Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Worst trades in NFL history (1 Viewer)

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
tyreek-hill-chiefs.gif

SoCal_Corn

Wide Receiver
Whomever the 49ers traded up with to draft Trey Lance with the 3rd pic.

If they had those draft pics AND still drafted Brock Purdy last, they'd have won Super Bowls by now.

Tyneb23

POTD Editor of tPB. Master interviewer
Titty Master
tPB OG
Whomever the 49ers traded up with to draft Trey Lance with the 3rd pic.

If they had those draft pics AND still drafted Brock Purdy last, they'd have won Super Bowls by now.
Just don't. Just don't

SoCal_Corn

Wide Receiver
Just don't. Just don't

Oh i am gonna make my 1st post even worse with this:

What did the 49ers trade for Trey Lance? and then what was done with those picks at DRAFT​

49ers get:
  • 2021 first-round pick (No. 3 overall) - TREY LANCE

Dolphins get:
  • 2021 first-round pick (No. 12 overall) - MICAH PARSONS - Cowboys kinda the best DEF player in the NFL
    Having Parsons and Nick Bosa together would have given the 49ers arguably the best pass-rushing tandem in the NFL. So, giving up the pick that became Parsons seems like a massive missed opportunity in retrospect.

• 2022 first-round pick (No. 29 overall) - COLE STRANGE - Patriots - Has been OK so far
    Still, Strange has potential at 6-6, 301 pounds, and he would certainly be in the mix to start for the 49ers, be it over Aaron Banks at left guard or Spencer Burford and Jon Feliciano at right guard.

• 2022 third-round pick (No. 101 overall) - CHANNING TINDALL - Dolphins - Not a Starter but Special Teams stud
    Were he with the 49ers, he would be a key depth piece on the 2023 squad after the departure of Azeez Al-Shaair in free agency.

• 2023 first-round pick (No. 29 overall) - BRIAN BRESEE - Saints -
    Bresee didn't quite live up to the hype he had after a strong freshman season during which he recorded 23 tackles and four sacks. Still, he is a big-bodied run stopper at 6-5, 305 pounds and has the skill set needed to be a top-tier pass rusher. He just needs to stay healthy, something that he couldn't always do in college.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah. Don't get your hopes up with that CHOKE ARTIST Kyle Shanahan
Atleast Shanahan choked against the two best qbs ever to play the game. Having said that the Niners are going to run out of time pretty soon because they won’t have a cheap qb.

Link-

Link Lyman invented the DLine shift
Elite Member
Not exactly a direct trade. But Brett Favre going to the Jets and then the Vikings, where he had his statistically best season, will never sit right with my Packers fandom. Fuck the Vikings. But more importantly, fuck the Bears.

Fun fact, my girlfriend’s family have been Bears season ticket holders for 50+ years. Absolutely hate that, but the real fun fact is that the Washington Wizards used to be in Chicago…known as the Chicago Packers.

IM4NUALWAYS

Linebacker
Elite Member

Gave up way to much.

Thas said he is not near as bad as he is being made out to be on the field. Other than that I have no clue about locker room stuff.

His stats make him a top 10-15 QB in the NFL. Learning 2 systems in 2 years. 1 with a ridiculously bad coach and 1 with a coach who doesn't want him there from day 1.

Also the 4th most sacked QB last year.

He is not the old Wilson but he is still a decent QB.

Denver maybregret this in a big way. I sure hope so.

No I am not a Wilson fan really just looking at the stats/facts.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Gave up way to much.

Thas said he is not near as bad as he is being made out to be on the field. Other than that I have no clue about locker room stuff.

His stats make him a top 10-15 QB in the NFL. Learning 2 systems in 2 years. 1 with a ridiculously bad coach and 1 with a coach who doesn't want him there from day 1.

Also the 4th most sacked QB last year.

He is not the old Wilson but he is still a decent QB.

Denver maybregret this in a big way. I sure hope so.

No I am not a Wilson fan really just looking at the stats/facts.
He was bad bad in 2022. He threw more TD's than bathrooms fairly early in 2023.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds