Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Who gone? (3 Viewers)

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Deab wrote that Nixon injured his knee during summer workouts. Wasn’t he the kid that injured in while wrecking a 4-wheeler?

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
I'm guessing that we are getting that TCU guy and Payne sees the writing on the wall

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Not unless he's got a whole lot quicker since high school. Seemed slow off the ball to me. Good hands and a decent route runner but quick definitely wouldn't be an adjective I'd have used.
Rollins seemed like a reach for me. I didn't see the explosiveness necessary to be an impact player as a Pass Rusher. Was really questioning that one. Hope he proves me wrong. Some of these kids are still physically maturing so there is hope. Some of the best Husker players grew into their bodies to become forces on the field.

kenyanfeline

Pussy Patrol
Insider
Elite Member
Rollins seemed like a reach for me. I didn't see the explosiveness necessary to be an impact player as a Pass Rusher. Was really questioning that one. Hope he proves me wrong. Some of these kids are still physically maturing so there is hope. Some of the best Husker players grew into their bodies to become forces on the field.
Waterboy was completely unimpressed with Rollins. Plays like he’s wearing ankle weights.

Carnie is 2x the athlete. And Fidone is about 6x the athlete.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
He could be a solid TE. They haven't switched him to D did they?

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
Nixon was an obvious casualty of our offensive system changing and most likely the discontinuation of the Duck - R position.

Payne is a head scratcher from a player's perspective and probably a frustration from a coach's perspective. I think there must be something else going on with him. For him to go in the portal, then return and now back to the portal is strange behavior. Upset about coaching changes? Maybe. Not getting it done in the classroom? Possibly. All indications would've suggested that he was in line for a sizable chunk of playing time. So why not go through spring and see how it shakes out? Leaving now puts him out of any spring practices and behind wherever his next stop is.....that is if football is still in his future.

By my count we are now at 87 scholarships. Still some cuts to be made.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Nixon was an obvious casualty of our offensive system changing and most likely the discontinuation of the Duck - R position.

Payne is a head scratcher from a player's perspective and probably a frustration from a coach's perspective. I think there must be something else going on with him. For him to go in the portal, then return and now back to the portal is strange behavior. Upset about coaching changes? Maybe. Not getting it done in the classroom? Possibly. All indications would've suggested that he was in line for a sizable chunk of playing time. So why not go through spring and see how it shakes out? Leaving now puts him out of any spring practices and behind wherever his next stop is.....that is if football is still in his future.

By my count we are now at 87 scholarships. Still some cuts to be made.
Just have to get to 85 by fall right? Did we get the TCU kid? That would explain Payne now.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds