Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Worst Concert You’ve Been To? (1 Viewer)

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
My ear started ringing at a Grasshopper Takeover concert. Was a good time though.
star wars GIF

Interloper

Linebacker
Elite Member
I. Was. There.
Rob Halford entered on the mid-stage elevator.
I was too fucked up to know if it was a good show or not. But I know I had a blast.
Same here bro, buddies and I were all wasted and the volume never bothered me/us during the show so we were a bunch of happy Jacks as well. Finally realized once we got outside and started attempting normal conversation that it was difficult to hear each other...lasting memory was some shirtless dude a few rows ahead of us doing his KK Downing impression with a broom he brought in, lol.

Last edited:

ThomOsborneMD

NFL PICKEM CHAMP
Elite Member
tPB OG
Believe it or not Tom Petty. I've been involved with over 2,000 concerts and for a major production it was a major snoozer. It was Petty's Fairwell Tour, at least their first Fairwell Tour. Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam is a huge Petty fan so he offered to have PJ open for the Tour even though PJ was a much bigger draw. I was excited to see Petty but speaking with the Pearl Jam crew before the show they said it was brutal. So freaking boring. I met Petty & his band. Really nice but they were getting up there in years and came across more as college professors than rock stars. One literally was wearing a turtle neck sweater with a twead sport coat with elbow patches. It was a true snoozer as there was ZERO energy except when someone from PJ would join them on stage. We had to sit through 2 days of this. They sounded like their CD but were just going through the motions. You could see that they didn't care as it was all about getting a paycheck. I might as well have been sitting on my couch listening to their CD. Barely interacted with the crowd and nobody moved around at all on stage. It was like they were a bunch of retired people from a Nursing Home getting together to play in the Bingo Hall. PJ got the crowd fired up and TP put them to sleep. Sold Out Arena actually cleared out quite a bit during TP's set. The 2nd night I think the arena was just over half full at the end.
Bummer. I got to see him once probably ten years ago at a smallish arena that’s about to get torn down and it was fantastic.

ThomOsborneMD

NFL PICKEM CHAMP
Elite Member
tPB OG
Saw the Turnpike Troubadors at the Grizzly rose once. They were fine but dear lord that’s a bad venue. It was wayyy too loud my ears rang for a week. Also old people trying to line dance during a packed show.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds