Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

White Hot the rise & fall of Abercrombie & Fitch (1 Viewer)

Lionsfan93

Running Back
Recruiting Analyst
Nebrasketball
tPB OG
Peak Abercrombie was a hair after my time, but still pretty "cool." And I won't lie, I had my fair share of Abercrombie clothes...and my gf bought me their cologne. It was good for me...

Toe

Wide Receiver
Lucky jeans were also the tits back in the day.

Years later, I finally got some Lucky jeans for $25 at Sam's Club a few weeks ago, lol. Am I one of the cool kids now?

I was the generation after this where everyone wore Nike sweatpants to school with socks and slides.

I did the socks with sandals thing in high school for a while. But that was mainly because I had a nasty bloody ingrown toenail, and needed something that gave my toes plenty of room while still keeping them covered. (I'm trying to remember if it was the one in my avatar or the other one, lol.)

dsbigred1

Quarterback
tPB OG
Years later, I finally got some Lucky jeans for $25 at Sam's Club a few weeks ago, lol. Am I one of the cool kids now?

I did the socks with sandals thing in high school for a while. But that was mainly because I had a nasty bloody ingrown toenail, and needed something that gave my toes plenty of room while still keeping them covered. (I'm trying to remember if it was the one in my avatar or the other one, lol.)
The Lucky jeans became a favorite of mine after a freshman year encounter with a girl. As she pulled them down she showed me the inside of the fly that said “Lucky you”. Had I not been so nervous and excited, I’d have thought of something to say, but I’m pretty sure she understood how lucky I felt.

HuskerDocCo

100 & havin fun GBR !!
tPB OG
I felt bad for the single moms who would spend like 200 dollars on clothes from there. Now maybe for kids it was a good deal but that shit shrank awkwardly after one wash.
but it said GBrR so it was worth it. Gosh, Barry’s gives me some fun flashbacks. Honestly for the price point, I think we all knew what we were getting. I always got like 1-2 sizes bigger after that first shirt. But damn, that place was awesome

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
but it said GBrR so it was worth it. Gosh, Barry’s gives me some fun flashbacks. Honestly for the price point, I think we all knew what we were getting. I always got like 1-2 sizes bigger after that first shirt. But damn, that place was awesome
I remember them telling us that our jeans were made in the same factory as Abercrombie and fitch. The worst part is they had about 8 songs on a circuit.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
American Eagle and Hollister were the go tos at my middle school, 7th grade year. It was the same time as frosted tips, which I did do. Owned 1 American Eagle polo that I only one wore once to try and feel cool but it was small so I didn’t like it. Kept it in my closet for years just to say I had one in case anyone asked.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
What I remember of A&F was that if you walked within 50 feet of that store at the mall you would absorb that god awful cologne smell they pumped into that store. I don't know how those people worked there.
Sprayed a full bottle every day on the mannequins

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds