Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Would you pay extra to watch the Huskers?

Is it only the students? There significantly discounted anyway, so I wouldn’t mind that. But they can fuck right off if they’re adding $10 to the $70 people are already paying. Especially because this isn’t going to stop them from raising them again in a couple years.
Why get mad about people raising prices? Don’t buy if if it’s not worth the price to you. No one is putting a gun to your head.

If you read the article (or listen to the podcast), Staples says that Tennessee currently has a 15,000 person waitlist for season tickets. At the current time, they aren't worried about pricing some of their fans out, as they have plenty of people to pass the higher prices to. If Tennessee tanks in the next couple of years, then they may have to rethink the price increase, but right now their demand is pretty much near an all-time high.

If you read the article (or listen to the podcast), Staples says that Tennessee currently has a 15,000 person waitlist for season tickets. At the current time, they aren't worried about pricing some of their fans out, as they have plenty of people to pass the higher prices to. If Tennessee tanks in the next couple of years, then they may have to rethink the price increase, but right now their demand is pretty much near an all-time high.
I think teams would be wiser to keep the get-in price lower, and have more upgrades/amenities be an additional cost or raised price. WiFi access, seat-delivery concessions, or a priority line at the stands, premium lounges, seat warmers, seat pads, anything at the stadium that's more than entrance & a set. Heck, have the option to "tip" a player a few NIL bucks from the team app when they make a great play on the field (send the majority of the donation to that player, and a smaller portion to a team fund).

Keeps your fans engaged & games accessible, and the cash can still keep flowing.

That ticket demand can dry up in a hurry with a couple mediocre seasons, and it happens a lot faster if the prices have been jacked up.

I think teams would be wiser to keep the get-in price lower, and have more upgrades/amenities be an additional cost or raised price. WiFi access, seat-delivery concessions, or a priority line at the stands, premium lounges, seat warmers, seat pads, anything at the stadium that's more than entrance & a set. Heck, have the option to "tip" a player a few NIL bucks from the team app when they make a great play on the field (send the majority of the donation to that player, and a smaller portion to a team fund).

Keeps your fans engaged & games accessible, and the cash can still keep flowing.

That ticket demand can dry up in a hurry with a couple mediocre seasons, and it happens a lot faster if the prices have been jacked up.
Might as well pass the hat around the stadium whenever someone scores a TD or causes a turnover.

Why get mad about people raising prices? Don’t buy if if it’s not worth the price to you. No one is putting a gun to your head.
Has that been your response to all this inflation as well? There are certain things people need or want to buy. To them, saying "Well, just don't buy it if it's too expensive" isn't a good response. I WANT to go to games. Telling me just to be happy with walking away because I've been priced out doesn't work for me. You're right, no one is putting a gun to my head to buy football tickets. But I WANT to!

Has that been your response to all this inflation as well? There are certain things people need or want to buy. To them, saying "Well, just don't buy it if it's too expensive" isn't a good response. I WANT to go to games. Telling me just to be happy with walking away because I've been priced out doesn't work for me. You're right, no one is putting a gun to my head to buy football tickets. But I WANT to!
Make more money then? Like it’s literally a supply and demand thing. They are selling a good and can charge whatever buyers are willing to pay.

I would love to buy a 911 Turbo, but I don’t have $250k to drop on one. Am I going to be mad at Porsche that I’m priced out?

Yeah I 100% would still buy so I don’t really know why I’m complaining. But as someone said above, it seems like CFB is doing everything they possibly can to drive fans away. Why are the fans expected to pay the players and not the universities that make 100s of millions of dollars???

Make more money then? Like it’s literally a supply and demand thing. They are selling a good and can charge whatever buyers are willing to pay.

I would love to buy a 911 Turbo, but I don’t have $250k to drop on one. Am I going to be mad at Porsche that I’m priced out?
I am mad at Porsche for this

As a TikTok celebrity, you should be getting a Porsche comped
correct tupac shakur GIF

I think the goal of this is to get the average fan to help cover the NIL, that way more of the big donor dollars can go to things like stadium improvements.

I did a little research, and it looks like in 2022, Tennessee did actually lower (for the majority of fans) the donation requirements for season tickets, similar to what Nebraska has. Now that they are putting out a better product, demand has increased sharply.

I think the increase in the product they have is a combination of better coaching, and a good NIL. The big donors have already put up large amounts of money for Tennessee to acquire talent. The coaching has used that talent to make Tennessee pretty damn good, high scoring, and pretty fun to watch. The big donors have “completed” the first part of their goal which was to get enough talent to make Tennessee relevant and get fans interested again. Now, they can use the increase in demand from fans to help cover some of those big donor costs, and use the money the big donors may still be giving to help in other areas (like stadium upgrades). It will also help the school offset some of the costs that it will take to pay the players in the coming years.

I’d pay $5 to watch a game on tv if it was voluntary

@lee_carvallo_12

This isn't about NIL, this is in preparation for the revenue sharing that the is being arbitrated currently. Apparently, studies are showing that the initial $20M that both sides agreed on, may not be approved due to it potentially being too low. So, finding more revenue within the Athletic Department is probably necessary for most schools.

@lee_carvallo_12

This isn't about NIL, this is in preparation for the revenue sharing that the is being arbitrated currently. Apparently, studies are showing that the initial $20M that both sides agreed on, may not be approved due to it potentially being too low. So, finding more revenue within the Athletic Department is probably necessary for most schools.
That makes sense. It's clearly not about NIL anymore going forward. That will play a part for a minor few like Caitlin Clark and Shadildo Sanders who have national marketing presences.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back