Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Who gone? (3 Viewers)

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Sounds like a bidding War for the TCU kid so dont count on him. More likely the N. Texas Twins
There is no way we can compete financially with Texas. Our NIL Program isn't nearly as lucrative as theirs, no matter what Dean tries to pimp. I think the biggest advantage we would have over a team like Texas is that due to our poor recruiting and player development we can offer Playing Time with little competition. A solid Pass Rusher is basically guaranteed to see the field this season at Nebraska where as you know Texas has some athletes sitting on their bench that he would need to compete against.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
There is no way we can compete financially with Texas. Our NIL Program isn't nearly as lucrative as theirs, no matter what Dean tries to pimp. I think the biggest advantage we would have over a team like Texas is that due to our poor recruiting and player development we can offer Playing Time with little competition. A solid Pass Rusher is basically guaranteed to see the field this season at Nebraska where as you know Texas has some athletes sitting on their bench that he would need to compete against.
There wouldn't even be a bidding war. It would be like two guys playing poker and one of them has 90% of the chips.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Just have to get to 85 by fall right? Did we get the TCU kid? That would explain Payne now.
I think you still keep Payne till after spring.. Nothing is final or matters until he receives aid.

You have to be within 3 by signing day and 85 by fall iirc

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think you still keep Payne till after spring.. Nothing is final or matters until he receives aid.

You have to be within 3 by signing day and 85 by fall iirc
I meant he chose to leave at that point. That doesn't sound very likely anyway. I thought I read somewhere he was N.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
Not unless he's got a whole lot quicker since high school. Seemed slow off the ball to me. Good hands and a decent route runner but quick definitely wouldn't be an adjective I'd have used.
Never watched him play at Prep…I take it you weren’t all that impressed

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Never watched him play at Prep…I take it you weren’t all that impressed
Measurables he looks great. Hes got the shoulders of an OT. He never seemed like he was trying very hard. Particularly on defense. Moved faster than he looked like he was moving. Big long strides. No burst though.

I thought little Bullock was a better football player by a pretty wide margin. He really wants to play WR but don't think he'll ever see the field there. I think he should switch to safety. Think he'd see the field later in his career there.

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
Well spring ball is in the books and we’ve had a chance to see some live scrimmage action. I’d wager we see some movement in the next couple weeks. Predictions?

I just have a feeling NPG may not stick. I don’t remember seeing him until like the 4th quarter today. Just doesn’t seem like he’s in the mix at all.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I think NPG, Clark, 2 of the freshman wideouts, and one or two garbage linemen bounce.
I know it’s the spring game, but hated the way Grimes just walked into the end zone on his score, after getting his catch broken up on the attempt before. Might be a little too casual for ol Mick

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Stepp should probably just take a medical and end his career. Poor guy can’t catch a break.
Did he even have a carry today? I remember him on punt coverage but don't remember him rushing, even before the walk ons.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds