Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

What's Wrong with Nebraska Football, and is Scott Frost the one to fix it? (ESPN)

People keep bring up 6 games. Is that solely due to Turd's comments about improvement vs. win totals?

If he wins 6 and stays, there need to be changes to his staff
We haven't been to a bowl game since 2016, and Frost hasn't gotten more than 5 wins in a season since he came here, so I assume 6 wins and a bowl game is the threshold. That would count as an improvement.

OC/WR Matt
RB -TBD
QB- Frost
TE - Beckton
OL - Austin

DC - Chins
DL- T
OLB- Dawson
ILB - Ruud
DB- Fish
I would prefer the following:

QB/OC: Helfrich
RB: Ron Brown or someone better
WR/TE: Beckton
OL: Garrison or someone better
ST/OL: Sean Snyder

DL: TT
OLB: Dawson
ILB/RC: Busch
DB: Fisher
DC: Chinander

I would prefer the following:

QB/OC: Helfrich
RB: Ron Brown or someone better
WR/TE: Beckton
OL: Garrison or someone better
ST/OL: Sean Snyder

DL: TT
OLB: Dawson
ILB/RC: Busch
DB: Fisher
DC: Chinander
I'd fire Chinander and bring in a better DC who shares a lot of the same philosophical ideas, but is just better

I'd fire Chinander and bring in a better DC who shares a lot of the same philosophical ideas, but is just better
Maybe Chinander will leave and take a HC gig at some FCS school. Then we could bring in Kevin Steele, though he would probably want to switch to a 4-3 and I dunno how that works. Then you've got an elite DC from SEC country. I imagine Steele wouldn't take any shit from Frost either.

seems like Nebraska is the common denominator of things not working rather than the offense or anything related to Oregon - I know you’re very nostalgic for 90s Nebraska (or the idea of it, anyway) - but no offense works if you can’t execute it.
Eh, I'm just annoyed by the whole deal. Been a complete disaster.

We haven't been to a bowl game since 2016, and Frost hasn't gotten more than 5 wins in a season since he came here, so I assume 6 wins and a bowl game is the threshold. That would count as an improvement.

Thanks. This was my thought process. His max win total has only been 5. So maybe win totals do matter? 😎

I don’t trust him to hire the right people either. But if he figures out how to win 6 games he is coming back.
If he wins 6 games I’ll eat crow. The best possible scenario I see is 5 if we get some luck.

Tldr

Scott is a good offensive coach.

Scott is a bad offensive coach being a head coach.

Scott needs to give up play calling and make sure every aspect of a game plan is executed.

Scott does that Nebraska wins on Saturdays.

I'll send the bill for 1 million dollars for my expert advice
Can we put Frost in the skybox?

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back