Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Helton out at USC (1 Viewer)

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Our issue is we aren’t in a talent rich location. A guy like Urb would never come here. He is going to a place that is easier to recruit.
I think the highly rated recruits brought in by Fred Hoiberg has helped dispel this excuse for poor recruiting by Husker Coaches. The year Bill Callahan was let go he was putting together what was projected to be a Top 3 rated class. I get tired of all of the excuses Husker Fans make for coaches.

Losers make Excuses, Winners find a way to Win
Coaching Matters

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think the highly rated recruits brought in by Fred Hoiberg has helped dispel this excuse for poor recruiting by Husker Coaches. The year Bill Callahan was let go he was putting together what was projected to be a Top 3 rated class. I get tired of all of the excuses Husker Fans make for coaches.

Coaching Matters

The only time they make excuses for Husker Coaches is if the Husker Coach was a former player or has some stupid previous tie to the Football Program/University.

This is what IMO makes huskers fans the biggest waterheads in college football. They seem to care more about having a coach with ties to the program than a coach that wins. That is the only reason why Frost has been given 4 years and probably 5.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Urban is intriguing, but I think Joe Brady would be very interesting if Urban says no.

Joe Brady would be a similar hire to McVay I feel.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG

Coaching Matters
It's not an excuse for the coach. We're talking about the difference between a top 5 job vs top 20. If you're Urban Meyer what job do you pick? USC, take your pick of a Florida P5 school, Texas, or Nebraska? Assume same money and sale amount of talent currently on the team.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
If I were USC, I would hit up Saban. You'll get the money easily and it would give Saban a chance to try to win one more NC at a different school.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG

Coaching Matters
It’s a lot easier to get a couple elite guys for basketball than 20-25 for football. It’s hard to compare the two sports. If you want to make a comparison go with Bill Callahan. You can get get a top 10 class here but you’re going to have to work much harder than you would at any other blue blood. If Frost would have actually had success early on I think he could have parlayed into some top 10 classes. The point still stands, Urb would never come here.

Steveweiser316

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member

Coaching Matters
You’re absolutely correct that you can get highly rated football recruiting classes here but it is much more difficult than say Ohio State, Michigan, Alabama, USC etc. We have no natural recruiting base and this is not just Neb homers saying this - it’s National journalists as well. Also Billy C was nearly 15 years ago - we were still nationally relevant at that time. I’m not saying that we can’t hit a home run and eventually turn into that but I don’t think we can expect top 5 recruiting classes year in year out. I believe with a decent coach we can expect top 20 classes as the bare minimum and then say a top 10 class every few years if this things gets turned around (Not by Frost)

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member

Coaching Matters
You are correct. Most Husker fans expose themselves as losers with all their build in excuses. It can be done and has been proven they are just too stupid to see it

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
You are correct. Most Husker fans expose themselves as losers with all their build in excuses. It can be done and has been proven they are just too stupid to see it
And you want a Clieman. I’m sure he would bring in top 10 classes on a regular basis. lol.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds