Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Worst Husker defensive play you can remember? (1 Viewer)

doublewing

Running Back
End Zone seats watching Bo refuse to make any adjustments as they just ran same play over and over and over for huge gains. Even the Wisc Fans around us started feeling sorry for us asking why Bo wouldn't adjust anything to stop it. They were literally wanting to throw in the towel for us, Mercy Rule. Or Stubborn Pigheaded Coach Rule

Wisconsin fans be like:
the-dude-give-up.gif
The icing on the cake with Pelini would be that he would simplify why they fared so poorly like it was an easy fix. "We weren't lined up correctly for the run fits" or some BS like that. It's so simple to fix yet they got gashed for an entire game. Thanks Bo.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
The icing on the cake with Pelini would be that he would simplify why they fared so poorly like it was an easy fix. "We weren't lined up correctly for the run fits" or some BS like that. It's so simple to fix yet they got gashed for an entire game. Thanks Bo.
The important context here is that Fat Bert proceeded to continue to drop deuces on him with the same shit until he left for Arkansas

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
That’s the game where 1/2 of our fans left at halftime. 0-37 or something like that. Or maybe that was Okie State. I remember that it was homecoming.
I bet you're thinking of Okie St. Only time I've seen a worse performance from an effort standpoint is Ohio St. Riley's dead man walking year.

kenyanfeline

Pussy Patrol
Insider
Elite Member
I'll kick us off. It was actually a spring game, can't remember which year but I think it was in the late Pelini years. Red team handed it off to the smallest, slowest running back I've ever seen. It was a completely busted play and still the white defense made literally zero effort to bring the guy down. Missed tackles left and right. Worse yet they were cheering when he scored. It was unreal.
This is an underrated post.
Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

GBR305

Linebacker

+

Demry Croft is gonna tell his grandkids about his game against Nebraska. That was a terrible Gopher team in Fleck's first year.

Steveweiser316

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
End Zone seats watching Bo refuse to make any adjustments as they just ran same play over and over and over for huge gains. Even the Wisc Fans around us started feeling sorry for us asking why Bo wouldn't adjust anything to stop it. They were literally wanting to throw in the towel for us, Mercy Rule. Or Stubborn Pigheaded Coach Rule

Wisconsin fans be like:
the-dude-give-up.gif
I was at that game too. I remember after that Taylor Martinez crazy run it felt like all the energy came out of us and that was all she wrote.

22*43*51

Punter Fluffer
Elite Member
Cockeye
This thread blows and makes so much sense. It’s like this group can’t go a day without kicking yourself in balls…so we have to create threads to relive the shittiest moments of Husker defensive football.

Isn’t just being a part of the last 20 years enough for this clown show?

Unbelievable. :ROFLMAO:

Frustrated Jack Nicholson GIF

I found it uplifting...

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I remember all the different pictures putting different characters running through that hole. Stephen Hawking and the burger king mascot were the two I can remember. I just remembered Mark Mangino as well.
Stadium was so hyped until Stanley Havili took the ball like 45 yards up the gut from the USC 2 on the first play of the game

BradWesley

Cornerback
Elite Member
I remember all the different pictures putting different characters running through that hole. Stephen Hawking and the burger king mascot were the two I can remember. I just remembered Mark Mangino as well.
There was an old lady with a walker

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds