Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Worst Husker defensive play you can remember?

Whichever the first jet sweep TD was in the 2012 Big Ten Championship game
Id give a pass for 1 jet sweep play. You think theyd be able to catch on at jet sweep #15 though. That game and 2014 vs Wisky just do not make sense to me.

My football knowledge only goes to 9th grade freshmen football, but I jut dont understand how Bo lets that happen. There are literally no adjustments that he could have made? There were like 5 NFL players on that defense front 7 in 2014.

LeKevin Smith trying to run with an interception, instead of simply falling down, that would've sealed the game vs TTech in 2005 comes to mind right away.

That’s the first one I thought of as well. Or that deep Tyrod Taylor throw at the very end of that VA Tech game

Was about to post this.

I had never seen my stepdad be as mad as he was that day.

Remember my dad taking me back to P.O. Pears so he could drink and vent with his friends after that game. Was 14 years old at the time. Still remember how my dad looked like he was going to break one of the pool cues upstairs.

Several good bad ones in here. The LeKevin Smith and TT was first thought.

Then the 1996 B12 champ game against Texas and the fucking Priest Holmes long breakaway to ice the game (IIRC). Cost us our shot at 3-4 NC in a row (we were hosed in 93 FSU game)

Truth is, I’m a Chiefs fan and Holmes was awesome for them until his career ending injury. Still have his jersey.

2012 Big Ten Football Championship Game is really the only answer.

Despite finishing third in their division and being unranked, Wisconsin was still allowed to play in the championship game because Ohio State and Penn State were ineligible due to post-season suspensions.
  • Wisconsin broke several school records during the game, starting with the eight rushing touchdowns they scored.
  • Two rushers for 200 yards in one game set a second school record for Wisconsin.
  • Nebraska set a record for the most rushing touchdowns allowed in a game.

Id give a pass for 1 jet sweep play. You think theyd be able to catch on at jet sweep #15 though. That game and 2014 vs Wisky just do not make sense to me.

My football knowledge only goes to 9th grade freshmen football, but I jut dont understand how Bo lets that happen. There are literally no adjustments that he could have made? There were like 5 NFL players on that defense front 7 in 2014.
Arkansas St WR screen for 7-15 yards like 823 times.

Several good bad ones in here. The LeKevin Smith and TT was first thought.

Then the 1996 B12 champ game against Texas and the fucking Priest Holmes long breakaway to ice the game (IIRC). Cost us our shot at 3-4 NC in a row (we were hosed in 93 FSU game)

Truth is, I’m a Chiefs fan and Holmes was awesome for them until his career ending injury. Still have his jersey.

FMFL...

Special teams count? The Illinois fake punt in 2020 was pretty bad.

Also some of those Ohio State games were brutal. If I remember correctly both JT Barrett and Justin Fields completely torched us. Every play no pressure at all on the QB with receivers streaming wide open down field. 10-15 yards easy when they handed it off.

End Zone seats watching Bo refuse to make any adjustments as they just ran same play over and over and over for huge gains. Even the Wisc Fans around us started feeling sorry for us asking why Bo wouldn't adjust anything to stop it. They were literally wanting to throw in the towel for us, Mercy Rule. Or Stubborn Pigheaded Coach Rule

Wisconsin fans be like:
the-dude-give-up.gif

With the defense getting so much hype I feel it's time to bring them back down to earth for a moment.

What is the single worst Husker defensive play you can remember?
Suh going too hard after McCoy when he threw it away. I’m joking of course but McCoy was so rattled if Suh doesn’t rush his throw he was going to throw it away late for sure.

This thread blows and makes so much sense. It’s like this group can’t go a day without kicking yourself in balls…so we have to create threads to relive the shittiest moments of Husker defensive football.

Isn’t just being a part of the last 20 years enough for this clown show?

Unbelievable. 🤣

Frustrated Jack Nicholson GIF

This thread blows and makes so much sense. It’s like this group can’t go a day without kicking yourself in balls…so we have to create threads to relive the shittiest moments of Husker defensive football.

Isn’t just being a part of the last 20 years enough for this clown show?

Unbelievable. 🤣

Frustrated Jack Nicholson GIF
Hopefully by year 3-4 Rhule changes that.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back