Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Inside Info What we know on the Rivals vs Tater Island Situation (1 Viewer)

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Paraphrasing what we have been told by an inside source to the situation:

The staff that is (attempting) to transition from Rivals to Tater Island is *extremely* stressed about the ongoing legal situation. They were apparently close to a settlement yesterday but it would have likely entailed them operating at less than full functionality for some time. From this I infer it is a non-compete issue in which Rivals is claiming that Sean is using some Rivals IP/confidential info. In addition, someone else said they heard from another staff member that Rivals was drafting a request for injunctive relief shortly after midnight yesterday. That is the common remedy provided in the contract when the party owning the IP believes there has been a breach in contract.

As stated, the staff was very stressed. They had a TT and recruiting info written that they were unable to post or had to change the timing. It seems that Rivals has played a card to interfere with the launch of the staff to Tater Island to buy time for their new guy and they were successful so far.

To me, it looks like Sean is in a world of hurt.
  • Terry says this is between Sean and Rivals
  • Terry says he has Sipple and will add more content providers soon
  • Terry says he has the name as of 9/1/22 but pointedly avoids stating Sean's team can start then
  • Terry also makes a point of saying Sean could not show up as scheduled.
From my perspective, why would he need Sean now? By 9/1 he should already be up and running fine without him. Sean is currently unable to fulfill his contractual obligation to Tater Island, Terry technically will not owe him anything. Terry will capture most of the market, Rivals will retain the rest. Right now from what I have heard, it sounds bad. Everything I have heard comes across as "poor Sean, he is such a good guy. Too bad this happened to him but onwards and upward!"

Take it for what it's worth.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Is all the drama for Dean still the case with Robin, Mongo and the interns posting over there?

If Dean's somehow left holding the bag in all this...

amused jaw drop GIF

redzoner

Cornerback
It always seemed crazy to me that they thought they could pick up everything and just move it to a new provider overnight and Rivals wouldn't do anything about it. Maybe that's how the agreements are written but I'm fascinated to watch this play out.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Paraphrasing what we have been told by an inside source to the situation:

The staff that is (attempting) to transition from Rivals to Tater Island is *extremely* stressed about the ongoing legal situation. They were apparently close to a settlement yesterday but it would have likely entailed them operating at less than full functionality for some time. From this I infer it is a non-compete issue in which Rivals is claiming that Sean is using some Rivals IP/confidential info. In addition, someone else said they heard from another staff member that Rivals was drafting a request for injunctive relief shortly after midnight yesterday. That is the common remedy provided in the contract when the party owning the IP believes there has been a breach in contract.

As stated, the staff was very stressed. They had a TT and recruiting info written that they were unable to post or had to change the timing. It seems that Rivals has played a card to interfere with the launch of the staff to Tater Island to buy time for their new guy and they were successful so far.

To me, it looks like Sean is in a world of hurt.
  • Terry says this is between Sean and Rivals
  • Terry says he has Sipple and will add more content providers soon
  • Terry says he has the name as of 9/1/22 but pointedly avoids stating Sean's team can start then
  • Terry also makes a point of saying Sean could not show up as scheduled.
From my perspective, why would he need Sean and crew now? By 9/1 he should already be up and running fine without them. Sean is currently unable to fulfill his contractual obligation to Tater Island, Terry technically will not owe him anything. Terry will capture most of the market, Rivals will retain the rest. Right now from what I have heard, it sounds bad. Everything I have heard comes across as "poor Sean, he is such a good guy. Too bad this happened to him but onwards and upward!"

Take it for what it's worth.
Terry says Deans fucked

Skerz4Life50

Cornerback
Elite Member
It always seemed crazy to me that they thought they could pick up everything and just move it to a new provider overnight and Rivals wouldn't do anything about it. Maybe that's how the agreements are written but I'm fascinated to watch this play out.
What is weird to me is that the OSU, Texas, and a few others have all made the moves. Dean's site seems to be the only one having issues moving, so it seems that Rivals must have different contracts for the different team sites.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
A bunch of other team sites have done it, so I do wonder what the issue is here. I don't know if Rivals helped with the HOL rebrand when the other dudes took Huskers illustrated to 247 or what and that's what's triggered shit

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Act like I'm retarded and you're explaining it to me.....what does this mean for Nebraska?

Reading the tea leaves….

Dean owns the name to HOL. He thought that was everything. Rivals/Yahoo says that’s not everything and you wouldn’t have built the brand you did without us and our resources and access. You owe us money. We aren’t going to let you post over there until that is settled.

Btw… We are going to wait until 5/31 at like midnight to slap you with a suit.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
What did Terry say about his made for TV face being on channel 7 with Andy Kendeigh?

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
In the past I would describe his legal representation as (at minimum) decent.

That being said, a lawyer can only do so much when they have a loser client. (like Dean)

This reminds me of when they asked one of the guys representing one of the more prominent guys that entered the capital building on 1/6 what defense he had against the video evidence of his client standing in the capital that day.

“I’m an attorney. Not a miracle worker.”

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
This reminds me of when they asked one of the guys representing one of the more prominent guys that entered the capital building on 1/6 what defense he had against the video evidence of his client standing in the capital that day.

“I’m an attorney. Not a miracle worker.”

Rule #1 of practicing law: Clients are dumb and often won’t do what you say.

Rule #2 of practicing law: Lawyers can’t change rule #1.

cc: @Kaladin @KidsSeeGhosts

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds