Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

With Helton fired at USC.. (1 Viewer)

Strongarm517

Defensive Lineman
Row the boat fired his d coordinator after losing to us. Why do have yo hire such “loyal” people?

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
Why do that when you can hire Bill Busch full-time? He’s already in house.

David Webb

JCTJB
Elite Member
Why do that when you can hire Bill Busch full-time? He’s already in house.
Who are you firing on the defensive side of the ball to make him full time? He’s coached defensive backs as a position coach in all but one year.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Who are you firing on the defensive side of the ball to make him full time? He’s coached defensive backs as a position coach in all but one year.
Make him a full time special teams coordinator and.have Frost coach QBs or leave RB coach vacant because it's not possible that vacant would do worse than Held? The second part is a joke.

Dawson's the only defensive firing that could work because Chinander could take over OLBs like he coached at Oregon

David Webb

JCTJB
Elite Member
Make him a full time special teams coordinator and.have Frost coach QBs or leave RB coach vacant because it's not possible that vacant would do worse than Held? The second part is a joke.

Dawson's the only defensive firing that could work because Chinander could take over OLBs like he coached at Oregon
If you’re keeping Frost, I would rather them replace Held and Verdu with competent coaches. Frost doesn’t need to add more to his plate. He hasn’t been able to handle what he has already.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'd take both Snyder and Busch full time somehow. Upgrade the OL coach too and I'll be satisfied for a game or two.

JankTheTank

Linebacker
Elite Member
Does NU have an analyst or GA who could take over OL duties?

Edit: Nevermind. Frank Verducci.

Otherwise, Randy Clements is a free agent OL coach after Kiffin canned him in April. He was also Art Briles’ OL coach at Baylor from 08 to 16. Might be weird to switch OL coaches and have him have to earn the trust of the players mid season, but there are candidates out there if you wanted to make a mid season switch.

Last edited:

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
If you’re keeping Frost, I would rather them replace Held and Verdu with competent coaches. Frost doesn’t need to add more to his plate. He hasn’t been able to handle what he has already.
I was talking more mid season replacements. I'm not sure how one shuffles that deck to get a full time special teams coach without either rolling WR and TEs into one or making Chin coach a position. Maybe theirs an obvious defensive guy to fire for Bush, but idk

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I think if you fire Austin, which they won’t…Frank Verducci would take over in the interim

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Keep that psycho far away from the team please
Edit: For clarity his personal views will get us in even more hot water
Who cares as long as he can coach well and his players like him?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds