 is falling in prestige)

Baylor HC Dave Aranda (quickly turned Baylor around. Great defensive mind)

Ole Miss HC Lane Kiffin (born in Lincoln and has ties to the program. Done really well at Ole Miss. Easier path to NC through Nebraska would be a big enough draw though to leave SEC?)

Wake Forest HC Dave Clawson (undefeated in the ACC. Beat Duke 45-7. Runs a similar system at WF that would fit out our current system and players quickly)

Coastal Carolina HC Jamey Chadwell (Husker fans would LOVE talking themselves into the spread option)

Army HC Jeff Monken (knows option football, but said he would adjust his offense if he went anywhere else. Has done a good job with Army considering the circumstances)

UAB HC Bill Clark (took a program from nonexistentce and has yet to have a losing season with them)

Alabama OC Bill O’Brien (Big Ten experience plus the Nick Saban school of rehabilitation worked for Lane Kiffin)

Georgia DC Dan Lanning (young, from the Midwest, leads the top defense in the country. Idk if he’d be interested but you never know)

Georgia OC Todd Monken (yeah his HC record isn’t good but only because he left USM for the NFL right as the turnaround was working. There’s serious untapped potential with this guy and I’d love to find out what he can do)

Oregon OC Joe Moorhead (got a raw deal at Mississippi State and I think he’d work out better than the last Oregon OC we hired)

Michigan OC Josh Gattis (Young coach who knows the conference as well as anybody)

Boston College HC Jeff Hafley (former Ohio State DC who plays the UGLY style of football that works in the Big Ten)

Virginia HC Bronco Mendenhall (Dude knows offense and has plenty of solid HC experience, not sure if he’d want to leave but he would likely do well here)

Louisiana HC Billy Napier (gonna be a hot commodity for good reason, 4 straight winning seasons at a non-traditional power)

Ole Miss OC Jeff Lebby (young coach already getting some P5 looks, could be worth sending a few feelers out to him)

Baylor OC Jeff Grimes (this dude is fucking good at his job. I think Aranda’s a bit to pie in the sky but Grimes has made every offense he’s ran hum so looking to the guy next to him could work)

Fresno State HC Kalen DeBoer (Only two years of FBS experience, but 77-8 overall as a head coach is very tempting)

Texas A&M DC Mike Elko (One of the best coordinators in the country hands down, if we want to look for defense first he’s your man)

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Alright, it’s looking like Frost won’t be here in 2022. With that said, I’ll include him in this info for the 2022 hot board. The rest I copied from Reddit r/Huskers.

Nebraska HC Scott Frost (he’s already here. With a new QB and offensive staff, could he turn 2022 around?)

Cincinnati HC Luke #2ndChoice (you have to give him a call. He’ll say no, but never hurts.)

ISU HC Matt Campbell (probably waiting for Michigan to open up, but you call him anyway after how far Big 12 is falling in prestige)

Baylor HC Dave Aranda (quickly turned Baylor around. Great defensive mind)

Ole Miss HC Lane Kiffin (born in Lincoln and has ties to the program. Done really well at Ole Miss. Easier path to NC through Nebraska would be a big enough draw though to leave SEC?)

Wake Forest HC Dave Clawson (undefeated in the ACC. Beat Duke 45-7. Runs a similar system at WF that would fit out our current system and players quickly)

Coastal Carolina HC Jamey Chadwell (Husker fans would LOVE talking themselves into the spread option)

Army HC Jeff Monken (knows option football, but said he would adjust his offense if he went anywhere else. Has done a good job with Army considering the circumstances)

UAB HC Bill Clark (took a program from nonexistentce and has yet to have a losing season with them)

Alabama OC Bill O’Brien (Big Ten experience plus the Nick Saban school of rehabilitation worked for Lane Kiffin)

Georgia DC Dan Lanning (young, from the Midwest, leads the top defense in the country. Idk if he’d be interested but you never know)

Georgia OC Todd Monken (yeah his HC record isn’t good but only because he left USM for the NFL right as the turnaround was working. There’s serious untapped potential with this guy and I’d love to find out what he can do)

Oregon OC Joe Moorhead (got a raw deal at Mississippi State and I think he’d work out better than the last Oregon OC we hired)

Michigan OC Josh Gattis (Young coach who knows the conference as well as anybody)

Boston College HC Jeff Hafley (former Ohio State DC who plays the UGLY style of football that works in the Big Ten)

Virginia HC Bronco Mendenhall (Dude knows offense and has plenty of solid HC experience, not sure if he’d want to leave but he would likely do well here)

Louisiana HC Billy Napier (gonna be a hot commodity for good reason, 4 straight winning seasons at a non-traditional power)

Ole Miss OC Jeff Lebby (young coach already getting some P5 looks, could be worth sending a few feelers out to him)

Baylor OC Jeff Grimes (this dude is fucking good at his job. I think Aranda’s a bit to pie in the sky but Grimes has made every offense he’s ran hum so looking to the guy next to him could work)

Fresno State HC Kalen DeBoer (Only two years of FBS experience, but 77-8 overall as a head coach is very tempting)

Texas A&M DC Mike Elko (One of the best coordinators in the country hands down, if we want to look for defense first he’s your man)
I would take Jim Leonhard when other top guys say no.

Tyneb23

POTD Editor of tPB. Master interviewer
Titty Master
tPB OG
First thing we need to look it is how does he want his offense and defense to look. Frost failed bc he neglected the oline for so long. We need ball control and a stout defense. Be a more athletic Cockeye/Wisconsin at the skill positions. Mobile qb who is pass first run second guy.

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
First thing we need to look it is how does he want his offense and defense to look. Frost failed bc he neglected the oline for so long. We need ball control and a stout defense. Be a more athletic Cockeyes/Wisconsin at the skill positions. Mobile qb who is pass first run second guy.
Lol wasn’t this literally the Riley plan? The last thing we need is 3 more years of adjusting to a new system.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
I'm a pretty big fan of Marcus Freeman at Notre Dame too. DC at Notre Dame. No head coaching experience, which is definitely a big concern, but I really think he is an up and coming coach.

I probably go:
1a. #2ndChoice
1b. Aranda
3. Kiffin
4. Marcus Freeman
5. Jamey Chadwell

Sous Chef

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Or we just get a little lucky for once. Look at Michigan State. We're a blue blood, but their last 2 hires seemed to have work much better.
That's because their "Way" is to hire good coaches not pandering to retired egos and succumbing to the myth that only a select few incestuous hires can be given the sacred position of HC at Nebraska.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
That's because their "Way" is to hire good coaches not pandering to retired egos and succumbing to the myth that only a select few incestuous hires can be given the sacred position of HC at Nebraska.

Not going to disagree with you there one iota.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm a pretty big fan of Marcus Freeman at Notre Dame too. DC at Notre Dame. No head coaching experience, which is definitely a big concern, but I really think he is an up and coming coach.

I probably go:
1a. #2ndChoice
1b. Aranda
3. Kiffin
4. Marcus Freeman
5. Jamey Chadwell
Why go with him when Leonhard puts together better defenses with less talent on paper? His defense was even pretty much lights out when Wisconsin’s offense was horrible early in the year.

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Why go with him when Leonhard puts together better defenses with less talent on paper? His defense was even pretty much lights out when Wisconsin’s offense was horrible early in the year.
I like Leonhard and wouldn't be disappointed with that move. But I think you are only looking at Freeman at Notre Dame. He was at Cincy with #2ndChoice before ND and I like that his roots are from Ohio St.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I like Leonhard and wouldn't be disappointed with that move. But I think you are only looking at Freeman at Notre Dame. He was at Cincy with #2ndChoice before ND and I like that his roots are from Ohio St.
I think the main argument for Freeman over Leonhard is probably recruiting. I would also like to stick it to Wisconsin and steal their DC. I think it would be a pretty good hit to Wisconsin taking him.

Hardknocks1

Linebacker
Elite Member
He is 77-8 as a head coach, is from the Midwest (SD) has been a coordinator and coach in the B10(Indiana when they have had great success). Develops guys, can and would develop QB’s, think he has the moral fiber and demeanor to fit in and do well at Nebraska. Will hire coaches and coordinators with the funds Nebraska affords him.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds