Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

I saw we just offered Beni Ngoyi (1 Viewer)

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
It bothers me to see talented players like Beni leave the state so I am very happy they finally offered him. Do you think this is a reactionary offer because of Flores just committing to Oklahoma St? Seems convenient timing that fans were pissed about Zane leaving the state for a more successful Power5 Program after we didn't even really recruit him. For a smaller populated state like Nebraska that's high schools produce a limited number of D-1 quality athletes traditionally I'd like to keep all on them. We need to close the border.

lee_carvallo_12

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
It bothers me to see talented players like Beni leave the state so I am very happy they finally offered him. Do you think this is a reactionary offer because of Flores just committing to Oklahoma St? Seems convenient timing that fans were pissed about Zane leaving the state for a more successful Power5 Program after we didn't even really recruit him. For a smaller populated state like Nebraska that's high schools produce a limited number of D-1 quality athletes traditionally I'd like to keep all on them. We need to close the border.
the in state recruiting fails are a top 3 thing that bothers me about HCSF's regime. us going 0-4 last year on the top 4 Neb kids is unforgiveable. now the best in state qb prospect in years gets slow played/no played and is headed out of state so we can get a tiny kid from the hs football powerhouse state of Massachusetts? what in the jumped up fuck?

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Manchester United Yes GIF by UEFA

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
the in state recruiting fails are a top 3 thing that bothers me about HCSF's regime. us going 0-4 last year on the top 4 Neb kids is unforgiveable. now the best in state qb prospect in years gets slow played/no played and is headed out of state so we can get a tiny kid from the hs football powerhouse state of Massachusetts? what in the jumped up fuck?
I mean 1 of those 4 wouldn't have qualified so I am not too mad about that one... 2 of those 4 we had next to no shot with as they wanted to leave home. Helms was the one that I felt we had a shot with if we were awake at the wheel.

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I mean 1 of those 4 wouldn't have qualified so I am not too mad about that one... 2 of those 4 we had next to no shot with as they wanted to leave home. Helms was the one that I felt we had a shot with if we were awake at the wheel.

Helms hurts.

Jackson hurts in the sense that he’s an elite athlete we missed on. But he was always leaving. I coached one of his good friends in soccer and we had basically zero shot. Neither one of his parents are from here and they appeared to be encouraging him to leave and experience a different part of the country.

I think we’ll get a chance to circle back around on Woods if we doesn’t qualify at Wyoming and ends up at IWCC.

Riley-Ducker didn’t ever appear to show interest here.

I’d be much more concerned if we miss on Coleman and Beni this year as they are very receptive to us and aren’t set on leaving the state.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
It is kind of cool watching recruit's highlights and seeing myself. We usually have most of Nebraska's D1 and D2 recruits at some point in the season.

Nothing tops being on Sportscenter's Top 10 #1 play. That is play #1 on my officiating highlight film. I'll see if I can dig it up somewhere.
When watching these highlights do you find yourself watching the player being showcased or are you checking out to see your positioning on the play?

I played, coached plus reffed high school/college/club Lacrosse. When watching game film for scouting opponents for games that I had been reffing I kept finding myself watching my positioning instead of scouting the players and plays. We put on clinics for new referees showing them film. It was always funny to hear comments from the newbies like "Nice wheels" when I was running down the field faster than the players thus passing them on a Fast Break to get into position. There were times we had to Ref games solo because the other Ref got hurt, sick, car break down or they were just short people, especially for tournaments. Quite the workout to Ref 4 games in a day all by yourself.

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
When watching these highlights do you find yourself watching the player being showcased or are you checking out to see your positioning on the play?

I played, coached plus reffed high school/college/club Lacrosse. When watching game film for scouting opponents for games that I had been reffing I kept finding myself watching my positioning instead of scouting the players and plays. We put on clinics for new referees showing them film. It was always funny to hear comments from the newbies like "Nice wheels" when I was running down the field faster than the players thus passing them on a Fast Break to get into position. There were times we had to Ref games solo because the other Ref got hurt, sick, car break down or they were just short people, especially for tournaments. Quite the workout to Ref 4 games in a day all by yourself.

Without a doubt I first watch our crew and the other crews are doing on each play, then I'll watch again for the player. Watch for official's positioning and their movements. We do get all game film for all (or at least almost all) Nebraska high school games for our prep and I'm always watching from an officials perspective and who should see what on each play.

Our crew is easily in the top 2-3 in Lincoln and probably top 4-5 in the state currently. It amazes me watching the mechanics, positioning, and fouls of other crews. Give me 1 quarter of tape and I can pick out quality officials, bad officials, and young officials.

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
Theory on RSS is that we offered Beni because the ship has sailed on Coleman...

If Nebraska misses on Coleman, that'll rank as one of the worst in-state recruiting misses in a long time. Not because of just talent, but because it's a huge hit on what Nebraska can sell for NIL. In Lincoln, Malachi has camps in his name, donates to non-profits in Lincoln, partnered with a couple businesses in Lincoln, and has his own brand already. It would be a huge slap in the face to Nebraska's NIL efforts.

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
It is kind of cool watching recruit's highlights and seeing myself. We usually have most of Nebraska's D1 and D2 recruits at some point in the season.

Nothing tops being on Sportscenter's Top 10 #1 play. That is play #1 on my officiating highlight film. I'll see if I can dig it up somewhere.

Didn't find the Sportscenter version, but here is the play... I'm the "F". In short, the kid who ultimately scored the TD was the original running back.

alt f4

Administrator
Admin
Insider
not the smartest play i've ever seen by a defensive player, fwiw.

That wasn't actually the dumbest part of this play. We could have called this back and were pretty close to it, watch at 17 to 20ish seconds and the endzone view at 43 - 49 seconds (watch how it catches our white hat's attention).

There are two white team (defensive players) laying on the ground on the 40 and 43 yard lines, an offensive player (#9) at the 50 runs back, stands over top of one of those guys, and taunts the shit out of him. This wasn't his first warning of the game either.

That whole thing could have easily been 1st and 10 Morningside (maroon) at their own 27 instead of a TD.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds